Bengals re-sign Tyler Eifert!!!

4 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

They did and then backed it up with this team friendly contract. Fuck man, you paying his contract or something? 

Every tidbit of getting better for this new coach is a win IMO, what is the downside?

Having a starting TE that is likely to be on IR by week 4 seems like a significant downside to me.

1 hour ago, Jupiter Fan said:

They did and then backed it up with this team friendly contract. Fuck man, you paying his contract or something? 

Every tidbit of getting better for this new coach is a win IMO, what is the downside?

He's been whining about Tyler for years.  You'd think they are taking 5 grand out of his income a year to pay for his salary!😂😂

8 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

He's been whining about Tyler for years.  You'd think they are taking 5 grand out of his income a year to pay for his salary!😂😂

Years as in.. one?  I thought it was a bad idea last year.. but boy did he prove me wrong!  Oh wait..

For a team that insists on spending at cap minimum to hand him yet another contract seems foolish but tbh I don't think the fans even care if he plays.  Doesn't matter,  we're gonna keep on Redeemin' so it's all memes at this point.  2015 forever!  Eifert for offseason MVP!

11 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I have never seen so many people try to cherry pick stats to make someone look good. 

This same article could be written about Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Taking a players stats from 4 seasons ago and using them as if they're remotely relative today is a joke. 

PFF needs content during the offseason, so I understand but this is ridiculous. 

58 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, that's quite a stretch, using Eifert stats from 4 years ago. That's like saying Peyton Manning is a top QB based on his stats from the last 4 years. 

Guess which one has started more games in that period

:whistle:

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Eifert. Manning’s last season was 2015 and only started 12 games. Eifert has started 17. 

I saw different numbers elsewhere, but PFR is usually reliable:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EifeTy00.htm

5 more starts.  Than a guy who retired in 2015.  No way is that an effective use of limited salary & roster space.

Like I said though, happy to revisit the topic around midseason.  I suspect Eifert will be the least of our worries, if still the most predictable one. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, spicoli said:

serious question...do you take Hockenson if he's there at 11?

It depends on who else is there but possibly. There are half a dozen other players I think are likely to be available and would prefer but Hockenson wouldn't be a bad pick. 

Archived