Jaguars Sign The Human Turnstile

Money quote:

The 6-foot-5, 308-pound Ogbuehi started 25 of 35 games in four seasons with Cincinnati. He was the 21st overall pick in the 2015 draft.

Ogbuehi fills a huge need created when Jacksonville released veteran Jermey Parnell in a cost-cutting move. The Jaguars didn’t have a starting-caliber right tackle on the roster and had been expected to draft one with the seventh overall pick next month.

They still don't. Foles will not last very long with Ced starting. He's not even a good backup.

59 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

Probably the worst offensive lineman I've ever watched

Actually the worst ever was Fat Freddy Childress.  We drafted him in the 2nd round and didn’t even make the roster.  One of the worst picks in Bengals history and one to measure all other draft picks against. 

2 hours ago, Metallicus said:

Actually the worst ever was Fat Freddy Childress.  We drafted him in the 2nd round and didn’t even make the roster.  One of the worst picks in Bengals history and one to measure all other draft picks against. 

Strange thing is he cleaned his game up in the CFL and had a pretty good run

40 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

This will be very telling. If dude goes to Jacksonville and is solid that tells us the Bengals staff/organization really focking sucks a$$. I mean we already know that tho, right? 

Those coaches are all gone so it won’t tell us anything about the new coaching staff.   Also, the front office doesn’t do any coaching so it tells us nothing about them, either. 

6 hours ago, Metallicus said:

Those coaches are all gone so it won’t tell us anything about the new coaching staff.   Also, the front office doesn’t do any coaching so it tells us nothing about them, either. 

Pollack is the only one I'm sorry about losing.  Part because he seems like a great coach and part because we replaced him with a sketchy dirtbag.  That's Aggie football for ya.

I watched the games.  Cedric was half a second behind his own snap count so many times it looked intentional.  All the technique in the world wont fix a guy who starts late on his own snap count.

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I watched the games.  Cedric was half a second behind his own snap count so many times it looked intentional.  All the technique in the world wont fix a guy who starts late on his own snap count.

Looked softer than puppy shit to me.   Good linemen all have a little bit of a mean streak & dude was just out there to get paid.  Once he got that first round contract he retired mentally.  Amazed he got a 2nd contract somewhere.

46 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Sometimes the best FA strategy is addition by subtraction......

This OL situation is open tryouts level desperate, but I guess most 7 foot tall dudes who can block 280lb edge rushers with <5 second 40 speed are already in the NFL somewhere.

2 hours ago, Duluoz said:

From the Jags board: "First impressions:  YIKES." They have no idea yet.

Yikes? Just wait til Foles gets a faceful of defensive end for the third time in a game. I should go over there and post but I just don't have the heart.

Even with the long-forgotten--but reviled--Rod Jones, there were times where he actually did look good. This always gave some hope that he could develop further.

Has never been one inkling of even that with our Ced. Much doubt that it ever materializes...but hope can spring eternal.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Even with the long-forgotten--but reviled--Rod Jones, there were times where he actually did look good. This always gave some hope that he could develop further.

Has never been one inkling of even that with our Ced. Much doubt that it ever materializes...but hope can spring eternal.

I have never seen a first round player play that bad other than a few QBs. Not counting injuries of course. 

11 hours ago, Cat said:

Watch him get over there and start shutting motherfuckers down like Munoz / Orlando Pace / Ogden all rolled into one.

Will never happen - but that's the luck of a Bengals fan.

That was actually my very first thought. Then I thought "Man, that can't happen, can it? He's just TOO shitty!"

I don't think the Bengals reverse curse is going to be able to overcome Ogbuehi levels of incompetence.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

That was actually my very first thought. Then I thought "Man, that can't happen, can it? He's just TOO shitty!"

I don't think the Bengals reverse curse is going to be able to overcome Ogbuehi levels of incompetence.

No way.  How many times did we see him not even move when the ball was hiked and the DE just run past him? I have seen guys who knew they were outmatched false start trying to get into proper positions (Hart) but I have never seen a guy simply late on so many snap counts.   

Archived