Bengals re-sign Bobby Hart 3 yrs $21 million

7 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Did he suck or was it the fact that they had no right guard and not a single Blocking TE?  Sorry I forgot everyone of you is Way smarter than all of the guys that get paid to coach.  It must be your incredible hindsight ability!  😂😂

Yeah those New York Giants coaches who threw him to the curb were just as dumb as we are. Hart is a marginal backup at best. 

The Browns are signing three huge upgrades, the Bengals resign guys who were marginal backups to most likely start. 

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah those New York Giants coaches who threw him to the curb were just as dumb as we are. Hart is a marginal backup at best. 

The Browns are signing three huge upgrades, the Bengals resign guys who were marginal backups to most likely start. 

Gonna be really GD sad to watch this bumblefuck front office let the Cleveland fucking Browns slam the window closed on this roster. Such a waste of talent. Sure seems like the two organizations have very different goals.

10 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not that the good ship USS Boy Wonder will leave port without sinking...but the Cleveland Titanics have a notable history of winning the Annual Free Agency Money-Toss. They have their own thrown-together mess of a coaching staff to work through.

The fact that they're likely to fail is no excuse for our not trying.  

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The fact that they're likely to fail is no excuse for our not trying.  

Why would you think that, after all of these years, they were just going to miraculously start trying?

You've been watching this team up close for how many years now?

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Not that the good ship USS Boy Wonder will leave port without sinking...but the Cleveland Titanics have a notable history of winning the Annual Free Agency Money-Toss. They have their own thrown-together mess of a coaching staff to work through.

But now they have a QB. 

14 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Bearded hobo Baker will need to show his alleged brilliance over the course of a full season. Even Derek Anderson flashed for part of one. 

I saw him play enough in college to include the live ass whipping of OSU to know he is good. He was the one guy I didn’t want the Browns to take. Exceptionally accurate passer, 70% plus his last two years and with OBJ on board, those 10 yard passes turn into 30 yard gains. Anderson average 50% in college. 

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

But now they have a QB. 

It's good for Browns fans that their team is showing at least the will to try and win through all avenues, but it is still the Browns and it is a very green and unproven coaching staff.  The QB is a diva, a me-first type who after his coach was fired seemed to get coddled and allowed to be as immature as he felt like.  They're apparently signing one of the most diva (albeit historically excellent) defensive players in Thomas, and traded for one of the most diva (albeit also historically excellent) WR's in the league who doesn't seem too enthusiastic about joining.  They signed a PR headache in Hunt, although I believe, as do others on this site, that the league is prepping the Browns to be another "sweetheart" team that can do no wrong.  I expect some patty-cakes coverage of Hunt and how he's "bettering himself" to arrive in due course.

The question is of course whether the coaching staff can unite this oddball group to be a winner.  The Rams did it (remember that they had two of the most diva, potential head-case corners starting last year as well as a historical head case on the DL), but they were lucky that McVay is such a well prepared and focused dude who united his staff to work so cohesively.  I frankly see no indication of that from the Kitchens group, but they certainly have the potential to prove me wrong.

My prediction?  If they're winning early it'll keep going for a while, until the NFL's knob slobbering starts to cultivate the diva in their (vast) collection of top-shelf divas.  At that point there will be some internal strife and things will tail off or crash and burn altogether.  On the other hand, if they're losing early the diva attitudes and crash and burn will happen even sooner.

Let's wait and see.

23 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I saw him play enough in college to include the live ass whipping of OSU to know he is good. He was the one guy I didn’t want the Browns to take. Exceptionally accurate passer, 70% plus his last two years and with OBJ on board, those 10 yard passes turn into 30 yard gains. Anderson average 50% in college. 

Never said he wasn't good. He's still a Manziel-like selfish prick, who would slit his mother's throat to get ahead and in the spotlight. Have seen enough of his persona in the past year, to fully expect him to be a continued prick if he is not worshiped in LeBron-like fashion up there. Even then, he will probably still be a prick.   

