Roster post Taylor

I thought it would be interesting to track the Roster built solely after Taylor came a board. There is probably a better way to explain this in the header. I am open to suggestions.

QB      
RB      
FB      
WR      
WR      
WR      
TE Eifert 20 Uzomah 22 Sample 23
LT      
LG      
C Hopkins 20    
RG Miller 22 Redmond 20  
RT Williams 24 Hart 22  

K      
P      
LS      

LE      
LT Tupou 20    
RT      
RE      
SLB      
MLB Brown 22    
WLB Pratt 23    
S Wilson 20    
S      
CB Dennard 20    
CB Webb 22    
CB McRae 20    

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Confusing: how can something be "built" which is already there? 

Technically, they were FAs. I would like to know how much say he has in personnel decisions. 

36 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Technically, they were FAs. I would like to know how much say he has in personnel decisions. 

Unless he leaves and talks shit or slips up in an interview somehow we will never know.  Considering how little history he has with our vets I have a hard time seeing him standing on the table over any of them.  Particularly ones that haven't really played in years.   (ahem)

Point being that even if he has 100% control (spoiler alert: he doesn't) he hasn't been here long enough to exert what control he does have.

I think the draft will be a better indicator as to what sort of roster he's trying to build, at least outside the first round.

4 hours ago, whodey? said:

I think this is a pretty cool idea 

Thanks. There is a possibility that he is just starting from scratch, and while the team can't say that because it has to sell tickets, and won't just drop a bunch of good players, the newest players matter most. Especially the draft as someone mentioned. 

I actually really like this offseason if you ignore the first 2 contracts and what they mean. The Bobby Hart is an indicator that they think Bobby Hart is good and they don't need a RT. I strongly disagree and would take one in Round 1 if it fell that way. Preston Brown is a LB that isn't great for this era. The players overall make sense. The contracts for the players not so much. The timing was just as terrible as Bengals optics could be. Everyone is signing fresh new studs and we go longterm on Bobby Hart :). 

Great word: optics. Folks like you, and many others here, understand the concept of filling out a roster. This is done deliberately, and with as little cost as possible...every professional franchise this side of oil oligarch-owned/FFP-violating Manchester City, knows that they can't have all-stars at every position. 

However, John Q AverageFan--being fed non-stop by the glittery NFL media--only sees the facades created for them. There are no "optics" created for Cincinnati--other than the long ground-in appearances of being "cheap" and being a team of thugs. The local variety JQAF--from whom substantial numbers constitute potential ticket-buyers--don't know and don't care about B.W. Webb...they only see Cleveland getting the bright/blingy OBJ. They really don't care about Fresh and New Boy Wonder and Friends...they see AB in Las Vegas. If all they really continue to see and hear, is same old cheap/thugs...they will not buy tickets. So much for New Dey. 

Bobby Hart doesn't change optics--winning to the point where they are transformed into a new desirable visual does. And that is a long way from happening.

58 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Great word: optics. Folks like you, and many others here, understand the concept of filling out a roster. This is done deliberately, and with as little cost as possible...every professional franchise this side of oil oligarch-owned/FFP-violating Manchester City, knows that they can't have all-stars at every position. 

However, John Q AverageFan--being fed non-stop by the glittery NFL media--only sees the facades created for them. There are no "optics" created for Cincinnati--other than the long ground-in appearances of being "cheap" and being a team of thugs. The local variety JQAF--from whom substantial numbers constitute potential ticket-buyers--don't know and don't care about B.W. Webb...they only see Cleveland getting the bright/blingy OBJ. They really don't care about Fresh and New Boy Wonder and Friends...they see AB in Las Vegas. If all they really continue to see and hear, is same old cheap/thugs...they will not buy tickets. So much for New Dey. 

Bobby Hart doesn't change optics--winning to the point where they are transformed into a new desirable visual does. And that is a long way from happening.

I agree with your premise, almost exactly. It’s just that last statement I’m not so sure about. There’s really no way to quantify that at this point. We haven’t seen this team under this new regime with new locker room culture. Plenty of teams turn around in a single offseason.

Also, look how quickly perennial NFL sweetheart Pittsburgh has turned into an utter shitshow. God that’s been fun to watch. Come to think of it, we haven’t discussed it enough on here.

Always conceivable a "turnaround" may occur. That may catch the fancy of the NFL media--temporarily. But even then, this will not happen until the first "turnaround" season comes and goes--which means that upticks in attendance/media attention will not happen.

It is dog-chasing-tail, of course. 

