Mike Brown says Bengals won't extend Andy Dalton this offseason

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Oh I don't disagree that there are alot more issues on the team than Andy, that said he is replaceable as well.

Don't much care if he stays or goes in the end but a QB or WR at #11 might cost me a TV.

:Cereal_Guy-min:

It would be ridiculous to extend Dalton considering they have NO IDEA how he will play under an entirely new offensive system.  Hell, I don't even have a clue what kind of system Taylor plans on using. Single Wing?  Yes T-Dub, WR @11 will cost BW3s a new TV. I can still run pretty fast. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

It would be ridiculous to extend Dalton considering they have NO IDEA how he will play under an entirely new offensive system.  Hell, I don't even have a clue what kind of system Taylor plans on using. Single Wing?  Yes T-Dub, WR @11 will cost BW3s a new TV. I can still run pretty fast. 

Well, we have some clue. He was a QB & WR coach right?  I don't see going away from the quick passing game, it's about all our OL can manage & it's Dalton's comfort zone.  If they let Mixon ice games instead of getting "creative" I would be thrilled.  

Hopefully he's watching plays the guys we have ran well last year, not getting all slap-happy with the playbook.  I'm not that concerned with schemes. Really comes down to the situational playcalling & overall decision-making, that's what our last HC was lacking.  That and authority.

Denver won't pass on Lock or Haskins.  I'm all for trading up for Haskins if we can get him at 5 or later. I wouldn't give up next year's #1 in a trade though. Otherwise, we should fix the defense and wait til next year for a QB. I'd hoped we'd upgrade some area (any area) of the team in free agency but that's not the Bengal way.

Archived