43 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I haven't gone through the whole thread but what is the guaranteed money on this? Wondering if we draft a RT if we could give Hart the Illoka treatment?

It's a one year deal for 5.4 with options for the following 2 at about 5 per and a 2 mil cap hit if they cut bait next year.   It's insurance, not a direction.  If he's not needed at RT because this year's draft pick is good, then they have depth and can try him at RG.  If he's good enough, they have a cost controlled RG for two more years and can replace Boling and Glenn next year with a pick and a signing.  If not, he is cut and no big deal. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Never said he wasn't good. He's still a Manziel-like selfish prick, who would slit his mother's throat to get ahead and in the spotlight. Have seen enough of his persona in the past year, to fully expect him to be a continued prick if he is not worshiped in LeBron-like fashion up there. Even then, he will probably still be a prick.   

Manzeil was handed everything on a silver platter and was bailed out so many times by Mike Evans at A&M its mind numbing.   They lost to every ranked team his senior year but Duke.  I can't remember seeing so many lobbed 50/50 balls being grabbed out of the air by Evans.  It is no accident that Evans was the #7 pick and has had 5 straight 1000yd plus seasons to include 1524 last year at Tampa.  Mayfield does need to grow up if he wants to survive in this league.  Hopefully, he fails. 

15 minutes ago, F.Cleveland said:

It's a one year deal for 5.4 with options for the following 2 at about 5 per and a 2 mil cap hit if they cut bait next year.   It's insurance, not a direction.  If he's not needed at RT because this year's draft pick is good, then they have depth and can try him at RG.  If he's good enough, they have a cost controlled RG for two more years and can replace Boling and Glenn next year with a pick and a signing.  If not, he is cut and no big deal. 

I totally agree.  The fact is if the Bengals were to sign a good RT or LT today and then have waited to announce the Hart signing for a few days nobody would care.  In fact, they would read what you just wrote and say, "Yeah, makes sense to have depth."   The reality is we are watching teams make big moves to get better and deep in our hearts, we know the Bengals will do very little in FA to make the team much better.  This team has always lived and died by the draft.  Hart and Glenn shouldn't even be on the team since those positions were supposed to be held by Fisher and Ogbuehi. 

I swear if Bobby could get his timing worked out he'd probably be a helluva football player.....I went back last night and watched some games that I had recorded and focused solely on him...and to me, he's either a hair early or a hair late on the snap on almost every play....it either leads to a penalty or it allows the defender to slip right around him.....when everything was timed up like it should be, he stonewalled guys.......all the tools are there for him to be successful IMO, someone just needs to get this timing issue down and figure out what's causing it.....simplify the line calls maybe? go to hand signals? I have no idea. 

58 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

D1kKdz9WwAItSee.jpg:large

Total fucking disconnect.   The Fans don't give half a shit about redeeming Bobby Hart.  Nobody cares about his passion, intelligence, or athleticism.  We just want a RT that can block, period, end of list.  This guy was rated worse than a bunch of team's 2nd stringers.  Why not, instead of trying to make him kind of not suck, we give that money to someone who already doesn't suck?  Like, I'm pretty sure we're allowed to do that if we want.. but that's not how Father Brown does things. 

Once again this is a charitable trust that also sometimes holds football games. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I swear if Bobby could get his timing worked out he'd probably be a helluva football player.....I went back last night and watched some games that I had recorded and focused solely on him...and to me, he's either a hair early or a hair late on the snap on almost every play....it either leads to a penalty or it allows the defender to slip right around him.....when everything was timed up like it should be, he stonewalled guys.......all the tools are there for him to be successful IMO, someone just needs to get this timing issue down and figure out what's causing it.....simplify the line calls maybe? go to hand signals? I have no idea. 

And 3 years from now you will likely be asking the same questions

Archived