Bengals re-sign C.J. Uzomah

10 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Because I think he’s an all around better TE. He’s better in the redzone, has better hands and is a better blocker. He’s also better over the middle. He broke his leg, he’s not a perennial injury concern. I don’t hate Uzomah but, he was the third best option to bring back and is a back up caliber player, not a starter. That’s why.

Honestly I think there is very little separating the two ....the only real difference to me being that Uzomah probably has a little more upside.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I just hope this doesn't stop them from drafting an OT if a good one is there at 11 or 42.

My guess is we sign another tackle in FA.  The front office is targeting someone in the draft that is NOT a tackle.  People keep forgetting our linebacker corps was ABYSMAL last year. 

34 minutes ago, SF2 said:

My guess is we sign another tackle in FA.  The front office is targeting someone in the draft that is NOT a tackle.  People keep forgetting our linebacker corps was ABYSMAL last year. 

I think you might be wrong because of one simple thing: the market for the position of offensive tackle is WAY more expensive than LB. And, this is a draft that is thin at LB. 

OT’s come off the board way more frequently on day one than LB’s. And, it makes more financial sense in the long run, too.

6 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I think you might be wrong because of one simple thing: the market for the position of offensive tackle is WAY more expensive than LB. And, this is a draft that is thin at LB. 

OT’s come off the board way more frequently on day one than LB’s. And, it makes more financial sense in the long run, too.

I don't think we are signing anyone great just that we will get another one.  We literally only have 2 tackles on the team and one of them is very iffy.  I certainly think we get an LB in FA as well but my guess is they want White or Bush in the draft.  Instantly better at the LB position unlike OT which can take sometime to develop.  I see us waiting until round 2 for an OT.   I can certainly be wrong. 

I don't think we are signing anyone great just that we will get another one.  I certainly think we get an LB in FA as well but my guess is they want White or Bush in the draft.  Instantly better at the LB position unlike OT which can take sometime to develop.  I see us waiting until round 2 for an OT. 

Either way I’ll be okay...unless it turns out to be an Ogbuehi/Fischer-sized abortion.

I mean, that can happen to a team twice in five years, can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Either way I’ll be okay...unless it turns out to be an Ogbuehi/Fischer-sized abortion.

I mean, that can happen to a team twice in five years, can it?

No way, that would be like not winning a playoff game for 28 years which is impossible in a league with a hard salary cap, restricted free agency and 37,5% of the teams making the playoffs every year.  Mathematically impossible.

No way, that would be like not winning a playoff game for 28 years which is impossible in a league with a hard salary cap, restricted free agency and 37,5% of the teams making the playoffs every year.  Mathematically impossible.

Ugh.

Things have to turn a corner at some point...the averages will catch up.

Bengals re-sign TE C.J. Uzomah (3 years, $18 million): FARMER FAIL, GRIGSON GAFFE, CERRATO SUCKAGE, BAALKE BLOOPER, CHIP TRAGEDY, KING CALAMITY Grade 
The bad opinion sports media got Marvin Lewis fired this offseason, and we're beginning to see the ramifications of that horrible move. This contract is one of the first of many signs that the Bengals will be transitioning to the miserable Bengals of the 90s and early 2000s. 

What in the world did the Bengals see from C.J. Uzomah last year to make them think that he's worth $6 million per season? Uzomah is worth closer to $600,000 per year than $6 million, and we have evidence of that. Uzomah was given the chance to start when Tyler Eifert and Tyler Kroft suffered injuries last year, and he didn't produce very much, eclipsing the 50-yard barrier just once. Additionally, Uzomah isn't even a good blocker, so what is it that he does well? 

There really isn't much else to say about this awful signing. This is a clear "F" grade

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5hz7X86go

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#6Frm3X2eDpqT4jPP.99

With this signing I don't want to spend more money on a first round tight end . Late rounds I am fine with. I like the lsu linebacker Devin White here, if we are releasing Burfict or trade down get more picks later. I don't want another John Ross receiver either. rambling..... feels like the 90s again 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Did Lap make his guess and I missed it?

:D

The guy you want to listen to is that other Jerry Jones from The Drugstore List, but I think he's retired.

I'm saying we won't draft OT before the 3rd round.   I have sigs off so.. Avatar bet? Nothing NSFW.

27 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Bengals re-sign TE C.J. Uzomah (3 years, $18 million): FARMER FAIL, GRIGSON GAFFE, CERRATO SUCKAGE, BAALKE BLOOPER, CHIP TRAGEDY, KING CALAMITY Grade 
The bad opinion sports media got Marvin Lewis fired this offseason, and we're beginning to see the ramifications of that horrible move. This contract is one of the first of many signs that the Bengals will be transitioning to the miserable Bengals of the 90s and early 2000s. 

