Free Agency 2019 Take 2: The Leftovers.

We are just about to get started with Free Agency. Already got some early adds at G and CB but here is a list I compiled of who is still left. Ranked by PFF ranking. Those in green were cuts so won't effect our comp picks. Italics didn't transfer but I will make that adjustment. 

QB Mannion-Rams 62.4 Glennon-Cards 57.5 Osweiller-Ex Broncos 52.7 Hogan-Broncos Simien-Ex Broncos      
RB Lynch-Raiders 74.1 Ware-Chiefs 70.7 Martin-Raiders 67.7 Rodgers-Bucs 65.3 Allen-Ravens 63.1 Yeldon-Jaguars 56.6    
RB Crowell-Jets 71.7 Grant-Jaguars 67.9 Powell-Jets 65.9 Ajayi-Eagles 64.6 Collins-Ravens 61.3 Gileslee-Dolphins 46.1    
WR Caroo-Dolphins 76.1 Thomas-Texans 71.5 LaFell-Raiders 64.5 Kearse-Jets 62.7 Grant-Colts 59.1 Hunter-Stealers 53.1    
WR Thomas-Chiefs 75.7 Nelson-Raiders 70.7 Garcon-49ers 64.3 Williams-Cowboys 62.3 Hogan-Pats 55.2 Matthews-Jets 50.3    
WR Inman-Colts 72.3 Montgomery-Ravens 67.7 Crabtree-Ravens 63.6 Hardy-Falcons 60.5 Wallace-Eagles 53.9      
TE Cook-Raiders 75.7 Sefarian-Jenkins-Jax 69.6 Kendricks-Packers 60.5 Thomas-Bills 52.1 Sims-Bears 39.7      
TE Williams-Ravens 71.6 Toilolo-Lions 66.5 Derby-Dolphins 60.5 Rodgers-Eagles 51.3        
LT                
LG Sitton-Dolphins 62              
C Wisnewski-Eagles 55.5 Sullivan-Rams 52.7            
RG Garland-Falcons 69.3              
RT Parnell-Jags 65.3 Barksdale-Cardinals 62.5 Bushrod-Saints 62 Remmers-Vikings 59.2 Penn-Raiders 47      
RT Schraeder-Falcons 63.6 Veldheer-Broncos 62.4 Clark-Panthers 60.9 Wetzel-Cardinals 55        

LE Hayes-Dolphins 79.8 Long-Eagles 75.4 Lynch-Bears 73.6 Urban-Ravens 72 Easley-Rams 68.3 Clayborn-Pats 67.7 Bailey-Chiefs 63.3 Branch-Dolphins 46.9
DT Shelton-Patriots 78.8 Gunter-Cards 70.3 Philon-Chargers 67.8 Williams-Dolphins 63.2 Woods-Colts 61.2      
DT Peko-Broncos 74.3 Liuget-Chargers 69.9 McDonald-Raiders 65.9 Logan-Titans 62.7 Jernigan-Eagles 49.8      
DE Wilkerson-Packers 76.5 Ansah-Lions 74.5 Mayowa-Cards 73.3 McPhee-Redskins 68.4 Attachou-Jets 67.8 Wynn-Giants 66.2 Acho-Bears 62.8  
OLB Houston-Chiefs 85.7 Compton-Titans 76.9 Copeland-Jets 67.4 Morgan-Titans 61.2 Ishmael-Falcons 46.8      
MLB Brown-Skins 89.2 Vigil-Skins 76.1 Pierre-Louis-Jets 71.7 Longacre-Rams 68.5 Hodges-Cardinals 56      
MLB Te'o-Saints 80.4 Bynes-Cardinals 75.8 Pullard-Chargers 71.6 Marshall-Broncos 64.2        
OLB Flowers-Redskins 77 Hager-Rams 74.6 Collins-Browns 62.3 Harold-Lions 58.6 Cash-Cardinals      
S Boston-Cards 74.1 Iloka-Vikings 68 Berry-Chiefs 62.4 Stewart-Broncos 59.6        
S Miles-Jets 70.6 Geathers-Colts 67.4 Addae-Chargers 60.1 Coleman-Saints 55.9        
CB Dennard-Bengals 68.2              
CB Hall-Raiders 63.3              

I am a believer that we should add a veteran at every level of the team in the offseason. We don't build for depth and then blame injuries. QB, RB, WR, TE, C, G, T, DE, DT, LB, S, CB. They don't all have to be starters. They don't all have to make the team. Just having vets around helps. 

G is done with Miller. 

CB is done with Webb. 

Who else I would like to add. 

QB: Sean Mannion--He was the backup QB for the Rams for the last few years. The Marriage makes too much sense. He knows what Taylor wants to do on offense, he is young and still has upside and he might already be better then Driskel. I would rather not draft a QB this year and see what Dalton can do with a new system. 

RB: Bilal Powell--Powell went to nearby Louisville, is coming off a down year and is heading into his tenth season. He might not make the team, and we are probably drafting someone (hopefully with one of the 6ths in a deep RB draft) but should an injury happen it would be great to have a guy like this in camp. 

WR: Ty Montgomery--I am hopeful we can nab a 4th WR to give us some insurance if Ross is a bust or if there are injuries. Montgomery is only 26 and exceptionally versatile. Can backup both at WR and RB and play special teams. 

TE: Maxx Williams--Former 2nd round pick means that we don't have to draft a TE early. People keep saying this is a deep draft but I am not so sure. Can be an inline TE and let others be the move TE. Will only be 25 at the start of the season. 

C : John Sullivan--Sullivan will be 34 at the start of the season but would help to solidify a team in need of a solid C. There are young options but they are all questions. Sullivan can be the carrot to have them fight to improve. 

T: Jeremy Parnell--A veteran backup T is an absolute necessity with Hart starting. I also don't trust Glenn's health. I am hopeful for a tackle in the first or second round and a backup RT who has started a ton in free agency. Parnell has started 64 tackles. 

DT: Domato Peko--Bengals veteran who showed well for the Broncos the last two years. 

DE: Benson Mayowa--Productive for the Cards last year. Not incredible but good in the rotation.

ILB: Zac Brown--He is an immediate starter. We should be all over him. 

OLB: Will Compton--Compton will be 30 but is still good in coverage (85.3 PFF coverage). Can also play STs (200 snaps 2018)

S: Tre Boston--Boston started for the Cards last year for 1.5 million. Maybe we can get him as a backup safety for that price. Still just 26 but he has played for 3 teams. 

12 hours ago, kennethmw said:

No, both would have Starters opportunities if they left the Bengals.  Brown and Vigil both got hurt last year.  

You have alot more faith in that than I do, I've seen very little to suggest that Vigil would, Brown I'm giving a pass on since he played well in Buffalo. Well see if he can replicate that here.

Meh, Vigil could be a solid starter as long as he's got talent around him.....he's not going to be the centerpiece of a defense by any means but if you can find a guy who is, Vigil is a solid piece to have next to him, IMO.

Devin White sure would be a nice centerpiece though, huh? Talk about raising the talent level..

Archived