My Annual Draft Contest

Is less than 2 weeks away now.  It will open for guesses the morning of April 13 and close around 9pm on the 21st.

Since I have been doing this since 2005 I won't give you a "warning" on guess format.  :smile: 

10 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

I'm thinking my odds of winning would increase if I don't put in an entry.  :ph34r:

I am thinking my odds would increase if I was allowed to pick after the first 10 were off the board. Would still probably miss.

30 minutes ago, Girevik said:

For those of us who haven't participated before,  where can we're get the deets?

Here was last years rules and picks so you get an idea how it works:  BTW, my pick was on the NFL All-Rookie team.  Just saying. 

2018 Contest:

Ok, here it is, the contest thread. Here are the rules:

1. Guess the player you think the Bengals will take with their first pick. It does not matter when that pick is, whether at 21, 1 or 37. So don't tell me they trade the pick.

2. This year there will not be a limit to how many times a player may be guessed.

3. The tie breaker will be the pick number where Jerome Baker is taken. Do not give me a team and a round, I want a number. In the event there is still a tie, there will be a second tie breaker between the 2 contestants. It will be another player to be determined at that time.

4. No "bookending" of tie breaker guesses. If consecutive tie breaker guesses have been made, the next closest guess must be at least 10 away.  For example if someone guesses 100, and someone else guesses 101, the next closest guess can be no closer than 90 or 111. Of course, this only applies for guesses of the same player.  If you bookend yourself it's your problem.  

5. Your Guess MUST be in the format of:

Board name - Guess - tie breaker, for example

Jason - Mike McGlinchey - 89

and the Guess must be the full first and last name, but don't worry, spelling doesn't count as long as it's close enough that I know who it is. 

Your guess will not be entered until it is in that format, and your tie breaker guess will not be official, so someone else can take it, and it will not be protected from bookending!

6. Once you have made your guess, you will have time to change your mind, but once your Guess appears below in this post, your choice is locked in, no changes, no exceptions.  

7. To be eligible you must be a member prior to the start of this thread, and a Bengals fan. Fans of other teams are not eligible. Members with multiple board names, please make guesses with only one of them.

8. The prize will be any ONE ITEM from the Bengals store at Bengals.com valued up to $50, and I will pay taxes and standard shipping. Based on the cost of shipping, arrangements may need to be made for winners who are not residents of the continental United States.

Guessing ENDS at 9pm EDT on April 22nd

Disclaimer: Go-Bengals.com is not responsible for this contest, the outcome, or it's prizes.

Let the picking now begin!

Can a moderator please pin this thread.

Official Guess List:

HavePityPlease --------------- Isaiah Wynn ------------------- 92

Le Tigre --------------------- Mike McGlinchey ---------------- 99

Spicoli ------------------------ Da'Ron Payne ------------------ 111

Hooky ----------------------- Rashaan Evans ------------------ 48

Bung ----------------------- Will Hernandez -------------------- 77

USN Bengal ----------------- James Daniels ------------------- 55

BengalFanInTO ------------ Mike McGlinchey ----------------- 58

TDub ------------------------Courtland Sutton ------------------ 85

SF2---------------------------Will Hernandez----------------------84

F.Cleveland ---------------- James Daniels-------------------- 104

Tigers Johnson------------- Mike McGlinchey------------------102

gatorclaws --------------------- Billy Price ----------------------- 65

Randle P. McMurphy ------ James Daniel ---------------------- 67

schotzee ------------------ Leighton Vander Esch ------------- 117

schotzee -------------------- Frank Ragnow --------------------- 92

Cricket ---------------------- Mike McGlinchey ------------------ 86

Jamie_B ------------------ Mike McGlinchey ------------------- 104

Bengals1181 -------------- James Daniels --------------------- 97

Numbers ------------------ Lamar Jackson --------------------- 97

happy rid ------------------- Billy Price ------------------------ 125

Whodey365 --------------- Kolton Miller ----------------------- 46

Kochman ----------------- Frank Ragnow --------------------- 117

VonBlade ------------------ Isaiah Wynn  --------------------- 101

fluhartz --------------------- Billy Price ------------------------ 103

esjbh2 --------------------- Kolton Miller ------------------------ 60

Inigo Montoya ----------- James Daniels ---------------------- 80

Madieu Superstar ------ Mike McCglinchey ------------------ 112

JC ------------------------------ Vita Vea -------------------------- 6

20 minutes ago, Girevik said:

For those of us who haven't participated before,  where can we're get the deets?

This coming Saturday I will start the contest thread. All of the rules will be posted in the thread, but here is a quick rundown. 

1. Your screen name is the first thing in your guess post

2. Guess the name of the player you think the Bengals take with their first pick. “Trade up/down” are not allowed, name the player. 

3. There is a player I will name at that time, almost always a Buckeye, but occasionally a Bearcat. Guess the overall number where you think he is picked. 

Whoever is closest gets to select any one item from the bengals.com store valued up to $50 and I buy it and send it to you. 

Archived