Bengals to sign John Miller.

Look I thought the Hart money was 100% jackass.  But the Uzomah, Webb, Brown, & now Miller signings... I am on board with all of them.  I am totally convinced that even real Bengal fans dislike the Bengals so much, they cannot look at anything without a great deal of disdain (I am on guilty of it way more often than not).

3 minutes ago, rcarpenter62 said:

Look I thought the Hart money was 100% jackass.  But the Uzomah, Webb, Brown, & now Miller signings... I am on board with all of them.  I am totally convinced that even real Bengal fans dislike the Bengals so much, they cannot look at anything without a great deal of disdain (I am on guilty of it way more often than not).

I am on board with Uzomah and a little bit with Hart because they had to have somebody there. But journeyman Webb?? We didn't make a run for any of the LB'rs? Ours have been atrocious for years. Our Dline was terrible. I expected this team to do more to excite the fanbase. 

23 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I really thought this team would go after quality FA's this year. I mean with the window closing on Dalton and AJ, a new coach, a clearly pissed off fanbase....unbelievable.

:lol:

Which Bengals team do you follow?

29 minutes ago, rcarpenter62 said:

Uzomah is fine.  None of the other signings make us better in any way.  Some teams use FA to fill holes aka the Patriots or get better aka the Clowns and Rams.  What the Bengals do is simply replace one marginal player with another marginal or worse player in some cases.   Worse case we replace our better players with average.

The reality is Glenn was the eventual replacement for Whit.   Webb is going to be Dennards replacement.  Who is Miller replacing?  Westerman looks to be a better player.

The jury is still out on Preston Brown but he looks to be an average linebacker.   

By every metric, we had a hole at Right Tackle.  We resigned the hole. 

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

:lol:

Which Bengals team do you follow?

Yeah I know. They never do anything even remotely creative to try and get better players. They must be thinking it's time to rebuild instead of going for it with the window closing on the quarterback and one of the best receivers in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

Yeah I know. They never do anything even remotely creative to try and get better players. They must be thinking it's time to rebuild instead of going for it with the window closing on the quarterback and one of the best receivers in the NFL.

I honestly think it is more of a case of better FAs don't want to come here.  Missed playoffs 3 straight years, complete coaching staff change and there is zero buzz about this team.   You have to hand it to Mayfield, being a little douche got Cleveland noticed and the other douches his age want to play there. 

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I honestly think it is more of a case of better FAs don't want to come here.  Missed playoffs 3 straight years, complete coaching staff change and there is zero buzz about this team.   You have to hand it to Mayfield, being a little douche got Cleveland noticed and the other douches his age want to play there. 

Well. I think a team full of douches and a RB who IMO should be suspended for at least the entire season will implode on itself. I don't think it's Mayfield. I think it's the GM Dorsey. He's not afraid to make bold moves and they have a ton of cash.

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

OBJ wasn't exactly delivered there on his own terms. 

While true, he certainly could have pulled a Antonio Brown and went all tantrum.  You can bet Landry and Sooner boy talked to him.  They all do now. 

Archived