There are lots of people saying the Cardinals may select Kyler Murray at number 1 and trade Rosen.  What would you give up, if anything, for Rosen?  I think I'd give up a 3rd rounder this year.  I don't know if the Cards would take that, but I still think the kid has a chance to be a good QB.  Some scouts are saying he'd be the #1 QB this year. 

Seems like a lot of the season before last, nobody could stop talking about this guy. Have to say, he looked darn good at UCLA. The Cardinals offense and scheme last year was a rudderless ship...and he still didn't look half bad at times.

So, they ditch him, and go with the Midget. Josh Rosen is going to be some team's #1. 

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

There are lots of people saying the Cardinals may select Kyler Murray at number 1 and trade Rosen.  What would you give up, if anything, for Rosen?  I think I'd give up a 3rd rounder this year.  I don't know if the Cards would take that, but I still think the kid has a chance to be a good QB.  Some scouts are saying he'd be the #1 QB this year. 

John Ross

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Seems like a lot of the season before last, nobody could stop talking about this guy. Have to say, he looked darn good at UCLA. The Cardinals offense and scheme last year was a rudderless ship...and he still didn't look half bad at times.

So, they ditch him, and go with the Midget. Josh Rosen is going to be some team's #1. 

Yep, plenty of teams will want him. New Orleans, Giants, Patriots, Stealers or even Jacksonville. I think this is Brees’ last year. Manning may want to keep playing but he is liability as a starter. 

I think from a physical talent standpoint he was the best QB in last year's draft.  Just not sure he has the heart.  If we could get a 2 for Dalton I might be willing to give up 42 or even 11 for him.  

13 hours ago, Jason said:

I think from a physical talent standpoint he was the best QB in last year's draft.  Just not sure he has the heart.  If we could get a 2 for Dalton I might be willing to give up 42 or even 11 for him.  

Arizona was utter garbage last year. It was such a cluster fuck they fired their coach after 1 year. Rosen will command a high pick. A year behind Brees or a few weeks behind Manning will do wonders. 

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Keep in mind the dead cap number on Dalton is ZERO.  If the Bengals trade him or release him, there is no cap hit. All of that $16.2 mil he is owed this year could go toward Rosen and additional players.  New coach and new OC so if they want to do such a thing, this would be the time. 

You could even keep Dalton a year and see if Rosen works out.  $6.2 is not a lot for a possible franchise QB for 3 years. The real issue is do the Cardinals want to take a $14.4 mil cap hit this year.

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Keep in mind the dead cap number on Dalton is ZERO.  If the Bengals trade him or release him, there is no cap hit. All of that $16.2 mil he is owed this year could go toward Rosen and additional players.  New coach and new OC so if they want to do such a thing, this would be the time. 

You could even keep Dalton a year and see if Rosen works out.  $6.2 is not a lot for a possible franchise QB for 3 years. The real issue is do the Cardinals want to take a $14.4 mil cap hit this year.

I read they would have a $8.15 million cap hit if they traded him before June the 1st.

A $2.7 million cap hit if traded after June 1st 

https://overthecap.com/player/josh-rosen/6895/

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

I read they would have a $8.15 million cap hit if they traded him before June the 1st.

A $2.7 million cap hit if traded after June 1st 

https://overthecap.com/player/josh-rosen/6895/

I wish I understood it a little better.  I think (not positive) its only a $2.7 mil cap hit for 2019 BUT it would also be a $5.44 mil cap hit for 2020 if they trade after June 1st.    If you go to Spotrac   https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/josh-rosen-25105/  and for 2019 click the little red x on the right side of the 2019 numbers it tells you the different scenarios to include releasing him before and after June 1st which is highly unlikely.

The newer rookie pay scales certainly make offloading an early 1st round pick far less painful than the old days.  In any case, if Kingbury and the Cards really want Murray, it isn't that big a cap hit to pull it off.  Its not like what the Jags are about to suffer with Bortles since they are not getting Foles on a rookie deal. 

