Bengals re-sign Bobby Hart 3 yrs $21 million

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Dude works for a station called "The Homer" 

I stopped listening to that channel entirely years ago to make sure that I never had to listen to him again. Unless a game is on in the car.

$5.5 million guaranteed isn't shit. Hell, it really isn't even staters money.

WTF are all of you women flipping the fuck out for? it doesn't mean a fucking thing going forward other than we have some depth at RT.

You all need some serious bong hits...jeesh.

18 minutes ago, spicoli said:

WTF are all of you women flipping the fuck out for? it doesn't mean a fucking thing going forward other than we have some depth at RT.

Is that you coach Turner?  I feel uncomfortable. 

22 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I've been reading this thread and pondering a response for 24 hours now.....couldn't do much better than this.

👍

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

When does this team cut ties with a player once the guaranteed upfront contract has done what it needed? Next to never. It's a typical Bengals contract but it doesn't mean Hart is a one year player at $5.5 million. He will be back next year and the following year. And in case you missed the season, he sucks badly. Remember when Margus Hunt beat him for two sacks in the season opener last year? I do.

9 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

When does this team cut ties with a player once the guaranteed upfront contract has done what it needed? Next to never. It's a typical Bengals contract but it doesn't mean Hart is a one year player at $5.5 million. He will be back next year and the following year. And in case you missed the season, he sucks badly. Remember when Margus Hunt beat him for two sacks in the season opener last year? I do.

Margus had a good season.

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

And in case you missed the season, he sucks badly. Remember when Margus Hunt beat him for two sacks in the season opener last year? I do.

lol I've never said that he didn't suck last season...all I said was that he was still really young and could possibly still mature into a solid player....the proverbial "late bloomer."

what else we got?

The thing that bothers me the most about this is I have become resigned to the fact we probably won't be drafting OL before the third round. I guess if we can get White at 11 it will kind of be worth it, just hope he come to camp in shape as after the 3rd or 4th 3 and out by the offense he's gonna be sucking wind bad. On a side note, what do you think Andy thought when he saw the news?

\

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

They signed a shitty guy, but we signed a shitty guy for A LOT LESS 

So according to the Bengals FO, Hart only sucks a little more than Brown?   That is like saying Busch Light sucks only a little more than Natural Lite. 

23 minutes ago, SF2 said:

So according to the Bengals FO, Hart only sucks a little more than Brown?   That is like saying Busch Light sucks only a little more than Natural Lite. 

One of those situations where their better move was to not say anything at all. 

As long as they show there's a plan to replace the guy, draft or FA, I guess we can live with Hart for another year.  Already said this wasn't getting fixed in one season but holy shit was our OL bad.  Don't try to sell us on the guy like "this new turd turban we got pinched off for ya sure smells bad and okay it's covered in flies... but it does keep your ears warm!"

15 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Hart was the only player in the NFL last year to allow both double digit sacks and commit double digit penalties. Trent Brown is miles better than Hart as the market showd. Hart was the 75th rated tackle in a league with 64 starters.

Yeah but he wasn’t 80th!! 

12 hours ago, Hooky said:

Nobody knows how it's going to turn out or what the full plan is. Not even internet football geniuses. It's a little early to write off the entire season on one questionable signing like half of the fanbase has.

Internet Football Genuises!😂

12 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Front loaded so the team does not have to go out and sign any other significant free agents. Just fucking dumb and lazy. Probably could have been signed for $3M, an absolute clusterfuck when it comes to cap management. 

😂😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Well, that's the point. It doesn't take a genius to see that Hart sucked and there are other, better players available. Maybe even cheaper too. 

Did he suck or was it the fact that they had no right guard and not a single Blocking TE?  Sorry I forgot everyone of you is Way smarter than all of the guys that get paid to coach.  It must be your incredible hindsight ability!  😂😂

Archived