Letter: Bengals season ticket holder decides he can't do it any longer

Letter: Bengals season ticket holder decides he can't do it any longer

posted by Lance McAlister -  Mar 12, 2019
5c80990625359c33995bdc1d?ops=max(650,0),

Bengals

Below is a correspondence between a longtime Bengals season ticket holder and a Bengals season tickets account manager.

This conversation took place LAST WEEK.....prior to the Bobby Hart signing.

The listener has opted to walk away from his season tickets.

He told me: "It breaks my heart to do this but I just can't justify sending out a large cash payment every year with the return effort to provide a championship team being exhibited by the Brown family. I hope we see positive changes in the record and results of this team in the very near future."

To: Bengals season ticket holder

As of today, March 4th, our records indicate we have not received payment on your Season Tickets. The amount owed on your Season Tickets was due February 28th. We would love for you to return as a Season Ticket Member for a New DEY of Bengals football at Paul Brown Stadium.  

We kindly ask that payments be received by the close of business on Friday, March 15th. To set up a payment plan or to pay in full, please visit your My Bengals Account or call me directly. Should you decide to return at a later date we would be unable to guarantee your same seat location.

-------------------

To: Bengals season tickets account manager

I have not sent in my season ticket payment for the 2018 season because I am not renewing them this year. I have spent over $135,000.00 on season tickets and parking passes since the Bengals moved into PBS in 2000. I also held season tickets for many years in the old Riverfront/Cinergy Stadium before they moved into PBS. It is with great regret that I had to make this decision. However, the last year reminded me of a team headed back to the resemblance of the 90's Bengals that was putrid both on the field and in the front office.

There is no doubt in my mind that Mr. Brown is a great business man. As far as making money he has done an outstanding job. What is also very clear to me is his lack of desire to go above and beyond a financially successful franchise an to place a championship team on the field for the die-hard Bengals fan base and the Cincinnati area.

I know that there are many other season ticket accounts that have spent far more money than me over the past 17 seasons at PBS. The amount that I have spent is a tremendous amount for a fan to pay to a franchise that puts forth much less than their best effort in rewarding my loyalty by attempting to bring the Lombardi Trophy to Cincinnati not only for myself but ALL Bengals fans everywhere.

I will continue to root for the Bengals as they will ALWAYS be #1 in my heart. However, my financial support will cease until I HAVE BEEN CONVINCED that this organization really wants to win a Super Bowl and puts the proper people into the proper positions to have a great chance to do so.

Anyone within the organization may reach out to me to discuss this in more detail if desired.

Yours Truly,

XXXXXX

----------------------------

To: Bengals season ticket holder

.......It is clear that you have been a diehard Bengals fan forever. While I can’t speak to all the decisions ownership has made, I can speak in regards to the effort they are putting forth this season with bringing in a new, young, head coach and a brand new coaching staff under him. I think ownership is doing a good job of creating a clean slate on the coaching side to really bring a new era of football to Cincinnati. In regards to players, there is a lot to be seen still with free agency and the NFL draft around the corner. I am excited to see what Coach Taylor does moving forward with our existing players and new players.

We will miss not having you at the games this season. With not renewing, your seats and parking will go back into our inventory and your seat license will be forfeited. If you decide to return in the future, the seats and parking would be subject to what is available at that time.

If anything changes throughout the year, feel free to call me and I can help you with getting back on board.............

Who Dey!

XXXX

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2019-03-06-letter-bengals-season-ticket-holder-decides-he-cant-do-it-any-longer/

Dumb bastard. After allegedly spending $135k, NOW decides to walk away. Sell the damn things on StubHub or NFL exchange. Get something on a return, if that is possible. Or don't and take the loss.

The product is bad...the NFL product in general is bad. Reason enough to permanently stop. 

But enough with the martyr shit. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Dumb bastard. After allegedly spending $135k, NOW decides to walk away. Sell the damn things on StubHub or NFL exchange. Get something on a return, if that is possible. Or don't and take the loss.

The product is bad...the NFL product in general is bad. Reason enough to permanently stop. 

He would lose his shirt if he sold on stubhub. 

How is he dumb you moron? He would have to pay to get the tickets and the crap that this team is doing doesn’t mean he can sell them to make his money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

5 hours ago, BengalBuckeye said:

How is he dumb you moron? He would have to pay to get the tickets and the crap that this team is doing doesn’t mean he can sell them to make his money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Hey newbie: it's entertainment, not investing. It's not profit/loss. This gonzo is just trying to make himself look like Joan of fucking Arc. 

So lose the personal insults, capisce? 

