Bengals re-sign Bobby Hart 3 yrs $21 million

8 hours ago, fluhartz said:

yep.. by then he can sign another contract.. i mean he is almost there and some more work with him will get him over the edge.

and that's why we're all Bengals fans; a burning desire to see Bobby Hart grow as a player and person.

profootballfocus, only signing ranked as poor

POOR

Bengals re-sign OT Bobby Hart to a three-year, $21M deal, $5.5M guaranteed

Hart is clearly a high-effort player that the Bengals staff is high on but there were 85 tackles who took at least 232 snaps for their team last year and Hart ranked 73rd out of all of them. He struggled in pass protection, allowing 39 pressures on his 651 snaps in pass protection that included 10 sacks. His run-blocking wasn’t much better either as that hasn’t ever really been a strong suit for him. The Bengals will shell out a lot of cash to him at the right tackle spot when there were certainly other options available, including at the time of signing, Ty Nsekhe who signed in Buffalo for similar money.  @PFF_Cam

Seeing what others are paying tackles and then seeing what the contract details for Hart actually are,  I 

believe this signing is smart and quite shrewd.   If we are being real to ourselves the reason most are

miffed at the Bengals situation in respect to Free Agency is because we haven't signed anybody from another 

team.  That is just my take.  For the record If I'm running the Bengals I sure as hell am not paying any LB 

what these fools are paying these guys.  14-16 Million a year on a Linebacker?  Please that is goofy.  I know 

we need LB's but I'd rather draft them.  They aren't game changers. 

Edited by SF2: Dont put political bullshit on the football board. 

1 hour ago, One Nation said:

Seeing what others are paying tackles and then seeing what the contract details for Hart actually are,  I 

believe this signing is smart and quite shrewd.   If we are being real to ourselves the reason most are

miffed at the Bengals situation in respect to Free Agency is because we haven't signed anybody from another 

team.  That is just my take.  For the record If I'm running the Bengals I sure as hell am not paying any LB 

what these fools are paying these guys.  14-16 Million a year on a Linebacker?  Please that is goofy.  I know 

we need LB's but I'd rather draft them.  They aren't game changers. 

Then you are not really paying attention. Hart's contract could pay him more than Ty Nshekhe and Daryl Williams. He is nowhere near as good as either. Hart isn't good and re-signing him to this contract puts us in a situation where he basically is the starter at RT. He (and Preston Brown) were on earn it contracts, earned nothing, and got long term raises. They are the worst 2 contracts I have seen this offseason. No one is saying pay Juwuan James or Mosley money, but trying to solve the problem with a clearly broken piece and paying him way above market value was nonsensical. 

Edited by SF2 to remove political content

17 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Then you are not really paying attention. Hart's contract could pay him more than Ty Nshekhe and Daryl Williams. He is nowhere near as good as either.

Keyword: COULD

If he does get paid that money, that means he was worth it.

Anyway. I have to work today. :(

Someone hold down the fort until I come home

#WhoDey #SameDey #SomeDey

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

Keyword: COULD

If he does get paid that money, that means he was worth it.

Anyway. I have to work today. :(

Someone hold down the fort until I come home

#WhoDey #SameDey #SomeDey

That's not the keyword. People are acting as if these are hard things to meet and that he is likely to be cut. If he plays, even poorly, he gets paid. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Thats the craziest thing to me, I don't get why that's such an issue for him....it's really the only thing holding him back, IMO.

well. that and letting his guy sack our the QB. So two things

oh..and letting his guy pressure the QB when he isn't sacking him. So three things..

Get those three things cleared up and he will be fine.

20 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

oh..and letting his guy pressure the QB when he isn't sacking him. So three things..

If he could just learn to play football he would be a great football player.  You can't put a price on that kind of potential. 

36 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Yeah but all of those things are tied to his inability to time the snap correctly, IMO.

He's either a hair late or a hair early on almost every snap....it's crazy.

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Yeah but all of those things are tied to his inability to time the snap correctly, IMO.

He's either a hair late or a hair early on almost every snap....it's crazy.

He is a hair early because he has no confidence in his ability to get to the pass rusher in time.  That is because he isn't good.  The only reason he would ever be late is he doesn't remember the snap count after the play in changed at the line.   That or he simply isn't good.   He was a 7th round pick for a reason, he isn't very good. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

He is a hair early because he has no confidence in his ability to get to the pass rusher in time.  That is because he isn't good.  The only reason he would ever be late is he doesn't remember the snap count after the play in changed at the line.   That or he simply isn't good. 

Good thing they're not paying him like he's good then, huh?

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Good thing they're not paying him like he's good then, huh?

They shouldn't be paying him at all.   Better options for a little more money.  Good teams don't sign bad players. He has been in the league for 4 years and isn't good.  Better to draft a young guy later and see if they can develop him.  

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Who says they won't?

Because they already signed Hart.  I have to assume they are going O line high now because he is NOT the solution at Right tackle over 16 games. 

Archived