Letter: Bengals season ticket holder decides he can't do it any longer

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The fact that you continue to question a club that hasn't won a playoff game in soon to be 28 years  (Jan 6, 1991) is troubling. 

I mean the Carolina Panthers (Established 1995) have won 9 playoff games and 2 NFC Championships and they didn't even exist the last time the Bengals won a playoff game. 

The Jags (Est 1995) have won 7 and played in 3 AFC Championship games since 1995.

The Texans (Est 2002) have won 3 playoff games. 

You need to get your priorities straight and quit questioning the tactical genius of the Bengals front office. 

Oh, since you put it that way, the playoff win drought is really bad. I never realized how bad it was before that perspective. 28 years just doesn't cover it.

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well, don't put me in that group, most know who the target of my ire has always been aimed at.  The issue with this club has always been Mike Brown and now Mike Brown and Family.  I certainly thought it was time for Mavin to go just for the optics but didn't expect the next guy to have more success.  The straw for me was always Brown bitch slapping Marvin and putting Henry back on the team.  That had to be a tough pill for Marvin to swallow. 

He should've fired Marvin right then because any credibility he had with the team was dead at that moment.  Pacman in particular took full advantage of this later, sucking up to the big boss knowing he was untouchable so long as he gave Redeemer the warm fuzzies.

Just now, Hooky said:

Oh, since you put it that way, the playoff win drought is really bad. I never realized how bad it was before that perspective. 28 years just doesn't cover it.

From a purely math standpoint, it is almost impossible to go 28 years without at least 1 victory.  Every year 37.5% make the playoffs and 18.75% of NFL teams win a playoff game. To go 0-fer over 27 seasons is a less than .00001% proposition mathematically.  Keep in mind, everyone has the same rules when it comes to salary cap, draft, free agency etc.  The only variables which skew the math are ownership, coaching and player selection.

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He'd be in the next room ironing Mike's slacks and posting about how the rest of us are just jealous. 

Actually, I’d be fucking your wife (double bagged of course), and Mike would be fucking you.  And you’d like it!😂

1 minute ago, kennethmw said:

Actually, I’d be fucking your wife (double bagged of course), and Mike would be fucking you.  And you’d like it!😂

:rolleyes:

He's been fucking this whole fanbase for decades, don't act like you're exempt.  Only difference between us is you're still waving the pompoms for some reason.  ;)

20 minutes ago, SF2 said:

From a purely math standpoint, it is almost impossible to go 28 years without at least 1 victory.  Every year 37.5% make the playoffs and 18.75% of NFL teams win a playoff game. To go 0-fer over 27 seasons is a less than .00001% proposition mathematically.  Keep in mind, everyone has the same rules when it comes to salary cap, draft, free agency etc.  The only variables which skew the math are ownership, coaching and player selection.

It's even worse now.

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

:rolleyes:

He's been fucking this whole fanbase for decades, don't act like you're exempt.  Only difference between us is you're still waving the pompoms for some reason.  ;)

There's a difference between waving the pompoms and not whining about Mike Brown over and over. It takes a lot of rationalization sometimes to try to remain positive given the team's track record. There's always hope. To argue in advance, yes there is.

8 minutes ago, Hooky said:

There's a difference between waving the pompoms and not whining about Mike Brown over and over. There's a lot of rationalization to try to remain positive given the team's track record. There's always hope. To argue in advance, yes there is.

"Hope is not a strategy." ~ Vincent Lombardi.

If the Bengals front office could at least explain their strategy, maybe we would have more hope but it just seems like its the same old thing which hasn't worked unless the few wild card appearances (37.5% of the teams make the playoffs) is considered success. 

To put it in perspective the Bengals have made it to the divisional round 3 times in 40 years.  The 2 super bowl teams and 1991. 

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

"Hope is not a strategy." ~ Vincent Lombardi.

If the Bengals front office could at least explain their strategy, maybe we would have more hope but it just seems like its the same old thing which hasn't worked unless the few wild card appearances (37.5% of the teams make the playoffs) is considered success. 

Again, hope is still all we have as fans. We have no control over strategy. Our only option is to stick it out or choose one of the 31 other teams to join their fanbase. If I was in charge of the team and was leaning on hope, that would be different. Or if anybody that has any control over the team read our posts, which I'm convinced that some members think they do, it would be different.

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

Again, hope is still all we have as fans. We have no control over strategy. Our only option is to stick it out or choose one of the 31 other teams to join their fanbase. If I was in charge of the team and was leaning on hope, that would be different. Or if anybody that has any control over the team read our posts, which I'm convinced that some members think they do, it would be different.

Or, we can vent our frustrations on a Bengals fan board since most of us are not bandwagon jumping douche bags like my youngest son. 

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Or, we can vent our frustrations on a Bengals fan board since most of us are not bandwagon jumping douche bags like my youngest son. 

Yes, we're going in circles. Just because somebody doesn't vent their frustrations and tries to spin something as positive doesn't mean they're waving pompoms or blowing Mike Brown.

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

Yes, we're going in circles. Just because somebody doesn't vent their frustrations and tries to spin something as positive doesn't mean they're waving pompoms or blowing Mike Brown.

For 99% of the posters, you are correct sir. 

56 minutes ago, Hooky said:

There's a difference between waving the pompoms and not whining about Mike Brown over and over. It takes a lot of rationalization sometimes to try to remain positive given the team's track record. There's always hope. To argue in advance, yes there is.

I don't see it as hopeless, but I do think whatever success this team may find will be despite the ownership rather than because of it.  

Archived