Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
oldschooler

Where are they now? Paul Alexander

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, akiliMVP said:

He's well respected in Germany

 

In the sense that they haven't gotten around to cancelling his visa yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's had to update it a bit.

 

Quote

When I see a large Fußballspieler turn a bottle of Hengstenberg upside down and pound at its heel with tremendous force yet with limited success, I immediately make the mental note: He must either play defensive line, or if he plays offensive line, he can't play for me

Sorry CincyinDC - I used Google translate - I don't know enough otherwise to make the joke work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that he couldn't even catch on with a college team tells you just how "respected around the league" he really is..  Or maybe they meant the German League. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The fact that he couldn't even catch on with a college team tells you just how "respected around the league" he really is..  Or maybe they meant the German League. 

Even then, he's only a consultant! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we sure this isn't a soccer team?  Football in German is soccer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Consultant" you say..

mlb-all-star-game-1.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

 

Every dog comes with extra ketchup free of charge

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Maybe they got him confused with David Hasselhoff?

Germans love that guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Are we sure this isn't a soccer team?  Football in German is soccer. 

And, as of yesterday, Bayern Munchen proceeding in the Champions League is translated: "Kaput"

 

3414.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14th in the Bundesliga..expected result.

 

Hope City draws Barca or Juventus...then Sterling can dive on his ass and have a non-English ref ignore him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they fell apart between when they qualified and this season. I'd guess Juve or Liverpool are the favorites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, they fell apart between when they qualified and this season. I'd guess Juve or Liverpool are the favorites. 

I wouldn't rule out Barca but the baby faced assassin Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is working magic at Man Utd.   Still think Barca advances.  

Liverpool should handle Porto

Man City (bleh) should throttle Tottenham

Juve will obliterate Ajax

 

We all know the goal for everyone involved money wise is Ronaldo v Messi in the final.  Not many more chances of this happening.  No way Barca and Juve play in semis if both advance.  

 

Although a Liverpool v Man City, Tottenham or Utd semi would generate extraordinary ratings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

14th in the Bundesliga..expected result.

 

Hope City draws Barca or Juventus...then Sterling can dive on his ass and have a non-English ref ignore him. 

City v Tottenham.  City should win it unfortunately.

Barca v Man Utd

Liverpool v Porto

Juve v Ajax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

LOL right? Who ate all the pies eh guvna? Eh? EHHHH?

Blimey, you must be one of them Chelsea fans.  Londoners always got their knickers in a bind. 

 

And to think Alexander was here that long.  Bloody hell!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SF2 said:

I wouldn't rule out Barca but the baby faced assassin Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is working magic at Man Utd.   Still think Barca advances.  

Liverpool should handle Porto

Man City (bleh) should throttle Tottenham

Juve will obliterate Ajax

 

We all know the goal for everyone involved money wise is Ronaldo v Messi in the final.  Not many more chances of this happening.  No way Barca and Juve play in semis if both advance.  

 

Although a Liverpool v Man City, Tottenham or Utd semi would generate extraordinary ratings. 

City play Spurs 3 times in 11 days during this stretch. Would like to see me Harry Kane bounce them out of Europe, but I more wish for them to get at least a draw against the FFP cheating bastards in the PL match.   

Don't be too quick to wave away Ajax--they are hotter than hell at the moment. 

Utd--although I loathe them--may have the midfield/back 3 to bottle the Barca attackers...especially Coutinho and Suarez. Will agree--their best hope is get one more away goal, and hope for a draw at Old Trafford   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

City play Spurs 3 times in 11 days during this stretch. Would like to see me Harry Kane bounce them out of Europe, but I more wish for them to get at least a draw against the FFP cheating bastards in the PL match.   

Don't be too quick to wave away Ajax--they are hotter than hell at the moment. 

Utd--although I loathe them--may have the midfield/back 3 to bottle the Barca attackers...especially Coutinho and Suarez. Will agree--their best hope is get one more away goal, and hope for a draw at Old Trafford   

 

Sounds like some Harry Potter bullshit to me

 

:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

City play Spurs 3 times in 11 days during this stretch. Would like to see me Harry Kane bounce them out of Europe, but I more wish for them to get at least a draw against the FFP cheating bastards in the PL match.   

Don't be too quick to wave away Ajax--they are hotter than hell at the moment. 

Utd--although I loathe them--may have the midfield/back 3 to bottle the Barca attackers...especially Coutinho and Suarez. Will agree--their best hope is get one more away goal, and hope for a draw at Old Trafford   

I wish City got the Juve treatment and got sent back down to the EFL League 1.  Let them hang out for 2 years minimum in the lower divisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

 

Sounds like some Harry Potter bullshit to me

 

:ninja:

Harry Kane would kick Potter's ass and Hermoine would gladly follow him back to his flat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I wish City got the Juve treatment and got sent back down to the EFL League 1.  Let them hang out for 2 years minimum in the lower divisions.

Ah but the UEFA loves the major coin that City brings in. Having it come from a cheating/human rights violating/oil rich/dictator oligarchy, is just so much dust under the carpet.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×