Bengals re-sign Bobby Hart 3 yrs $21 million

13 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Did he at all improve as the season went along? I heard Lap talking about how he filled in admirably at C. Is there something to hang out hat on here? 

no

BTW, of all the FA moves so far, only one was graded a D- by ESPN.    

Meh, the tools are there for Hart to be a good RT.....nice size, nice athleticism, plays with fire, doesn't miss games...why it hasn't come together for him yet I have no idea, but at least there's something there to work with.

if they can just get him to cut back on the penalties, that alone would help his game tremendously.

let's hope the new staff can turn the light bulb on for him....anything is possible. 

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Here, let my put this thru the coach speak translator:  "I thought we had the money and desire to pay for an upgrade in FA.  After talking to Troy Blackburn, I was told to choose between Hart, Fisher and Cedric.  Then I was told it would be a real big contract so we spend close enough to the cap to not get in trouble.  Also, we will be picking up a few more olinemen with our comp picks so pleny of fresh projects to work with" 

This is the worst move in Bengals free agency history. I am absolutely fucking floored by what a colossally terrible move this is. It reminds me of when they tagged Stacy Andrews in 2008...but worse. This guy is dog shit. My very slight hopes of free agency upgrades have already been crushed. Fuck this fucking team.

18 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

If a signing like this doesn't make you question the Zac Taylor hire you are not paying attention. The same people made this decision. 

when have people NOT questioned the Bengals FO? Lol

we all already know that they're bad, I just figured that we all subscribed to the blind squirrel theory......I mean, what else is there?

it is what it is. 

43 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Meh, the tools are there for Hart to be a good RT.....nice size, nice athleticism, plays with fire, doesn't miss games...why it hasn't come together for him yet I have no idea, but at least there's something there to work with.

if they can just get him to cut back on the penalties, that alone would help his game tremendously.

let's hope the new staff can turn the light bulb on for him....anything is possible. 

If a bonfide NFL line coach like Frank Pollock can only squeeze so much out of him, what makes you think Bully Boy can get any more?  

20 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

If a bonfide NFL line coach like Frank Pollock can only squeeze so much out of him, what makes you think Bully Boy can get any more?  

Hart is still young as hell, he won't even be 25 until they're well into training camp....I guess it's not so much the coaching that I'm thinking about as much as it is Hart simply maturing as a player.

It's all play money, they're all overpaid. It's hilarious to watch people lose their shit and pretend they know anything about OL play. Everybody's an expert on social media. I don't see what the big deal is. Apparently, their plan is to retry drafting a franchise OT instead of getting a really expensive vet.

22 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

I wonder if Hart deleted all social media today.

I guess 21 million dollars would keep me from being bothered by people talking shit though.

I got nothing  but respect for Hart. 7th rounder stepped up and played the entire year because our 1st and 2nd rounders sucked shit. He worked hard and is good enough to be a backup in the NFL while most of his fellow 7th rounders are working at the Sun Glass Hut. 

That said paying him $21mil for 3 years is on a Front Office that fucked up trying to salvage a shit draft by keeping Ced and Fisher an extra year. Hart didn’t make that offer to himself. 

Archived