Paul Daugherty: 'New Dey,' just a 'deydream.' Still the same old Cincinnati Bengals

I am Jeff Hawk!!!!!!!! 

except I did it years ago.. they couldn't give two shits about their fanbase.

The only reason we actually got a new coach is because MFB thought there might not be 5000 people at the games if he kept ole marv.

I am rooting hard for Zac and hoep this year is great, but I feel like the kids hands will be tied..

who-dey??

3 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I am Jeff Hawk!!!!!!!! 

except I did it years ago.. they couldn't give two shits about their fanbase.

The only reason we actually got a new coach is because MFB thought there might not be 5000 people at the games if he kept ole marv.

I am rooting hard for Zac and hoep this year is great, but I feel like the kids hands will be tied..

who-dey??

No. We got a new coach because Marvin finally left.

The last time I checked, free agency hasn't actually even started.  I will give it a week before I start chiming "Same old Bengals".  We signed Hart because we HAD to have a body at that position ASAP.  You can't go into the draft having NOTHING at that position.  Yeah, Hart got paid too much, that is what the first 3 days of FA is all about. You can blame the Rams for all of this.  They over spent at key positions 2 years ago trying to make a run,..and it worked. 

I will make this prediction, Hart will not be our starting Right Tackle for more than 4 games.  We can still pick up a guy like Joe Barksdale, Jermon Bushrod, Jared Veldheer or Kendal Lamm.  Probably get Bushrod on a 1 year deal fairly cheap.  Ok players.  The reason Hart was signed was simple:  The Bengals desperately want somebody in this draft that is not a tackle.  They can't arrive at the draft with NOBODY at the position. 

My response to the article was: “give them a fucking minute, Jesus.”

Did they appear to overspend for an eventual backup lineman? Yep. But, if Hart can spot start, move around the line and play a couple positions, it won’t be the worst value. Plus, people who know more than me feel there’s potential there that we haven’t perhaps seen consistently. I’m suppose I have to be willing to see if they can prove all of us wrong.

Uzomah was paid a bit more than I’d like, but, he’s durable and was productive last year. It was a good move.

Lock up ‘Queze, unless he gets big, outside corner money elsewhere, even then, consider spending more than intended, give him the opportunity to push WJIII and DreK for one of those spots. Enough pigeon-holing guys.

Consider bringing a mid-upper level FA LB in, bring back Preston Brown on a team friendly deal. Draft an OT in round one. Things will still be challenging, but that will be a good start.

10 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The Legal Tampering Time ends tonight at midnight! Then, some real moves will be made by golly. 

I do find it interesting that Cleveland was silent during the Legal Tampering Time.    

Didn't you hear? They are set after the other division teams imploded in the off-season, so they're going to win it all.

Not sure if they'll know what to do without a top 5 draft pick for the first time in over a decade.

31 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Didn't you hear? They are set after the other division teams imploded in the off-season, so they're going to win it all.

Not sure if they'll know what to do without a top 5 draft pick for the first time in over a decade.

lol...

I think I want the browns to suck again this year as much as I want the Bengals to be great...

Their fans here in central Ohio are unbearable. I knew they would be like that if they ever got even slightly relevant again.

17 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

lol...

I think I want the browns to suck again this year as much as I want the Bengals to be great...

Their fans here in central Ohio are unbearable. I knew they would be like that if they ever got even slightly relevant again.

They were even annoying when the browns sucked, if they still don't. 

In 93, I was working at The Swifty on Reading Road in transition, just moved back to town.  The browns were playing here and this typical turd fan direct from Turdland got out of his turd van and says "How can you live in a town with such a horrible football team?". It was a serious question, not a razzing. If I only could've kept contact with him to laugh in his fat fucking face a couple of years later when his team left then sucked ever since.

2 minutes ago, Hooky said:

They were even annoying when the browns sucked, if they still don't. 

In 93, I was working at The Swifty on Reading Road in transition, just moved back to town.  The browns were playing here and this typical turd fan direct from Turdland got out of his turd van and says "How can you live in a town with such a horrible football team?". It was a serious question, not a razzing. If I only could've kept contact with him to laugh in his fat fucking face a couple of years later when his team left then sucked ever since.

I have so many stories like that...

Fucking idiots calling the Bengals the Bungels when they are going 0 for.

they are worse than stealers fans...at least the stealers have won something (but fuck the stealers too)

I think Le Tigre might have posted a picture of your guy.. lol 

6 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

they are worse than stealers fans...at least the stealers have won something (but fuck the stealers too)

It probably is him.  It's true that they talk shit no matter how bad they are. And as I say repeatedly, no matter how bad they are, they get more respect than the bengals.

2 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

My favorite story is I went to see the Browns v Bengals the first year Andy was our QB.  It was right after Thanksgiving.  We are down by 10 in the 3rd quarter and some douche Browns fan in front of us starts running his mouth about Colt fucking McCoy vs Dalton.  My buddy said something to the effect that, "Dude, you guys suck.  You are 4-6." Guy starts mouthing off about all the championships.   Some old guy we didn't even know just starts riding him.  "That team is in Baltimore.  They moved don't you remember?  They were in the playoffs last year, you weren't."  

Bengals ended up scoring 13 unanswered points and won.  It was glorious. 

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

lol...

I live with one of those. 

That didn't take long. Just remember that P-dork hates the bengals before you read anything from this hack. But he is spewing the same shit that a lot of fans are. Two mobths in and it's already over? 

When you bring back the crap that was here it is the same shit show with a new coach but the same lame owners too cheap to get better players.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

One can only imagine what is going thru AJ Green’s head as he watches guys like Brown and OBJ leave for huge paychecks while this team does almost nothing. 

Except he still MIGHT have a shot at relevance, as opposed to going to a lame-duck city group of vagabonds...or Cleveland.

Worth a few dollars less maybe? 

The last time I checked, free agency hasn't actually even started.  I will give it a week before I start chiming "Same old Bengals".  We signed Hart because we HAD to have a body at that position ASAP.  You can't go into the draft having NOTHING at that position.  Yeah, Hart got paid too much, that is what the first 3 days of FA is all about. You can blame the Rams for all of this.  They over spent at key positions 2 years ago trying to make a run,..and it worked. 

I will make this prediction, Hart will not be our starting Right Tackle for more than 4 games.  We can still pick up a guy like Joe Barksdale, Jermon Bushrod, Jared Veldheer or Kendal Lamm.  Probably get Bushrod on a 1 year deal fairly cheap.  Ok players.  The reason Hart was signed was simple:  The Bengals desperately want somebody in this draft that is not a tackle.  They can't arrive at the draft with NOBODY at the position. 

Oh you mean when all the top players are gone and we sign the bottom feeders because they are cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Archived