Bengals re-sign Tyler Eifert!!!

7 minutes ago, rcarpenter62 said:

I was just thinking about the size of the contract(s) this dude would have signed if he had not experienced half the injuries.  Hell if he had just kept the pace up last year and not been hurt, he'd have signed a big ass deal.  Of course it likely would not have been as a Bengal.

Yeah, he still has an opportunity to get paid.

The Bengals have shown they are fully invested in the Eifert business and if Hart can get 21 million, what would a Eifert coming off a comeback player of the year/ pro bowl season injury free get from the Bengals?

3 years 30 million?...

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Yeah, he still has an opportunity to get paid.

The Bengals have shown they are fully invested in the Eifert business and if Hart can get 21 million, what would a Eifert coming off a comeback player of the year/ pro bowl season injury free get from the Bengals?

3 years 30 million?...

Whoa now...it’s still contingent upon a really big “if.”

I think and hope he can have a full season with lots of productivity, but it is still a big question mark.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

The problem with signing him is the Bengals don't  look for a receiving TE for the future.  It also limits another player's snaps in preseason and practice.  You know, the player that will be playing come week 6 when Eifert is out for the year again?

What "other players"? Uzomah? Or that collection of off-the-street rubbish they signed on during the season?  

53 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Whoa now...it’s still contingent upon a really big “if.”

I think and hope he can have a full season with lots of productivity, but it is still a big question mark.

You are right, huge if but if he can do it he will get a nice multi year contract from the Bengals. 

11 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

All jokes aside, I hope Eifert has a great season and injury free career.

No matter how you feel about Eifert you have to respect his determination, perseverance, and talent. 

Agreed, his heart and guts to rehab and return have never been a question and they are not now. Hoping he has a huge season. We shall see.

6 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Good value, incentive heavy. Relatively low risk, high reward, as has been discussed here, ad nauseum.

Sure, a million dollars just for signing and another 4 (?) guaranteed for a guy that hasn't been able to stay on the field since 2015.  300 yards and 3 TD's a season? You can't put a price on that kind of production. Great value. Compared to dumping cash out of the back of a truck on the interstate, anyway.  

tenor.gif

2 months from now when Hobson is telling us that Bengals FA is over because the 50 million under the cap really works out to ohhhh bout $3.50, remember this contract.  

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Sure, a million dollars just for signing and another 4 (?) guaranteed for a guy that hasn't been able to stay on the field since 2015.  300 yards and 3 TD's a season? You can't put a price on that kind of production. Great value. Compared to dumping cash out of the back of a truck on the interstate, anyway.  

tenor.gif

2 months from now when Hobson is telling us that Bengals FA is over because the 50 million under the cap really works out to ohhhh bout $3.50, remember this contract.  

If this year's contract was applied to him last season, he would have made $3.3 million.

Like you said before he was signed "Let it go".

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

If this year's contract was applied to him last season, he would have made $3.3 million.

Like you said before he was signed "Let it go".

You're right, fuck it..  Why not  pay a guy a million bucks per game?  Not my money and this team obviously isn't serious about doing anything this season.  I really like Rudi Johnson, let's give him a few million dollars too.

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You're right, fuck it..  Why not  pay a guy a million bucks per game?  Not my money and this team obviously isn't serious about doing anything this season.  I really like Rudi Johnson, let's give him a few million dollars too.

I'm pretty sure you have made your feelings abundantly clear before and after the signing.

I saw you tried to equate Burfict to Eifert. Burfict missed games for being dirty,
for doing PEDS and for being injured. Eifert missed games for being injured.
Plus Burfict looked worse than just a guy last season. Showed up and played out of shape,
didn't even watch games or care about his team while suspended. He checked out.

You act like players never come back from injuries or anything like that.
Andrew Luck  was talked about like his career was over not so long ago.