For the sake of debate, what do you guys think?   I honestly have hardly ever seen the guy play even in college. 

30 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I wish I understood it a little better.  I think (not positive) its only a $2.7 mil cap hit for 2019 BUT it would also be a $5.44 mil cap hit for 2020 if they trade after June 1st.    If you go to Spotrac   https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/josh-rosen-25105/  and for 2019 click the little red x on the right side of the 2019 numbers it tells you the different scenarios to include releasing him before and after June 1st which is highly unlikely.

The newer rookie pay scales certainly make offloading an early 1st round pick far less painful than the old days.  In any case, if Kingbury and the Cards really want Murray, it isn't that big a cap hit to pull it off.  Its not like what the Jags are about to suffer with Bortles since they are not getting Foles on a rookie deal. 

For the sake of debate, what do you guys think?   I honestly have hardly ever seen the guy play even in college. 

Yeah under Dead Money & Cap Savings there is an option to toggle scenarios.

If he is just flat out cut before June 1st, the dead money is $14 million, cap hit $10 million.

If they trade before June 1st dead money is $8 million cap hit is $4 million.

I personally wouldn't make the trade. Rosen had questions of heart and love for the game before the draft.

How would he react being sent to a cold weather city like Cincinnati? 

Rosen had one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL last year.  I'd give a 3rd round pick for him in a heart beat.

That said, I think the Cards would be stupid to do this,  and is probably being overblown based on a comment a college coach made in talking up an opponent.  If anything it might be a smoke screen to get a QB hungry team top trade up with them. 

1 hour ago, Girevik said:

Rosen had one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL last year.  I'd give a 3rd round pick for him in a heart beat.

That said, I think the Cards would be stupid to do this,  and is probably being overblown based on a comment a college coach made in talking up an opponent.  If anything it might be a smoke screen to get a QB hungry team top trade up with them. 

Well, the only problem is their coach is supposedly telling people that is what they plan to do.  I would probably be skeptical of such a thing but Arizona has the first pick so they don't need to play the smoke and mirrors game.  If another team wanted Murray, they would simply call Arizona, the Cardinals don't need to do anything.  Add in Rosen deleted everything pertaining to the Arizona Cardinals from his social media so it seems as if he has already been notified that Murray is coming there.   Either that or they are bored and are just fucking with everyone.  

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/kliff_kingsbury_reportedly_telling_people_cards_will_draft_kyler_murray/s1_127_28555073

22 minutes ago, SF2 said:

If another team wanted Murray, they would simply call Arizona, the Cardinals don't need to do anything. 

Why would a team trade up if they were confident that Murray would be there for them?  But if....GASP.... the Cardinals are talking about taking him,  then we better do something!!

I believe virtually nothing a team says about the draft,  especially at this stage of the game.  Everyone thinks they can manipulate others by floating rumors.  The only odd thing I see here is if indeed Rosen has washed his social media of the Cardinals, but even that makes no sense. There's almost 2 months of evaluation left before the draft.  ANY team making a decision now would be negligent. 

If this is the one case of a team being straight,  and they are asking a 3rd for Rosen, make that deal NOW.

1 hour ago, Girevik said:

Why would a team trade up if they were confident that Murray would be there for them?  But if....GASP.... the Cardinals are talking about taking him,  then we better do something!!

I believe virtually nothing a team says about the draft,  especially at this stage of the game.  Everyone thinks they can manipulate others by floating rumors.  The only odd thing I see here is if indeed Rosen has washed his social media of the Cardinals, but even that makes no sense. There's almost 2 months of evaluation left before the draft.  ANY team making a decision now would be negligent. 

If this is the one case of a team being straight,  and they are asking a 3rd for Rosen, make that deal NOW.

I totally agree with you.  My point was Arizona has the first pick so they really don't need to do anything except wait for the phone to ring.  If they are trying to bait some team into making a deal with them they should have waited until Murray's pro day was over.  I mean, they haven't even seen him throw for Christ's sake!!

Archived