Burfict released

He provided some attitude that actually struck fear in our opponents' hearts, and I loved that about him. 

I agree with the above though, his various issues/suspensions just werent worth dealing with anymore. With the concussion history he might want to start thinking about quality of life going forward. Good luck to him.

1 minute ago, Griever said:

He provided some attitude that actually struck fear in our opponents' hearts, and I loved that about him. 

I agree with the above though, his various issues/suspensions just werent worth dealing with anymore. With the concussion history he might want to start thinking about quality of life going forward. Good luck to him.

Maybe now the refs won't have a hand in their pocket the entire time our D's on the field.

Rejoice! The ESPNFL is saved!!  The Shield has been Protected & Thug Burfict is gone! We can all go back to shoving pregnant women down stairs er wait I mean Good Ol Fashioned Stiller Footbaw business as usual now.  

I admit it needed to happen but the smear campaign along the way has been a sight to behold.  Pretty fuckin gross how this guy has been portrayed compared to, say, Big Jen or any of the other absolute scumbags that lead the Pro Bowl voting every year.  Before we move on, let's not forget that Burfict's biggest crime was refusing to grab his ankles for the Shitsburgh cheapshot artists & laying out Antonio Brown.  That was the beginning of the end.

No we'll see who gets to be Goodell's newest scapegoat.  I hope it's not another Bengal.  

Get well & good luck Taze. Best Bengals LB in a decade but he was born too late for this era of 40-something porcelain heroes. 

8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Hell, every time he gave 100% he got fined and suspended

This....

The NFL has tried to legislate Burfict out of the league, but I believe if he played for an owner with more panache, like Jerry Jones, he would be the new Ray Lewis, the NFL's ultimate heel, instead of this pariah that is literally burnt in effigy. 

He will probably go to the Raiders or Vikings and make a few more Pro Bowls, he's far from finished. I believe he can adjust and a change of scenery is what is best for everyone, a rebranding of sorts. 

He is by far one of my favorite all-time Bengals, but all good things must come to an end. 

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Rejoice! The ESPNFL is saved!!  The Shield has been Protected & Thug Burfict is gone! We can all go back to shoving pregnant women down stairs er wait I mean Good Ol Fashioned Stiller Footbaw business as usual now.  

I admit it needed to happen but the smear campaign along the way has been a sight to behold.  Pretty fuckin gross how this guy has been portrayed compared to, say, Big Jen or any of the other absolute scumbags that lead the Pro Bowl voting every year.  Before we move on, let's not forget that Burfict's biggest crime was refusing to grab his ankles for the Shitsburgh cheapshot artists & laying out Antonio Brown.  That was the beginning of the end.

No we'll see who gets to be Goodell's newest scapegoat.  I hope it's not another Bengal.  

Get well & good luck Taze. Best Bengals LB in a decade but he was born too late for this era of 40-something porcelain heroes. 

Couldn't have said it better, I agree with this completely. 

Actually, there is a video of Vontaze cleaning out his locker and leaving PBS for the last time. 

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Not surprising. Now LB is definitely the biggest need.

Hope they sign Zack Brown or trade for Darron Lee

Trading for Lee and signing Brown would go a long way towards shoring up that porous defense.

If only one is an option I would offer some of those comp picks or future picks for Lee.

28 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

This....

The NFL has try to legislate Burfict out of the league, but I believe if he played for an owner with more panache, like Jerry Jones, he would be the new Ray Lewis, the NFL's ultimate heel instead of this pariah that is literally burnt in effigy. 

He will probably go to the Raiders or Vikings and make a few more Pro Bowls, he's far from finished. I believe he can adjust and a change of scenery is what is best for everyone, a rebranding of sorts. 

He is by far one of my favorite all-time Bengals, but all good things must come to an end. 

Mine too. If nothing else, for the way he enraged the inbreds.

The brutal reality is he simply couldn't tackle without lowering his helmet and concussing himself.  I can remember more than once he almost knocked himself out only to return to the field a few plays later.  I really think this was one of the reasons he played so poorly this year, he was playing with the lingering effects of a concussion half the time.  He was the Eric Lindros of the NFL.  I would be surprised if another team picks him up.  

I am very interested to see his transformation in the eyes of sports analysts and announcers after he goes to another team. If he goes to the stealers, as many have said, he will transform into a guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder, stealer football. If he goes to the pats, he will have finally found a team that can harness his energy and clean up his play.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

This league isn't saved--it's wildly flailing at relevance. For a league who once beatified legitimate on-field assassins, it has piously gone to tea and crumpets. Do not believe for a second, that if bloodsport would again be demanded by the buying public, generations of Jack Tatums, Jack Lamberts and Conrad Doblers, would be cultivated from middle schools. A pox on this hypocritical league. 

The hate will continue to pour down on this guy, but I have a feeling his best days on the football field are ahead of him. But the gutless Bengals will tow the NFL line with the likes of the slop allegedly playing that spot in recent years.          

Archived