John Ross Being shopped

So the next question is why did it take almost 24 hours for management to deny this “rumor”. It was one of the main national stories on Tuesday. I don’t think Tobin or Taylor responded until Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

So the next question is why did it take almost 24 hours for management to deny this “rumor”. It was one of the main national stories on Tuesday. I don’t think Tobin or Taylor responded until Wednesday. 

I'm sure they responded when they were asked about it. Are they supposed to call a press conference to address every rumor they see? 

2 hours ago, Girevik said:

I'm sure they responded when they were asked about it. Are they supposed to call a press conference to address every rumor they see? 

First of all it was one of the main stories on ESPN and every NFL type news site.  Second, there is no need to call a press conference, its 2019.  Either Taylor or Tobin could have tweeted or told any of the NFL media who were probably trying to get more info it was not true.  It took Joe Mixon about 2 hours to comment, it took these guys almost 24.  I am sure there were plenty of Bengals players, to include Ross wondering what the hell was going on.  Letting it fester that long (and 20 hours in today's instant media age is LONG) means there is more to the story.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

First of all it was one of the main stories on ESPN and every NFL type news site.  Second, there is no need to call a press conference, its 2019.  Either Taylor or Tobin could have tweeted or told any of the NFL media who were probably trying to get more info it was not true.  It took Joe Mixon about 2 hours to comment, it took these guys almost 24.  I am sure there were plenty of Bengals players, to include Ross wondering what the hell was going on.  Letting it fester that long (and 20 hours in today's instant media age is LONG) means there is more to the story.

They were literally scheduled for a media time within 24 hours of a rumor they didn’t start. You will complain about anything.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

They were literally scheduled for a media time within 24 hours of a rumor they didn’t start. You will complain about anything.

They've never responded to the fake news report from Furman that Burfict was going to be cut either.  There is more to that story!  Conspiracies a plenty in PBS.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I am not complaining about anything.  Do you know how to fucking read?  I stated my opinion, I don't give a fuck if they keep or get rid of John Ross.  Again, 2019, you don't need to schedule a media time.  You tell Lance, Doc, Kathleen Terrell or Paul Denher that its a bogus rumor or send out a tweet.  Why would you schedule media time to address fake news anyways. There is more to the story.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

You fucking complain all the fucking time. It’s your fucking default setting.

Awww, someone is triggered.  What have I complained about lately?  I have hardly said anything about the new coaching staff, even said I would give them time.  

I am not complaining that the staff didn’t quash the Ross trade rumor quickly because I think they actually tried to shop him. GOOD!! EXCELLENT MOVE.  They can spend a little money on a veteran guy or rookie who can actually play the slot and have an extra $5mil in cap space next year for AJ and Boyd.

I am actually excited to see how the Fresh New Staff works out.  I don’t care if they make the playoffs as long as the team and coaching staff look like they have a fucking plan.  

Yeah, I complained all the time until the finally fired Marvin.  Should have been fired after the TO Ocho shit show.  Second time after the San Diego shit show.  Definitely after the Steeler meltdown.  Sorry.

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The Children's Crusade will get the initial blessings. After the ships fail to arrive in December and its 5-11, then it's going to get tragic. 

The degree of shitshow possible from a staff of Aggies capped off by Jim freakin' Turner, there really are no limits.  Particularly when reduced to grabbing names from a hat at the last minute, few if any of these guys are really being vetted.  

Fully prepared for the on-field results to get worse before they get better & I'm not ruling out a season-ending injury or two from the shower 'gator.   I know that sounds like a joke but something epically stupid is a very real possibility. 

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The degree of shitshow possible from a staff of Aggies capped off by Jim freakin' Turner, there really are no limits.  Particularly when reduced to grabbing names from a hat at the last minute, few if any of these guys are really being vetted.  

Fully prepared for the on-field results to get worse before they get better & I'm not ruling out a season-ending injury or two from the shower 'gator.   I know that sounds like a joke but something epically stupid is a very real possibility. 

How dare you, Sir. Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal. They are held to the highest standards and always abide by them - just ask them!

On a COMPLETELY unrelated matter, I saw Johnny Manziel was kicked out of the CFL. :pointlaff:

On 2/28/2019 at 9:19 PM, Le Tigre said:

The Children's Crusade will get the initial blessings. After the ships fail to arrive in December and its 5-11, then it's going to get tragic. 

I thought I was supposed to be the hater of a new administration!😂😂

On 3/1/2019 at 8:00 AM, T-Dub said:

Now You, not surprised.  You would bitch about paying more taxes if you won the lottery!😂😂

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

Now You, not surprised.  You would bitch about paying more taxes if you won the lottery!😂😂

:D

I'm excited to see them, even hopeful as far as an attitude change and the new energy we're hearing from the vets but I also realize there's going to be a cull of players & coaches as part of the process.  It has to happen but unfortunately that will come at the cost of some ugly losses and isn't going to happen overnight.  We're coming out of a 3-year hangover the way I see it.  It needed to happen but it's not going to be easy getting back to where we were.  Fair enough?

You think this is a SB team?  Curious how your expectations differ from mine.  I thought you'd be cautioning patience too.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, Le Tigre said:

What is the difference between 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 and 6-9-1?  Two things, Nothing, I mean did you care about the last three years?  First prediction, New Coaching Staff, Last three records a 16 year old coach and coaching staff that was making fans happy being Mediocre to less than Mediocre.  Oh Joy!  

I believe Ross' camp is more likely behind leaking this rumor.  Boyd's emergence has relegated him to the #3 role at best.  There's also the new coaching staff which may or may not decide that Ross has a future here.  He might see the writing on the wall that he won't be a starter unless he leaves town.  From the team's perspective, it doesn't make sense to deal Ross at low value and take on dead cap space.  If Taylor's offense copies the jet sweep action that McVay likes to use, Ross could be a good fit in that role, IMO.  The real question is whether he can stay healthy and not be a head case.  I don't think they will cut the cord now until the new staff can work with him and see what they have.

2 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

What is the difference between 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 and 6-9-1?  Two things, Nothing, I mean did you care about the last three years?  First prediction, New Coaching Staff, Last three records a 16 year old coach and coaching staff that was making fans happy being Mediocre to less than Mediocre.  Oh Joy!  

No, there isn't much difference. But the disposed mediocrity that produced 5 straight playoff appearances, and was 4-1 when IR started to become the normal news, is now being replaced with a Fresh and New clusterfuck of Who's On First. Like I said, I have seen this movie before--in 1992-1996. 

I give you until around this time next year before you are screaming for all of the Wunderkind heads. 

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I believe Ross' camp is more likely behind leaking this rumor.  Boyd's emergence has relegated him to the #3 role at best.  There's also the new coaching staff which may or may not decide that Ross has a future here.  He might see the writing on the wall that he won't be a starter unless he leaves town.  From the team's perspective, it doesn't make sense to deal Ross at low value and take on dead cap space.  If Taylor's offense copies the jet sweep action that McVay likes to use, Ross could be a good fit in that role, IMO.  The real question is whether he can stay healthy and not be a head case.  I don't think they will cut the cord now until the new staff can work with him and see what they have.

Yeah, we eat $10 mil in cap space this year but open up a roster spot today and free up $5mil in cap next year. It isn’t as tragic as it sounds other than totally whiffing in the #9 pick. His advanced stats are the worst in the league to include being targeted only 7% of the time on 3rd and long while on the field. 

Archived