The Official 2019 Season Thread!

Jason

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK I take it back..  I think Puig has them all smelling their own farts a bit.  5 games under .500,  winning a few in a row is nothing more than a nice gesture. Maybe go easy on that shoulder lean when you're jogging off a useless solo HR?

Radio yutz says they are 0/8 on Sundays so far this year

Thought I heard they were some ridiculous margin of losses in 1 run games compared to the rest of the league. Think Iggy being shaky has hurt. Hopefully they get Wood and Scooter back and can right the ship before it gets to the point they have to sell.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:53 AM, JC said:

Thought I heard they were some ridiculous margin of losses in 1 run games compared to the rest of the league. Think Iggy being shaky has hurt. Hopefully they get Wood and Scooter back and can right the ship before it gets to the point they have to sell.

Yeah I really don't understand what their strategy is for the next few years, like what was the point of renting Puig for one season?  I can't imagine extending him.  

• 4 weeks later...

It's just shocking that this team has the #2 ERA in the NL playing half their games in Great American Launching pad and has a losing record.  The next lowest team ERA with a losing record is 0.8 runs higher.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:33 PM, T-Dub said:

Yeah I really don't understand what their strategy is for the next few years, like what was the point of renting Puig for one season?  I can't imagine extending him.  

Think Puig may be the gap to Taylor Trammel. If not ready, then possibly Schebler for a while longer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So are we gonna double down or cash in our chips?  Trying to game the system & do both has been a disaster for that other team in town we're always talking about.   Aside from the fan outreach, sense of direction, obvious & clearly-stated desire to win not just "The Big One" but as a consistent expectation, the investment, the willingness to take smart risks but also admit mistakes & move on as best as they can (Bye-bye, Bailey) the impatience with just being average & having hard standards... Where was I going with this...  Oh yeah, the one thing both teams have in common besides ZIP code is the need to make some tough decisions about the roster.

Archived