NFL rules changes for 2019

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Lol@ 6 and 6a. Day late and a dollar short--and "for one year only" 

This fucking league. 

Great, another opportunity to run more ads while "New York" deliberates (I assume some lackey runs down the street and shows the play to people at the nearest bus stop?) & then listen to Gene "Show me the Green" Steratore or some other spineless NFL shill try to convince you that you didn't just see what you saw because reasons.

NFL football creeps closer and closer to unwatchable live.  I can't stand the GD replays... and if it has to be there, why can't there be somebody in the booth that watches the play immediately and just radios down to the field?  There is no need to announce that it is being reviewed, then run over to watch it 55x on the sideline.

12 minutes ago, rcarpenter62 said:

NFL football creeps closer and closer to unwatchable live.  I can't stand the GD replays... and if it has to be there, why can't there be somebody in the booth that watches the play immediately and just radios down to the field?  There is no need to announce that it is being reviewed, then run over to watch it 55x on the sideline.

I prefer replays if it means changing the course of a badly called game. But I do like the idea you propose here of having a "booth ref" that they can call on to verify their calls.

The main 2 things that drive me nuts during games are delayed joy as you wait for a flag or the fact that you know the play is about to be reviewed, and reviewed, and reviewed...  It is painful in the stadium b/c it feels like an eternity, and it is blow your head off maddening on TV as you listen to 2 or 3 dipshits talk about the rules & how they think it is going to be called.

25 minutes ago, rcarpenter62 said:

The main 2 things that drive me nuts during games are delayed joy as you wait for a flag or the fact that you know the play is about to be reviewed, and reviewed, and reviewed...  It is painful in the stadium b/c it feels like an eternity, and it is blow your head off maddening on TV as you listen to 2 or 3 dipshits talk about the rules & how they think it is going to be called.

And then whatever the call is, their former ref analyst says it was a good decision.

When someone is trying that hard to convince you something isn't bullshit, you can bet that it's total bullshit.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

There needs to be a time limit on replay reviews.  If you can't see it in 30 seconds it's not conclusive.  Have multiple people looking at multiple angles.

I dont know who it was that suggested it, but I thought it was a good idea to have a "booth ref" that they could call up to to verify the call they made. Seems like it would speed up the game.

15 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I dont know who it was that suggested it, but I thought it was a good idea to have a "booth ref" that they could call up to to verify the call they made. Seems like it would speed up the game.

They already have the mysterious "New York" consultation. All they do is confirm whatever bullshit call was made.  I've seen too many blatantly wrong calls get upheld after replay to think it's about anything other than squeezing in a few more ad breaks. 

NFL Ref puts hand down pants: "ooooooooohhhhh I get more chances to be on TV, better spend more time on the biceps & triceps. Pecs too." 

"Hey Karen, order me a smaller referee shirt, no not the medium, lets go small and see what that looks like. Thanks hun." 

Archived