And, the Stealers can have all of the made-up "controversy" in creation hurled at them and it won't matter with their base. They still buy, thus the NFL will continue to exalt them. Watch them churn out some "miracle season in spite of..". Even in their so-called "dark years"  in the late '90's--early 2000's, they were never really down and forgotten. The "Rings" will always be a buttress against getting any come-uppance with that group. 

I don't see any big change in the locker room culture with Redeemer at the helm. The players know he's a soft touch. Fuck up constantly, underperform, barely even touch the field for years; it's not your fault.  You probably didn't get that bike for Xmas as a tot, allowances must be made.

You think the rest of this roster thinks Bobby Hart is "phenomenal" ? These guys know better. Cincinnati is a place where marginal NFL talent can make starter money. What kind of effort would you expect under these circumstances?

• 1 month later...

And let the draft commence

QB    
RB    
FB    
WR    
WR    
WR    
TE Eifert 20 Uzomah 22
LT    
LG    
C Hopkins 20  
RG Miller 22 Redmond 20
RT Williams 25 Hart 22

K    
P    
LS    

LE    
LT Tupou 20  
RT    
RE    
SLB    
MLB Brown 22  
WLB    
S Wilson 20  
S    
CB Dennard 20  
CB Webb 22  
CB McRae 20  

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

And let the draft commence

QB    
RB    
FB    
WR    
WR    
WR    
TE Eifert 20 Uzomah 22
LT    
LG    
C Hopkins 20  
RG Miller 22 Redmond 20
RT Williams 25 Hart 22

K    
P    
LS    

LE    
LT Tupou 20  
RT    
RE    
SLB    
MLB Brown 22  
WLB    
S Wilson 20  
S    
CB Dennard 20  
CB Webb 22  
CB McRae 20  

Shouldn't Williams be a 22?   4 years for now.  Or you can put 23 as well just because of the 5th year option available on first rounders.  25 would indicate using the tag on him twice which I seriously doubt the Bengals would do.  Am I missing something?

QB      
RB      
FB      
WR      
WR      
WR      
LT      
LG      
C Hopkins 20    
RG Miller 22 Redmond 20  
RT Williams 24 Hart 22  

K      
P      
LS      

LE      
LT Tupou 20    
RT      
RE      
SLB      
MLB Brown 22    
WLB Pratt 23    
S Wilson 20    
S      
CB Dennard 20    
CB Webb 22    
CB McRae 20    

QB Finley 23      
RB Williams 23      
FB        
WR        
WR        
WR        
LT        
LG        
C Hopkins 20 Jordan 23    
RG Miller 22 Redmond 20    
RT Williams 24 Hart 22    

K        
P        
LS        

LE Wynn 20      
LT Tupou 20      
RT Wren 23      
RE        
SLB        
MLB Brown 22      
WLB Pratt 23      
S Wilson 20      
S        
CB Dennard 20      
CB Webb 22      
CB McRae 20      

QB Finley 23    
RB Williams 23 Anderson 23  
FB      
WR      
WR      
WR      
LT      
LG      
C Hopkins 20 Jordan 23  
RG Miller 22 Redmond 20  
RT Williams 24 Hart 22  

K      
P      
LS      

LE Wynn 20    
LT Tupou 20    
RT Wren 23    
RE      
SLB Davis 23    
MLB Brown 22    
WLB Pratt 23    
S Wilson 20    
S      
CB Dennard 20 Brown 23  
CB Webb 22    
CB McRae 20    

On 4/26/2019 at 7:10 PM, MichaelWeston said:

The year is the year they are a free agent. I used to do it your way but all the sites do it the otherway so I changed. 

Got it. I though it was the last year they were sign thru. 

On 3/24/2019 at 12:00 PM, T-Dub said:

I don't see any big change in the locker room culture with Redeemer at the helm. The players know he's a soft touch. Fuck up constantly, underperform, barely even touch the field for years; it's not your fault.  You probably didn't get that bike for Xmas as a tot, allowances must be made.

You think the rest of this roster thinks Bobby Hart is "phenomenal" ? These guys know better. Cincinnati is a place where marginal NFL talent can make starter money. What kind of effort would you expect under these circumstances?

I agree about the Bengals rep as a place where you can get that last NFL check if you are a fringe NFL talent.

Hopefully with the new players that were drafted and players that have been cut and will be cut the culture and rep of the Bengals will evolve.

It seems as if they avoided any players that had character red flags and were known for being tough and smart.

If the Bengals can continue to add these guys and win some games then that  culture change could occur sooner than later. Marvin had guys like Pacman, Hill, and Burfict that were talented but came into the league with character concerns and it cost him at the worst possible moment. 

Archived