Burfict released

On 3/19/2019 at 11:12 AM, Hooky said:

The so-called despicable monster that shouldn't be allowed in the NFL will probably sign within a day or two of being released. No surprise.

Anyone else notice that several pundits/talking heads around the NFL are suddenly "softening" on Burfict?  Comments like "he is a perfect fit for the Raiders", "this shores up their LB issue with a former Pro Bowler", etc etc 

I expect even further softening as the off season continues, and into the season.  I mean these are some of the same thought police that said he should be kicked out of the league for *not* hitting a guy in the head last year!  Now he's a great former Pro Bowler, jeezus.

Honestly, leaving the Bengals is the greatest thing that ever happened to his career, even if he does continue to suck in Oakland.

4 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Anyone else notice that several pundits/talking heads around the NFL are suddenly "softening" on Burfict?  Comments like "he is a perfect fit for the Raiders", "this shores up their LB issue with a former Pro Bowler", etc etc 

I expect even further softening as the off season continues, and into the season.  I mean these are some of the same thought police that said he should be kicked out of the league for *not* hitting a guy in the head last year!  Now he's a great former Pro Bowler, jeezus.

Honestly, leaving the Bengals is the greatest thing that ever happened to his career, even if he does continue to suck in Oakland.

I regret not adding to my prediction that it would be seen as a good signing as I knew it would be. This guy that shouldn't have been allowed to play football when he was a bengal is now a great pick-up. 

5 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

No surprises here, but I do still get a chuckle out of people complaining about the "ankle twisting" like it's some egregious foul. It's really interesting what people choose not to see when it doesn't suit them, like AJ's shoe getting twisted off several times when he was playing with an ankle injury.  Or how tacklers grab and twist feet constantly, in every game, every weekend.  Anyhow..  Now that the Stealers don't have to check under their bed for Burfict every night, all's right in the Kingdom of Goodell.  Anyone think he's getting suspended for the first 4 games again this year?

Unfortunately for Burfict and the Raiders, the multiple concussions were not  the product of a smear campaign. 

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No surprises here, but I do still get a chuckle out of people complaining about the "ankle twisting" like it's some egregious foul. It's really interesting what people choose not to see when it doesn't suit them, like AJ's shoe getting twisted off several times when he was playing with an ankle injury.  Or how tacklers grab and twist feet constantly, in every game, every weekend.  Anyhow..  Now that the Stealers don't have to check under their bed for Burfict every night, all's right in the Kingdom of Goodell.  Anyone think he's getting suspended for the first 4 games again this year?

Unfortunately for Burfict and the Raiders, the multiple concussions were not  the product of a smear campaign. 

I think those concussions were over blown and Vontaze used them as an excuse to not play but still get paid, I truly believe that Vontaze mentally checked out last year because he saw how the NFL was try to legislate him out of the game. 

Appropriate term: Thought Police. The writing/speaking pied pipers, who by their collective can alter thought. Get a blog, and you too can wield unimaginable power over the minds of others. "sources say.."..."insiders have told...". Lives ruined or exalted, by the stroke of a keyboard. And believed and made truth or fact...just repeat it enough times. 

After lamenting this release a few days (well, more like shaking my head--it doesn't matter to me one way or the other), I am actually glad he is getting another opportunity somewhere else. The national pied pipers will most likely forget about him--although the label millstone will always be close by for use. The local Valkyries will follow him a bit closer, with an occasional "where are they now?" sort of thing--but also ready to pounce at the hint of impropriety, if it might get a few more clicks. 

The NFL media monster will need more villians to create, and there will always be a source for them to draw from. Long live the Shield. 

36 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I think those concussions were over blown and Vontaze used them as an excuse to not play but still get paid, I truly believe that Vontaze mentally checked out last year because he saw how the NFL was try to legislate him out of the game. 

IDK man, he looked pretty wobbly out there at times & if he was going to fake an injury why not complain about an ankle or something like that which wouldn't jeopardize his career long term?  He doesn't strike me as the "fake an injury" type anyway.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

IDK man, he looked pretty wobbly out there at times & if he was going to fake an injury why not complain about an ankle or something like that which wouldn't jeopardize his career long term?  He doesn't strike me as the "fake an injury" type anyway.

I agree.  You would see him lower his head and sustain a significant collision then slowly get up an hobble to the sideline.  Scary thing was he would be back in the next series.  Regardless, he was out of shape and missed a bunch of tackles last year because of it and that had nothing to do with concussions.  It makes little sense for him to have checked out other than maybe the front office laid into him for the PED suspension and he wanted out.  If he had played very well last year he was going to get a nice paycheck this year.  

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That Jay Morrison tweet after Burdock was cut citing a pic of him tackling Connor high as defining Burdock's reputation. Like that kind of tackle is a rarity in the NFL. And the Shazier Gio hit is never brought up in a negative light.

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

That Jay Morrison tweet after Burdock was cut citing a pic of him tackling Connor high as defining Burdock's reputation. Like that kind of tackle is a rarity in the NFL. And the Shazier Gio hit is never brought up in a negative light.

I like how the Stealers are suddenly realizing that Ben is a piece of shit right when his skills are starting to decline.  

47 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I like how the Stealers are suddenly realizing that Ben is a piece of shit right when his skills are starting to decline.  

You would think that the multiple rapes would've tipped them off years ago. To your point, I wonder if their defense of him being a serial rapist will flip now too.

