Burfict released

15 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This league isn't saved--it's wildly flailing at relevance. For a league who once beatified legitimate on-field assassins, it has piously gone to tea and crumpets. Do not believe for a second, that if bloodsport would again be demanded by the buying public, generations of Jack Tatums, Jack Lamberts and Conrad Doblers, would be cultivated from middle schools. A pox on this hypocritical league. 

The hate will continue to pour down on this guy, but I have a feeling his best days on the football field are ahead of him. But the gutless Bengals will tow the NFL line with the likes of the slop allegedly playing that spot in recent years.          

The league had ZERO choice.  The overwhelming evidence concerning CTE and repeated helmet to helmet hits was going to LEGISLATE them out of existence if they didn't change.   You had a legend like Junior Seau commit suicide shortly after his career ended at age 43 due to massive CTE.

Most of the players figured it out, Burfict didn't and the reality is he probably ended his own career by self inflicting too many concussions upon himself. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The league had ZERO choice.  The overwhelming evidence concerning CTE and repeated helmet to helmet hits was going to LEGISLATE them out of existence if they didn't change.   You had a legend like Junior Seau commit suicide shortly after his career ended at age 43 due to massive CTE.

Most of the players figured it out, Burfict didn't and the reality is he probably ended his own career by self inflicting too many concussions upon himself. 

Don't give the NFL a pass that comprehensively. They would no more be legislated out of existence, than tobacco or alcohol would.  

27 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Don't give the NFL a pass that comprehensively. They would no more be legislated out of existence, than tobacco or alcohol would.  

Tobacco use is down about 65% from the late 60’s and they got hammered with the tobacco lawsuit. The also changed how they did business, who they could sell to and how they could market. Drinking everywhere now 21. Both industries were forced to change. 

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Rejoice! The ESPNFL is saved!!  The Shield has been Protected & Thug Burfict is gone! We can all go back to shoving pregnant women down stairs er wait I mean Good Ol Fashioned Stiller Footbaw business as usual now.  

I admit it needed to happen but the smear campaign along the way has been a sight to behold.  Pretty fuckin gross how this guy has been portrayed compared to, say, Big Jen or any of the other absolute scumbags that lead the Pro Bowl voting every year.  Before we move on, let's not forget that Burfict's biggest crime was refusing to grab his ankles for the Shitsburgh cheapshot artists & laying out Antonio Brown.  That was the beginning of the end.

No we'll see who gets to be Goodell's newest scapegoat.  I hope it's not another Bengal.  

Get well & good luck Taze. Best Bengals LB in a decade but he was born too late for this era of 40-something porcelain heroes. 

Nice piece, here.  The truth no one wants to hear. 

(Hope its not another Bengal too). 

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

This....

The NFL has try to legislate Burfict out of the league, but I believe if he played for an owner with more panache, like Jerry Jones, he would be the new Ray Lewis, the NFL's ultimate heel instead of this pariah that is literally burnt in effigy. 

He will probably go to the Raiders or Vikings and make a few more Pro Bowls, he's far from finished. I believe he can adjust and a change of scenery is what is best for everyone, a rebranding of sorts. 

He is by far one of my favorite all-time Bengals, but all good things must come to an end. 

I hope you're right, but I'm afraid that the Commish and Burfict himself will be what keeps him from enjoying the success he deserves.

Between the concussions and the severe drop off in performance, it seemed like the writing was on the wall for Burfict.  The NFL made him a pariah no doubt, but he bears plenty of the blame for not playing a whole season since 2013.  I like Burfict and it's unfortunate that it turned out like this.  I bet he keeps playing but I doubt he will last long.  

9 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I praise your rise from UDFA to pro-bowler. You made a difference on the DEF and set the tone. Too bad that ended the way it has. Peace to you and your family. 

Yep, well said Army...my sentiments exactly.  I liked having a "bully" on our team for a change, but it was time to move on.  I wish him well but also hope we don't face him in the future.

48 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

If the Bengals are doing this hoping Devin White is going to slide, this is a fuck up of major proportions, imho.

Maybe they should have at least held on to him until after the draft.

There were a bunch of free agent LB's still out there the last time I saw a list. We'll probably get one or even two of the leftovers later depending. Like I said elsewhere, Nickerson or Jefferson might yet turn into something.  

That being said I couldn't resist, don't trip it's just a meme

2wdc3l.jpg

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

There were a bunch of free agent LB's still out there the last time I saw a list. We'll probably get one or even two of the leftovers later depending. Like I said elsewhere, Nickerson or Jefferson might yet turn into something.  

Nickerson is hot garbage, who knows about Jefferson because Marvin never played him.

The LB unit needs an HGTV style rehab, lets flea market flip this bitch.....

8 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The LB unit needs an HGTV style rehab, lets flea market flip this bitch.....

Yeah but so does the OL & it's all offense in the NFL.  Some great "skill" players being held back by terrible blocking.   If LB isn't there I think it has to be DB or offense.  A shutdown corner is going to have a bigger impact on today's game than even a top-10 LB.

Archived