Health Care in America

oldschooler

On 9/15/2019 at 9:58 PM, Storm said:

Here is my story :  my son who is 27 started having seizures , he was let go from his employer because of it , so now he is unemployed and has no insurance , he has tried to work several jobs but when he has a seizure he is let go so he can't work long enough to acquire healthcare,  we tried to get him into a neurologist (out of pocket)  there are only like 6 neurologists in our area,  5 would not see him because he doesn't have insurance, we finally found one that would accept our cash but took 6 months to get him in,  the Dr prescribed a drug to see if it would work for his seizures,  $1200 for a 30 day supply, the Dr has been giving him free samples , we got a call from his girlfriend last month telling us that he was in the hospital from a seizure,  he ran out of the free samples and didn't want to burden us ,  we got him back to the Dr and he has a new medicine that is cheaper ,  it is making his seizures less frequent and milder but he's still having them, the expensive medicine kept them away ,   he needs an MRI but they want $2400 up front before they will give him one , the thing is no one is sure the MRI is even going to show what the cause is so its a coin flip for $2400  , he has applied for social security disability and has the hospital and his Dr working to get it through, , if he is denied once we go broke which we've went through a good portion of our savings he will have no way to cover his expenses and could potentially die , our health care is a national emergency

I don't care what our govt and psychopathic leaders need to do but health care for all has to happen, I'm sick of the excuses, I'm sick of hearing that 45,000 people a year in the USA dies from lack of healthcare , I'm sick of hearing we can't compare our country to all the other countries that its working in , I'm sick of people defending the psychopaths that say it won't work here, it has to work,   just pretend its a war, pretend we are attacking a country in the middle east, we always find money for tax breaks for the wealthy and money for wars, we have to figure it out because our people are dying and our leaders don't give a fuck 

27 ugh, 26 and he would have still been eligible to be on your insurance. (Because of Obamacare)

100% on all of this, there is no reason for us not to be finding a way to make healthcare work in this country. People need stop stop demonizing this as "OMG Socalism!!!!111eleven"

Have some fucking humanity.

Archived