A Thread For The Angry

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

It can turn into a slapfight pretty quick during the offseason or when the team is losing.  The Gameday threads in particular can be a cesspool.  You'll soon get an idea for who is prone to name-calling & it's very easy to mute people if it gets annoying.  Just mouse over their name and click "Ignore User".  The open format here is refreshing but that puts some responsibility for monitoring things on the individual users.  Still, the mods are pretty quick to regulate if things get too far out of hand & you can "report post" on the bottom right of any post.  General rule here is "attack the post, not the poster".  There's also a "Jesus & Drumpf" subforum for any contentious political/current events type stuff & some other subforums for off-topic posting or discussing other teams or sports. Football forum is for football (and bad jokes.)

I'm all about the Bengals football, believe it or not - its the only reason I'm here.  A few years back I was part of another Bengals forum that turned sour in the ways you describe - its why I don't go back.  Was just trying to get the pulse of fans amid the vast changes the team is now undergoing.  Mostly, I'll just choose to navigate right around the comments of the negative nancys - I've seen it all before.  Always in search of what will make the team better.  Stay positive.

You know what they say, opinions are like assholes - everybody's got one.

5 hours ago, JB#21 said:

is that what they do to fans here, HSH?

No, just an inside joke for those who have been around the board for awhile.

Nothing personal nor any offense intended.  Just playin'.  I am very glad you are

here and look forward to your input.

The ninja smiley :ninja: is boardspeak for something not to be taken seriously.

The joke is that people show up here and very soon become snarky assholes

and are accused of being a troll whether they are or not.

BengalBuckeye (or visa versa) is a recent example.

But I join the others in welcoming you on board (get it?).

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

And just so you know, JB...anything SF2 says is the God's-honest truth. And don't forget it. 

:ninja:

See how it works? 

:YouDontSay-min:

My personal favorite 

The poor guy doesn’t know I am a Wiccan yet. A little Eye of Newt coming your way Le Tigre. 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, High School Harry said:

No, just an inside joke for those who have been around the board for awhile.

Nothing personal nor any offense intended.  Just playin'.  I am very glad you are

here and look forward to your input.

The ninja smiley :ninja: is boardspeak for something not to be taken seriously.

The joke is that people show up here and very soon become snarky assholes

and are accused of being a troll whether they are or not.

BengalBuckeye (or visa versa) is a recent example.

But I join the others in welcoming you on board (get it?).

Thank you, HSH and I think I do get it.

Archived