3 minutes ago, Hooky said:

You would think that the multiple rapes would've tipped them off years ago. To your point, I wonder if their defense of him being a serial rapist will flip now too.

I'm wondering if that will keep him out of the HoF.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I dunno, he put up some pretty spectacular numbers last year.  320 yards per game, 96.5 rating, 73 QBR, 5129 yards passing.  Dalton has never sniffed numbers like that.  This actually makes it better, he is still playing great but everyone who leaves is shitting on him.

Good story.  I am invited to my close friend's wedding.  Both families are loaded.  They decide to have the wedding at the Ritz Carlton at Lake Oconee GA.  All we have to do is get there and everything is paid for including room.  Rehearsal dinner is at the separate steakhouse on the property.  High end, way above SF2's paygrade.  Only problem is we had to share it with another party who had priority.  That party is The rapist and all of his receivers and TEs.  2015 so Bryant, Brown, Wheaton, Heath Miller and I think Heyward Bey are there.  I guess that is where Jen lives offseason and raped the girl at a bar close by.  After dinner we all go to bar (steakhouse bar not Ben's Rape Cave)  and the Cavs are playing the Kings in the finals.  So Jen takes a chair, sits right in the middle of the bar and is watching the game by himself (not a big place) while all the receivers are bullshitting with us.  Funny thing was they all realized we were Bengals or Browns fans and started laughing, "Damn we come all the way to Georgia to be surround by Bengals and Browns fans"  They were all pretty cool except Jen.  Dude just sat there by himself and didn't talk to anyone.  

13 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I dunno, he put up some pretty spectacular numbers last year.  320 yards per game, 96.5 rating, 73 QBR, 5129 yards passing.  Dalton has never sniffed numbers like that.  This actually makes it better, he is still playing great but everyone who leaves is shitting on him.

Good story.  I am invited to my close friend's wedding.  Both families are loaded.  They decide to have the wedding at the Ritz Carlton at Lake Oconee GA.  All we have to do is get there and everything is paid for including room.  Rehearsal dinner is at the separate steakhouse on the property.  High end, way above SF2's paygrade.  Only problem is we had to share it with another party who had priority.  That party is The rapist and all of his receivers and TEs.  2015 so Bryant, Brown, Wheaton, Heath Miller and I think Heyward Bey are there.  I guess that is where Jen lives offseason and raped the girl at a bar close by.  After dinner we all go to bar and the Cavs are playing the Kings in the finals.  So Jen takes a chair, sits right in the middle of the bar and is watching the game by himself (not a big place) while all the receivers are bullshitting with us.  Funny thing was they all realized we were Bengals or Browns fans and started laughing, "Damn we come all the way to Georgia to be surround by Bengals and Browns fans"  They were all pretty cool except Jen.  Dude just sat there by himself and didn't talk to anyone.  

That was his rapin' stool, nobody talks to The Ben when he's on his rapin' stool.  That's where he goes to think about rapin'. 

31 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Good story.  I am invited to my close friend's wedding.  Both families are loaded.  They decide to have the wedding at the Ritz Carlton at Lake Oconee GA.  All we have to do is get there and everything is paid for including room.  Rehearsal dinner is at the separate steakhouse on the property.  High end, way above SF2's paygrade.  Only problem is we had to share it with another party who had priority.  That party is The rapist and all of his receivers and TEs.  2015 so Bryant, Brown, Wheaton, Heath Miller and I think Heyward Bey are there.  I guess that is where Jen lives offseason and raped the girl at a bar close by.  After dinner we all go to bar (steakhouse bar not Ben's Rape Cave)  and the Cavs are playing the Kings in the finals.  So Jen takes a chair, sits right in the middle of the bar and is watching the game by himself (not a big place) while all the receivers are bullshitting with us.  Funny thing was they all realized we were Bengals or Browns fans and started laughing, "Damn we come all the way to Georgia to be surround by Bengals and Browns fans"  They were all pretty cool except Jen.  Dude just sat there by himself and didn't talk to anyone.  

That is a great story.

He is from Findlay. Even in eateries/pubs around there, you won't find much mention of him--although a few sport some things, mostly with just his high school.   

10 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

That is a great story.

He is from Findlay. Even in eateries/pubs around there, you won't find much mention of him--although a few sport some things, mostly with just his high school.   

He doesn't seem to come back to Oxford much.  I'm not sure he'd make it out of town again if he did, from the sound of things.

24 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

That is a great story.

Correct. As it was told to me, he stiffed the local FD on money for new trucks that he promised.

Also note, on of the main roads in Findlay is called Sandusky. Just saying...

9 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Therein lies the problem.  Find lay.

Hey, don't make fun of a town on the Golden Corridor of I-75.   Vandalia, Tipp, Troy, Piqua, Sydney, Wapak, Lima and Findlay.   It don't get better than that. 

30 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Hey, don't make fun of a town on the Golden Corridor of I-75.   Vandalia, Tipp, Troy, Piqua, Sydney, Wapak, Lima and Findlay.   It don't get better than that. 

I know a couple of people that have some kind of running joke about Piqua girls.  I don't get it.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

He doesn't seem to come back to Oxford much.  I'm not sure he'd make it out of town again if he did, from the sound of things.

I know more than a few Miami grads from his time period--not all female--who would not put him on their Christmas card list. 

15 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I know more than a few Miami grads from his time period--not all female--who would not put him on their Christmas card list. 

Seems everyone knew he was a total shitbag but he can throw a ball a long way so :shrug:

Archived