Dennard back with Bengals 1 year $5mil

11 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Where are y'all seeing a 3 year deal?

re-signed their top slot man for what is believed to be a one-year deal.

https://www.bengals.com/news/reports-quez-returns

Agreed. I have not seen anything official or unofficial for that matter about the length or value of the contract. Hobson likely has a pretty good idea so I am starting to think it's going to be a one year deal.

One year deal at 5 million-if that’s the case, good for both of them. It gives Dennard a chance to find his role in the new defense and gives the Bengals either more time to find a replacement if need be or determine if he has a future here.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:25 PM, kennethmw said:

Good move.  Gives us a solid 4 CB’s.  I know some of you are chomping at the bit to get rid of Dre, but he played well under Zimmer and I’m interested to see him under our new D coordinator.

The secondary immediately went to shit when he left games last season. But that may be more of a reflection of how horrible our depth is. But I've never thought Dre was as bad as some here make him out to be.

56 minutes ago, Hooky said:

The secondary immediately went to shit when he left games last season. But that may be more of a reflection of how horrible our depth is. But I've never thought Dre was as bad as some here make him out to be.

100%.  He gets targeted so often because no one wants to throw to WJ3.  The ball has to go somewhere.  His only real knock IMO is the PI penalties but he's playing in a world where sneezing near the WR is flagged.  Replay is only going ot make that worse now.  I also read he was playing through multiple injuries including an achilles last season that even required cleanup once the season was done.

Archived