Bengals re-sign C.J. Uzomah

10 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

You think Taylor hasn't watched any of last year's Bengal games?  It's not a subtlety that Hart sucks. It's glaring.

Yes but it still doesn’t mean he makes any personnel decisions. Plenty of coaches don’t have that power. 

Right, I'm not saying Taylor has or should have the authority to decide who the team will offer and how much. But he certainly should have a veto over any offers. And this is one he should have vetoed for multiple reasons, regardless of whether or not he was comfortable with plans B, C, and D at the RT position.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Right, I'm not saying Taylor has or should have the authority to decide who the team will offer and how much. But he certainly should have a veto over any offers. And this is one he should have vetoed for multiple reasons, regardless of whether or not he was comfortable with plans B, C, and D at the RT position.

He is a very young virgin HC. The Brown clan probably walked all over him. 

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

It took Marvin 10 years to even get some control of the gameday roster & he had a SB MVP defense to his credit.   I think the Phenomenal Bobby Hart is a pretty good reason to question who is pulling the strings. 

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

They probably did. Which bodes poorly for his career and this season. Bengals got Hart cheap last year and he played like a bad team's castoff. In what universe does that equate to a big raise before exploring their options? 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

And the team said “We did, look in the mirror”

He means guys who aren't on the roster, this bargain basement shopping supplemented with draft picks isn't working for this franchise. 

Seeing the Browns literally go from nothing to a Super Bowl contender while the Bengals stay married to a failed strategy is so disappointing. 

12 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

He means guys who aren't on the roster, this bargain basement shopping supplemented with draft picks isn't working for this franchise. 

Seeing the Browns literally go from nothing to a Super Bowl contender while the Bengals stay married to a failed strategy is so disappointing. 

LOL, I didn’t think I needed a ninja for that comment!

Just now, Jupiter Fan said:

Browns situation is different...they are way ahead of us and the NFCN unfortunately.

I'll concede that. But prior to them firing Hue didn't anyone believe they could make such a dramatic turn around? Then why not the Bengals. I'm personally not that optimistic, but who really knows?

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Let's pump the brakes there, hoss.  When the Browns go over .500 maybe we can talk about their playoff credentials. 

They'll get there. The NFL has to have at least one annual rags-to-some-riches franchise with manufactured star power to spend a percentage of their favoritism on. And the Stealers are becoming yesterday's news, so these guys are naturals. 

Coming to pre-programmed stadium action near you. Brought to you by Budweiser. Or somebody. 

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'll concede that. But prior to them firing Hue didn't anyone believe they could make such a dramatic turn around? Then why not the Bengals. I'm personally not that optimistic, but who really knows?

Firing the coach is a lot easier than firing the owner. Bengals could use a good housecleaning with the Brown family stepping aside to simply collect checks but not having day to day decision making authority. They don't want to do that so the same old shit continues for years.

13 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Because the Bengals don't make any aggressive moves in FA, purposely not trying to add the best FA's available for whatever reason is a failed strategy.

Any organization that doesn't use it's resources to acquire the best talent will never be the best. 

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Let's pump the brakes there, hoss.  When the Browns go over .500 maybe we can talk about their playoff credentials. 

If you had to bet your entire estate on one team from the AFC North to make the Super Bowl based on all the available data right now who would you pick?

I would look at the way the Browns finished the season and the current players on their roster and pick the Browns. They have the best WR duo, RB core, and DL in the division. Their oline is above average, Mayfield showed marked improvement during the end of the season, and defense has big playmakers. 

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

If you had to bet your entire estate on one team from the AFC North to make the Super Bowl based on all the available data right now who would you pick?

If I had to pick the Browns or half an old egg salad sandwich to go to the SB I would also pick the Browns, but that doesn't make them serious SB contenders either.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If I had to pick the Browns or half an old egg salad sandwich to go to the SB I would also pick the Browns, but that doesn't make them serious SB contenders either.

I would certainly pick them to win the division seeing how the other 3 teams have spent the offseason, which made me vomit in my mouth a little.

Archived