Burfict released

On 3/20/2019 at 3:18 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That is the story of the Bengals franchise, these many events that could have dramatically changed the perception of the team:

The end of that Steeler playoff game

Stanley Wilson day before SB

Tim Krumrie injury

Lewis Billups almost pic

Greg Cook injury

Moments in time.....

Honestly, is there a more snake bitten team than Paul Browns Bengals?

20 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

I can't speak to the earlier examples but the more recent of the Steeler playoff games was not bad luck or anything of the sort.  That was the culmination of choices the franchise made combined with the current state of the NFL.  There was nothing random about it other than the fumble itself maybe, but the circumstances that made it matter were entirely deliberate. 

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I can't speak to the earlier examples but the more recent of the Steeler playoff games was not bad luck or anything of the sort.  That was the culmination of choices the franchise made combined with the current state of the NFL.  There was nothing random about it other than the fumble itself maybe, but the circumstances that made it matter were entirely deliberate. 

It was definitely the fumble in this example of bad example of situations.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Hate to interrupt.

Cutting Burfict was a bad move, mistake.

He was the only player on this team with a heart while the rest looked

like the cast of extras from "The Walking Dead" after becoming

Mediocre Marv pod people.

I wish him nothing but the best.

I disagree. Go back and watch the home game against the Browns to see my point. 

I don't care if he is the goat. Glad he's gone. The stigma he had here overshadowed everything no matter how well he played. This separation was best for both sides. The stigma is gone and he gets a fresh start on a team where it's acceptable to be a pos. 

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

he gets a fresh start on a team where it's acceptable to be a pos. 

Oh right, we don't stand for that kind of behavior around here! Spit on cops, punch women, but don't tackle people too hard because you know how this team feels about tackling! Not going to stand for it! 

:21:

Dude please post more often, this is hilarious.   

13 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

The one that broke my heart more than anything since the 2nd Super Bowl was that son of a bitch Kimo taking aim at Carson's knee.  I honestly think that team had a chance to win the big one.

And finally, the third member of the Unholy Triumvirate (Hill & Jones) from the ill-fated playoff debacle of January 9, 2016 is gone. Vontaze Burfict joins Chris Henry and Odell Thurman as one of the most polarizing Bengals of the past two decades. What could have been will never be known.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Oh right, we don't stand for that kind of behavior around here! Spit on cops, punch women, but don't tackle people too hard because you know how this team feels about tackling! Not going to stand for it! 

:21:

Dude please post more often, this is hilarious.   

Right. Well supposedly we are headed in a new direction. Call the release of Burfict part of Taylor's culture change. 

55 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Right. Well supposedly we are headed in a new direction. Call the release of Burfict part of Taylor's culture change. 

Yeah I might have halfway believed in all that for the few weeks it took them to go and Redeem Jim Turner.  

Archived