QB Carousel 2019

Last years: 

Definitely Looking

1. Dolphins: Tannehill is both bad and under a bad contract. I fully expect a new guy under center for the Dolphins next year. 

2. Jaguars: SIGN NICK FOLES Bortles was benched by the end of the year and his time is almost certainly up in Jacksonville. 

3. Redskins: TRADE CASE KEENUM Alex Smith's leg was severely injured and he's 35 at the start of next season. 

4. Giants: Eli Manning is nearly done even if he is given another year. 

Might be looking

1. Bengals: Dalton was pretty good last year but has his weaknesses. With a new coach in tow it's possible they hit the reset button at QB as well. 

2. Titans: Mariota has shown flashes of being special but he had an arm injury that lingered. 

3. Raiders: There are definite questions about Derek Carr although both Gruden and Mayock have said he's their Franchise QB. 

4. Cowboys: Dak Prescott was a surprise as a rookie but hasn't progressed into anything special and the Cowboys are often willing to do surprising things. 

5. Lions: Matt Stafford has been solid for years but rumors have swirled that Patricia wants to start over. 

Looking for down the road

1. Patriots: Tom Brady is over 40 and looked to be slowing down last year. The Patriots will role with him this year but the end is near. 

2. Stealers: Roethlisberger is 37 but still playing at a high level. It remains to be seen how he will be without Brown and Bell but he will get is chance. The team seems high on Josh Dobbs a brilliant and athletic guy with accuracy issues. 

3. Broncos: Flacco is 34 years old and hasn't been good for years. He'll get his chance to play but the Broncos will probably have one eye on the rookie QBs for a guy to develop for the long term. 

4. Chargers: Rivers is 37 and while he is still playing well the Chargers don't have an obvious long term option.

5. Saints: Drew Brees is still playing at a high level and will be 40 at the start of next season. The Saints have 2 guys they seem to like in Bridgewater and Taysom Hill.  

Close to Set

1 Panthers: Cam Newton is solid but limited in some areas. His injury questions cloud his future but the word is he should be ready for training camp. Nothing would be a surprise here outside of completely replacing Newton.

2. Bucs: Arians seems excited about what he can get out of Jameis Winston despite Winston's inconsistencies. 

3. Cards: Rosen is likely to get a chance under Kingsbury, but the new coach might want his own guy, and has said he likes Kyler Murray in the past. 

Set

1. Bills: Josh Allen was at least good enough to see if he can develop as a passer. He actually rushed for 631 yards as a rookie. 

2. Jets: Sam Darnold was coming on at the end of the year and should be a star as the supporting cast around him develops. 

3. Ravens: Lamar Jackson wasn't polished, but the job is his to lose after the Ravens traded away Flacco. 

4. Browns: Baker Mayfield had a fantastic year and he is a great football player. If he doesn't mature I think he could create a mess in the locker room, but he will get his chance to grow up. 

5. Texans: DeShaun Watson is one of the most exciting players in the game. Not always consistent but a stud. 

6. Colts: Andrew Luck is back healthy and one of the games elites. 

7. Chiefs: Mahomes took the league by storm and was the best player in the league in 2018. He has a bright future. 

8. Eagles: Carson Wentz is the man in Philadelphia after the Eagles let Nick Foles walk.  

9. Bears: Mitch Tribusky was solid last year and will be given time to see if he can eventually be a star. 

10. Packers: Aaron Rodgers is the best there is and he will get a chance to try to get the Packers back on track. 

11. Vikings: Cousins contract is guaranteed so the Vikings are not going anywhere. 

12. Falcons: Matt Ryan may not be a superstar but he won't be replaced any time soon in Atlanta. 

13. Rams: Super bowl teams don't tend to replace their QBs and I doubt that happens with Goff. 

14. 49ers: The 49ers are excited about their chance to finally see what Garoppolo can do in 2019.

15. Seahawks: Russell Wilson is one of the leagues best and the Seahawks won't be looking for anyone else anytime soon. 

Options

UFA

1. Nick Foles: 

2. Teddy Bridgewater:

3. Tyrod Taylor:

4. Ryan Fitzpatrick:

5. Garrett Gilbert:

6. Brett Hundley:

7. Sean Mannion:

Trade/CC

1. Ryan Tannehill

2. Blake Bortles

Draft

1. Kyler Murray

2. Dwayne Haskins

3. Will Grier

4. Drew Lock

5. Daniel Jones

On 3/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, MichaelWeston said:

Seeing how things are progressing, I think it's becoming increasingly easy to see Tannehill here as a backup. 

If Arizona is actually drafting Murray you gotta try and get Rosen. Dirt cheap rookie deal and probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick?  This is a very rare opportunity if it actually happens. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

If Arizona is actually drafting Murray you gotta try and get Rosen. Dirt cheap rookie deal and probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick?  This is a very rare opportunity if it actually happens. 

That's my thinking, too, although I doubt if they would give up a second rounder.  I would hate to see that's too because a lot of quality players slide.  Maybe they would bite for a third this year and next.  See how he develops with Van Pelt, a year as the back up and serious thought to replacing Andy next season if he looks good enough.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

That's my thinking, too, although I doubt if they would give up a second rounder.  I would hate to see that's too because a lot of quality players slide.  Maybe they would bite for a third this year and next.  See how he develops with Van Pelt, a year as the back up and serious thought to replacing Andy next season if he looks good enough.

the guy would be at the top of or near the top of the draft if he was in it this year.

I am all in for giving up a 2nd or 3rd for him.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I would like to see the front office commit to winning now. AJ Green, Atkins and Dunlap are not getting younger.  We can fill a lot of holes with this year's over abundance of good FAs at most positions. There are numerous pro bowl linebackers out there, all kinds of good safeties and a couple of good tackles.   What isn't available in FA is a dependable tight end.  Fact is the best FA tight end is probably Eifert. 

I don't think there has ever been an instance when an early 1st round QB was possibly traded the next year.  Fact is Rosen went to a poorly staffed poorly coached team and did about as well as one can expect.  The new regime wants a shiny new object to put asses in the seats so I think they will choose Murray.  Bring Rosen here, see what he has and if he is better than Dalton, keep him.  It worked in KC when they drafted Mahomes with Smith on the roster, it might work here.  Keep in mind, in 2017 Alex Smith was a pro bowl QB with a league best 104.7 QB rating throwing for 270 yards per game. 

Archived