I'd give a 3rd for Rosen but not more than that. He might turn out better than Dalton but he isn't a lock to do so. If we can trade for Rosen, we might be able to get a 3rd from the Redskins for Dalton. He played well under Jay Gruden and would save them from having to use their first on someone like Jones or Lock.

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

It makes sense.  All new coaching staff, new offense, new guy wants someone that MIGHT have a high ceiling instead of Matt Hasselbeck.

I'd still make him sit behind Dalton for a year though..

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

He might sit behind him for 3 then become an FA.  I don’t even know if he can play. 

Worst case he's still an upgrade over Driskell, IDK how anyone watched that guy throw and thought he should be in the NFL.

QB2 takes on added importance with the greenhorn/Dollar Store OL we're going to be fielding.  Makes you wonder, if they really thought Dalton was a franchise QB wouldn't they try harder to protect him?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Worst case he's still an upgrade over Driskell, IDK how anyone watched that guy throw and thought he should be in the NFL.

QB2 takes on added importance with the greenhorn/Dollar Store OL we're going to be fielding.  Makes you wonder, if they really thought Dalton was a franchise QB wouldn't they try harder to protect him?

They may have doubts about him but they haven’t had a real chance to do anything about it. I honestly think Lamar Jackson will not be the answer is Baltimore. We would have had to move up a lot to get one of the other 4 last year. 

The FA market the last few years has been weak. Sam Bradford? Cousins? Case Keenum?  Alex Smith was the only one maybe a little better than Dalton. 

Ok, Mahomes instead of Ross might have worked. 

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

So as of this morning is it down to a choice between Tannerhill and Rosen?

Is that really a tough choice?  Someone Eifert can talk to while on IR or a guy who might have a high ceiling the new coaching staff can mold the way they want?  

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

They may have doubts about him but they haven’t had a real chance to do anything about it. I honestly think Lamar Jackson will not be the answer is Baltimore. We would have had to move up a lot to get one of the other 4 last year. 

The FA market the last few years has been weak. Sam Bradford? Cousins? Case Keenum?  Alex Smith was the only one maybe a little better than Dalton. 

Ok, Mahomes instead of Ross might have worked. 

Damn, that stings, and I'm not even that down on AD but holy shit talk about night and day draft value...

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Damn, that stings, and I'm not even that down on AD but holy shit talk about night and day draft value...

The next two picks were Marshon Lattimore and Deshon Watson.  I think Mahomes and Watson would have been better receivers than Ross. Lattimore would have helped. 

29 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The next two picks were Marshon Lattimore and Deshon Watson.  I think Mahomes and Watson would have been better receivers than Ross. Lattimore would have helped. 

TBF not making a pick at all would've been an improvement over the $17m guaranteed we've paid for Ross's existential crisis.

If Rosen is a real choice.. I think I am down for this.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I was talking about this at work the other day... 

Malik Hooker was a couple after that ..

total whiff by the Bengals on that one.. 

50 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

If Rosen is a real choice.. I think I am down for this.

I was talking about this at work the other day... 

Malik Hooker was a couple after that ..

total whiff by the Bengals on that one.. 

At risk of beating a dead horse any further, a good solid draft this year is crucial to getting this thing turned around within 2-3 years.  Another first round whiff and bargain bin free agency means these shiny new coaches are just pissing up a rope.

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

...Ok, Mahomes instead of Ross might have worked. 

...and Mahomes would have been on the bench behind Andy.  And then when Andy got hurt Mahomes would have come in and  looked average at best behind our OL.

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Is that really a tough choice?  Someone Eifert can talk to while on IR or a guy who might have a high ceiling the new coaching staff can mold the way they want?  

Doesn't the experienced "holdover" QB coach get to "mold" his protege, as opposed to Fresh and New hodge-podge experience ones?  

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Doesn't the experienced "holdover" QB coach get to "mold" his protege, as opposed to Fresh and New hodge-podge experience ones?  

I think we're at the old dog/new tricks stage with AD unfortunately.  2015 was his peak.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think we're at the old dog/new tricks stage with AD unfortunately.  2015 was his peak.

if 2015 was his peak, it's only because management fucked him over by allowing all of the talent surrounding him at that time to walk away.

He was a legit MVP candidate that year until his injury. The only thing that's changed since then is the lack of Eifert, Marvin Jones, Kevin Zeitler, Andrew Whitworth and a beast of a LB wearing #55 leading the defense.....and then who replaced them all? That's the only difference between Andy then and Andy now, IMO. 

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He can still play at a high level. Give him some people. He sits as the 2nd All-Time leading passer in this franchise's history. 

But it this is about coaches too...and he currently has a good one. Position coach, that is. 

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Dalton=Bledsoe

Rosen=Brady

Do you guys really want to pass on 9 AFC championships and 6 Super Bowl victories the next 20 years?

Archived