Bengals re-sign C.J. Uzomah

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

I don't mind it either, but damn...the money "ok" guys are getting is nuts.   Good for C.J. though.

The FA market for TEs is almost non existent. Eifert is the highest rated one I think.  Maybe convert a safety to TE, there are about 15 of them available. 

3 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

For essentially the same money I would have rather had Tyler Kroft. The disappointment continues. Can't wait to start reading the Geoff Hobson articles about the Bengals jumping out of the gate and getting their guys and now there's no money left.

why would you rather have Tyler Kroft than Uzomah? 

Uzomah has much more upside, IMO. And more importantly, he never misses games. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

The FA market for TEs is almost non existent. Eifert is the highest rated one I think.  Maybe convert a safety to TE, there are about 15 of them available. 

Don't worry, Fischer is making himself into a TE...I'm sure he'll rocket up to the top of the TE FA list.  :)

33 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

CJ is a great person so I'm happy for him but he isn't really starting material going into a season. I'd have offered him a couple mil per year as a backup TE. Bengals overpaid a useful player here unlike with Hart who is useless. 

Hart isn’t useless. He can spell a guy for a series or two unlike Cedric who was flat out garbage. What Hart isn’t is a $7 mil a year guy. Pretty obvious the front office has already been told thanks but no thanks by the other FAs. Pure panic move. 

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

why would you rather have Tyler Kroft than Uzomah? 

Uzomah has much more upside, IMO. And more importantly, he never misses games. 

Because I think he’s an all around better TE. He’s better in the redzone, has better hands and is a better blocker. He’s also better over the middle. He broke his leg, he’s not a perennial injury concern. I don’t hate Uzomah but, he was the third best option to bring back and is a back up caliber player, not a starter. That’s why.

Wait a minute...it's Legal Tampering time. Only agents and "representatives" of franchises can talk--and they could only do that since midnight today. It's straight: here is X $zillion for your client, game? The bullets were loaded before, and the targets were already made before. 

Not even the dilly-dallying Bengals had the luxury of "waiting for the market to settle" in this weird-assed not-really-free-agency period. No, they already had made their choices--and incredibly, Bobby Hart was the main one. 

29 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Because I think he’s an all around better TE. He’s better in the redzone, has better hands and is a better blocker. He’s also better over the middle. He broke his leg, he’s not a perennial injury concern. I don’t hate Uzomah but, he was the third best option to bring back and is a back up caliber player, not a starter. That’s why.

I have to agree, still though, Uzomah doesn't suck. 

38 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Hart isn’t useless. He can spell a guy for a series or two unlike Cedric who was flat out garbage. What Hart isn’t is a $7 mil a year guy. Pretty obvious the front office has already been told thanks but no thanks by the other FAs. Pure panic move. 

Sure, and if you can't find a better free agent OT, then re-sign Hart in a week for 2 mil per. Not surprising nobody wants to play for Turner unless they are majorly overpaid. Dude is already a liability, hopefully he's gone after the season.

Archived