Bengals sign Kerry Wynn

Report: Bengals sign Kerry Wynn

Posted by Josh Alper on March 22, 2019, 4:59 PM EDT
gettyimages-841351938-e1553288362642.jpg
Getty Images

Defensive end Kerry Wynn visited Cincinnati this week and he’ll be spending a lot of time there in the future.

Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com reports that Wynn has agreed to a one-year deal with the Bengals.

Wynn is the second member of the 2018 Giants defense to join the Bengals this offseason. He joins cornerback BW Webb while safety Curtis Riley, who also visited the Bengals this week, will be signing with the Raiders. Former Giants defensive backs coach Lou Anarumo is the defensive coordinator on Zac Taylor’s staff.

Wynn had 39 tackles, 1.5 sacks and two forced fumbles while playing a rotational role on the Giants defensive line last season. Wynn was also a regular on special teams during his time in Jersey.

Not mad, but it seems strange we're working so hard to add talent at one of the deeper positions yet are content to run Bobby Hart back out there on offense.   Do they not understand those 3-0 games are pretty much a thing of the past?

7 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Sounds good, ya gotta like a DL who moves his ass fast enough to be a special team guy. Solid signing with roots to his coach.

Yeh and it kind of sends a message that no one on the roster is safe.   Except Eifert, of course.  :ninja:

28 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeh and it kind of sends a message that no one on the roster is safe.   Except Eifert, of course.  :ninja:

Eifert is signed right where I hoped, a show me contract. What's wrong with that?

Not like Mike's musty pocket can't absorb the blow and nobody better when healthy available that I see available.

4 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Eifert is signed right where I hoped, a show me contract. What's wrong with that?

Not like Mike's musty pocket can't absorb the blow and nobody better when healthy available that I see available.

Really not trying to get into it again.  :D  Just comedy, we can revisit it in Week 6 or so.

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Not mad, but it seems strange we're working so hard to add talent at one of the deeper positions yet are content to run Bobby Hart back out there on offense.   Do they not understand those 3-0 games are pretty much a thing of the past?

According to our OL coach, Hart is exceptional so no worries.

On a serious note, the fact that Giant defensive players WANT too play for our DC is a good sign.

18 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

According to our OL coach, Hart is exceptional so no worries.

On a serious note, the fact that Giant defensive players WANT too play for our DC is a good sign.

Yeah I have no faith in our OL coach, he seems like a colossal smeg sausage & it's not like Miami or A&M had some phenomenal :pst-min: OL under him.

It is cool that Papa Lou seems to have guys that want to play for him.  I hope our own vets buy in because our defense last year was atrocious.  Austin is the DB coach for Shitsburgh now, for those keeping track.  Green & Boyd should roast those guys.

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I am hoping that they are planning on our first rounder filling that spot and Mr. Hart is depth.

10 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

This, hopefully Hart is the swing tackle that backs up both Glenn and a future first round pick 

One would have to assume this is the plan. It’s likely we overpaid a tad, but, we had to keep someone in the building.

Archived