Bengals re-sign Tyler Eifert!!!

10 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I'm indifferent. He's a game changer when he's on the field but...

He has to have at least one healthy year at some point though, right?

I don't see what Tdub's problem is with giving him a chance if the money is not crazy and they have a back up plan, ie draft pick in first 2 or 3 rounds, which they need to do anyway. There is, no question, a huge upside if he stays healthy. And yes, that's a huge if. But worth a shot IMHO.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

I don't see what Tdub's problem is with giving him a chance if the money is not crazy and they have a back up plan, ie draft pick in first 2 or 3 rounds, which they need to do anyway. There is, no question, a huge upside if he stays healthy. And yes, that's a huge if. But worth a shot IMHO.

We did that last year. And the year before that.  And the year before that.

It's like your buddy saying he's over his ex and moving on to better things but then you keep catching him stalking her instagram.

19 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Could I recommend an enema?🤣😂

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If you can pull your nose out of Mike Brown's ass long enough to try mine?

Can you guys start playing nice ?  For anybody viewing these posts, not understanding the chemistry between these two posters, might assume you guys don't like each other...

1 hour ago, Numbers said:

Can you guys start playing nice ?  For anybody viewing these posts, not understanding the chemistry between these two posters, might assume you guys don't like each other...

You should see the PM's  :ninja:

Yeah it probably does sound more serious than it is.  I only wish I shared his enthusiasm. 

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

:pst-min:

I was surprised by that Uzomah reel tbh.  Guy has another one of Boyd that is even better.

I’ll have to check em out.

I don’t feel as destitute about the TE position as I did previously. I just can’t wait to see how they might shore up depth in the next week of FA at other positions of need. The draft, I am hoping they are able to win big. They’re due for a good draft again, I feel.

One thing about a young coach who’s professional proximity to the game indicates he understands the college game and ranks tends to give me some hope he and Tobin can really wrap their hands around this draft.

21 hours ago, T-Dub said:

We did that last year. And the year before that.  And the year before that.

It's like your buddy saying he's over his ex and moving on to better things but then you keep catching him stalking her instagram.

Almost. 

It's more like the guy who keeps staking her instagram while not even trying to actually move on and find someone else.

The problem with signing him is the Bengals don't  look for a receiving TE for the future.  It also limits another player's snaps in preseason and practice.  You know, the player that will be playing come week 6 when Eifert is out for the year again?

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

All jokes aside, I hope Eifert has a great season and injury free career.

No matter how you feel about Eifert you have to respect his determination, perseverance, and talent. 

I was just thinking about the size of the contract(s) this dude would have signed if he had not experienced half the injuries.  Hell if he had just kept the pace up last year and not been hurt, he'd have signed a big ass deal.  Of course it likely would not have been as a Bengal.

Archived