I understand the view you express. But instead of constantly
expressing it over and over it would be nice to see you say how you feel and 
follow it with what you hope. At the end of the day you really don't know how
2019 is going to turn out for Eifert. So yes, let it go.

The Burfict thing was mostly a joke, & yeah the situations are different..  But still, Eifert is averaging 3-4 games a year so let's quit acting like it's a fluke. Sure guys come back from injuries.. But they don't keep getting new injuries and remain starters.. Except for Eifert.

I wonder where Kenny Irons is now? I bet he could use a few million extra dollars.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The Burfict thing was mostly a joke, & yeah the situations are different..  But still, Eifert is averaging 3-4 games a year so let's quit acting like it's a fluke. Sure guys come back from injuries.. But they don't keep getting new injuries and remain starters.. Except for Eifert.

I wonder where Kenny Irons is now? I bet he could use a few million extra dollars.

No, let’s not, because we’d be kidding ourselves. And, you should really choose a different tactic from cherry-picking and oversimplifying statistics to fit your narrative. None of this is black and white.

Everyone here knows that two of Eifert’s injuries were objectively fluke in nature. Last season’s was no exception. Getting your ankle rolled like that is not a result of poor conditioning, physical constitution, or indicative of a degenerative situation. It was, by definition, a fluke. The two instances with his back(?) were troubling, but we saw none of that last season.

1 minute ago, thezerawkid said:

No, let’s not, because we’d be kidding ourselves. And, you should really choose a different tactic from cherry-picking and oversimplifying statistics to fit your narrative. None of this is black and white.

Everyone here knows that two of Eifert’s injuries were objectively fluke in nature. Last season’s was no exception. Getting your ankle rolled like that is not a result of poor conditioning, physical constitution, or indicative of a degenerative situation. It was, by definition, a fluke. The two instances with his back(?) were troubling, but we saw none of that last season.

He's played 13 games over the last 3 season.  That's not cherry-picking, that's basic math.

we saw none of that last season

Because he had a new & different season-ending injury.  I guess that's progress?

Just now, T-Dub said:

He's played 13 games over the last 3 season.  That's not cherry-picking, that's basic math.

Because he had a new & different season-ending injury.  I guess that's progress?

Yes. Because it was a fluke injury and not one that could have been avoided. If we continued to offer one year deals to a guy who had the same injury over and over, there would be very clear fault in that logic. I would agree that we should cut bait, in that situation. That’s not the same as what has happened in consecutive seasons for Eifert.

3 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Yes. Because it was a fluke injury and not one that could have been avoided. If we continued to offer one year deals to a guy who had the same injury over and over, there would be very clear fault in that logic. I would agree that we should cut bait, in that situation. That’s not the same as what has happened in consecutive seasons for Eifert.

Hey, fair enough.  After 3 years of going to IR before midseason I would prefer we try some younger, healthier guy instead.

Think they'll make him work like everyone else in TC ?  If he goes down again it'd be good to have that happen before they cut someone else.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Hey, fair enough.  As long as he works like everyone else in TC..  

I mean, that would be my preference too, but I’m not gonna let it bother me too much if they decide to keep him slow tracked. I have a feeling there are gonna be other positions you and I both will want to bitch way more about than TE. 

9 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I mean, that would be my preference too, but I’m not gonna let it bother me too much if they decide to keep him slow tracked. I have a feeling there are gonna be other positions you and I both will want to bitch way more about than TE. 

You mean our Phenomenal offensive line?

t-shirts-hanging-on-a-clothesline-at-the

On 3/20/2019 at 2:50 PM, T-Dub said:

Hey, fair enough.  After 3 years of going to IR before midseason I would prefer we try some younger, healthier guy instead.

Think they'll make him work like everyone else in TC ?  If he goes down again it'd be good to have that happen before they cut someone else.

They did and then backed it up with this team friendly contract. Fuck man, you paying his contract or something? 

Every tidbit of getting better for this new coach is a win IMO, what is the downside?

Archived