What in the world did the Bengals see from C.J. Uzomah last year to make them think that he's worth $6 million per season? Uzomah is worth closer to $600,000 per year than $6 million, and we have evidence of that. Uzomah was given the chance to start when Tyler Eifert and Tyler Kroft suffered injuries last year, and he didn't produce very much, eclipsing the 50-yard barrier just once. Additionally, Uzomah isn't even a good blocker, so what is it that he does well? 

There really isn't much else to say about this awful signing. This is a clear "F" grade

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5hz7X86go

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#6Frm3X2eDpqT4jPP.99

I don't think the guys at Walter Football are digging our FA moves so far.

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/bengalsb_logo.gif

bengalsb_logo.gif Bengals re-sign OT Bobby Hart (3 years, $21 million): FARMER FAIL, GRIGSON GAFFE, CERRATO SUCKAGE, BAALKE BLOOPER, CHIP TRAGEDY, KING CALAMITY Grade 
I may have to re-name this "F"/new Millen grade to just BUNGLES Grade. I thought Cincinnati re-signing C.J. Uzomah was awful, yet this deal is even worse! 

Bobby Hart was one of the worst offensive linemen in the NFL last year. I graded him as a 1.5-star free agent, meaning that he's an average backup. Why on Earth would Cincinnati pay an average backup lineman $7 million per season? It makes no sense. It would be like paying $50,000 for a pack of gum. Yes, you sometimes need a pack of gum, just like teams sometimes need a backup tackle, but there's no reason to spend an obscene amount of money on either item! 

This is just sad. The Bengals look completely lost without Marvin Lewis, and it's only been two months since they've fired him. I'd say the bad opinion sports media should take some accountability for being responsible for the Lewis firing, but that's never going to happen because they'll just move on to other dumb talking points and forget that they did anything wrong here. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5hzEZRkXy

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5hz7X86go#r6zPUkpzPBzYQzvq.99

I guess I knew they'd be overpaying for marginal talent just to fill up all the holes in the depth chart, but why were they in such a hurry? Hart would've still been on the street in July and if not they could've found another one just like him for less money.  Uzomah might have had other offers but it's not like you need to get in a bidding war for him either.

This feels more like desperation hoping for a quick fix.  Not good but maybe burning it to the ground is the only way forward? 

"The Bengals look completely lost without Marvin Lewis, and it's only been two months since they've fired him. I'd say the bad opinion sports media should take some accountability for being responsible for the Lewis firing, but that's never going to happen because they'll just move on to other dumb talking points and forget that they did anything wrong here." 

Oh..but I thought Boy Wonder was sweeping in with his experienced "vision"? 

(Moving closer and closer to the "he can't do anything because of Mike Brown" default setting) 

17 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

"The Bengals look completely lost without Marvin Lewis, and it's only been two months since they've fired him. I'd say the bad opinion sports media should take some accountability for being responsible for the Lewis firing, but that's never going to happen because they'll just move on to other dumb talking points and forget that they did anything wrong here." 

Oh..but I thought Boy Wonder was sweeping in with his experienced "vision"? 

(Moving closer and closer to the "he can't do anything because of Mike Brown" default setting) 

Honest question, do you really think Taylor is making any of these decisions?  Tobin, Blackburns and Mike typically make the call on personnel.  I don't think Marvin had much say for years until the TO/Ocho shit show blew up.  I doubt they are giving him much say but I could be 100% wrong. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

:D

The guy you want to listen to is that other Jerry Jones from The Drugstore List, but I think he's retired.

I'm saying we won't draft OT before the 3rd round.   I have sigs off so.. Avatar bet? Nothing NSFW.

Not without knowing who is going to be there at 11.  The good tackles may be gone, or there may be someone there too good to pass up on.  They could take any number of players.  I just don't think you can rule tackle out.  Especially before giving Hart that kind of money.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Not without knowing who is going to be there at 11.  The good tackles may be gone, or there may be someone there too good to pass up on.  They could take any number of players.  I just don't think you can rule tackle out.  Especially before giving Hart that kind of money.

Have to overpay when you don't have a single healthy player at the position, same goes for Uzo.   The agents know they have the team by the short hairs.

The length of the contract is what scares me.  This OL is in no shape to be fiddle-farting around with some dipshit coach's pet project.  I've seen enough of that slapstick. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Honest question, do you really think Taylor is making any of these decisions?  Tobin, Blackburns and Mike typically make the call on personnel.  I don't think Marvin had much say for years until the TO/Ocho shit show blew up.  I doubt they are giving him much say but I could be 100% wrong. 

I'd hope the head coach has considerable say on personnel. Taylor should have stood up and said "hell no" to the deal we gave Hart. 

Archived