15 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Hey newbie: it's entertainment, not investing. It's not profit/loss. This gonzo is just trying to make himself look like Joan of fucking Arc. 

So lose the personal insults, capisce? 

How many new members just joined to get in on the pity party? I'm signing off. That's all I can take. I know, good riddance. I'll just get my news from Cincy Jungle, but even they're articles are whiny. I'll figure something out. I'll keep my optimism. That's all we have as fans.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

How many new members just joined to get in on the pity party? I'm signing off. That's all I can take. I know, good riddance. I'll just get my news from Cincy Jungle, but even they're articles are whiny. I'll figure something out. I'll keep my optimism. That's all we have as fans.

large_SF2.jpg

Come on Hooky, gotta stay until the draft.  Then you can really watch some heads explode!!

53 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Ah hang around, Hook. All of this shit is BFD anyway. 

8 hours ago, Hooky said:

Belushi.jpg

8 hours ago, Hooky said:

Bro, you've just gotta laugh at these MoFos.  They've been miserable all their lives.  Most of them would bitch about the taxes if they won Mega Millions!😂

9 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Bro, you've just gotta laugh at these MoFos.  They've been miserable all their lives.  Most of them would bitch about the taxes if they won Mega Millions!😂

Exactly. And the shade of green on the money. I checked back in to see how whiny the response was to our epic first outside FA signing. I wasn't disappointed, people were complaining about what he was wearing. And he wasn't given bengals gear for the signing. Or gatorade. Or soap.  And, of course there were people who never heard of him saying he's terrible.

Who am I kidding? I can't quit you guys. Yes, I'm a drama queen attention whore.

9 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Mike Brown could fuck your wife and you would say "probably a good move"

I agree that some bitch about every single thing, but acting like the Bengals can do no wrong is equally bad. 

If anybody questions anything at all, you give them shit and call them a whiner.

This forum isn't only for praising the Bengals, we are allowed to question some things too.

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

I agree that some bitch about every single thing, but acting like the Bengals can do no wrong is equally bad. 

If anybody questions anything at all, you give them shit and call them a whiner.

This forum isn't only for praising the Bengals, we are allowed to question some things too.

Fuck you!  And have a Nice Day!

22 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

The fact that you continue to question a club that hasn't won a playoff game in soon to be 28 years  (Jan 6, 1991) is troubling. 

I mean the Carolina Panthers (Established 1995) have won 9 playoff games and 2 NFC Championships and they didn't even exist the last time the Bengals won a playoff game. 

The Jags (Est 1995) have won 7 and played in 3 AFC Championship games since 1995.

The Texans (Est 2002) have won 3 playoff games. 

You need to get your priorities straight and quit questioning the tactical genius of the Bengals front office. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

The fact that you continue to question a club that hasn't won a playoff game in soon to be 28 years  (Jan 6, 1991) is troubling. 

I mean the Carolina Panthers (Established 1995) have won 9 playoff games and 2 NFC Championships and they didn't even exist the last time the Bengals won a playoff game. 

The Jags (Est 1995) have won 7 and played in 3 AFC Championship games since 1995.

You need to get your priorities straight. 

Actually, it’s the fact that a lot of folks bitched incessantly about the previous regime under Marvin and then when you get the change you demanded, you bitch incessantly about them, before they have even had a single workout.  It makes you wonder, are they fans or professional bitchers? I guess you know my answer to that Question!😂😂

26 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

There's questioning things and then there's banging the same drum over and over. I don't think that there is anybody here that isn't frustrated that Mike Brown still runs things, but to keep whining about him is pointless.  He's cheap, he doesn't want to win, over and over. Both are nonsense. People complain that he's cheap , then people lose their mind over Hart being overpaid. The real problem with Mike Brown is much worse. It's that he doesn't know how to win and he won't relinquish command to somebody that does.

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You need to get your priorities straight and quit questioning the tactical genius of the Bengals front office. 

my bad

1 minute ago, kennethmw said:

Actually, it’s the fact that a lot of folks bitched incessantly about the previous regime under Marvin and then when you get the change you demanded, you bitch incessantly about them, before they have even had a single workout.  It makes you wonder, are they fans or professional bitchers? I guess you know my answer to that Question!😂😂

Well, don't put me in that group, most know who the target of my ire has always been aimed at.  The issue with this club has always been Mike Brown and now Mike Brown and Family.  I certainly thought it was time for Mavin to go just for the optics but didn't expect the next guy to have more success.  The straw for me was always Brown bitch slapping Marvin and putting Henry back on the team.  That had to be a tough pill for Marvin to swallow. 

Archived