Lights, Camera, Action as Taylor Opens Workouts

17 hours ago, SF2 said:

Is that in my signature?  I seriously don’t know, I haven’t had sigs turned on for 10 years, it took too long to load pages on my phone in the pre 4G and unlimited data days. 

I bet you have that date tattooed on your body somewhere.

Admit it :lmao:

54 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

This is all true, but the same FO that hired these guys and signed off on their decisions didn't leave with them.  Brown said quite clearly in that press conference that he only fired Marvin because the fans forced the issue.  The same jackass who tried to lowball our All-Pro LT into leaving now has more power, if anything.  Taylor's staff is made up of whoever would take the job.

So Taylor may actually end up a good coach, but the deck is heavily stacked against him here.  Same situation that turned Marvin into a shell of himself.

The owner is the crux of the problem no doubt about it.  Then again, that would be the case no matter who was the head coach.  There are at least a few other voices in the front office now that weren't there in the past.  But we still know who has the real power and that isn't changing as long as he's alive.  

I am not going to be a pessimist before we see anything on the field.  I think Taylor is going into a much better situation than Marvin inherited in terms of talent.  They do have issues on both sides of the ball (specifically OL and LB), but there's a lot of talent too.  

43 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If the others in the room act like Mikey and run the team the same way then it does not matter is Mikey is in charge or gone.

For me it's just a bad impression of Troy Blackburn after hearing about the Whitworth fiasco.  If that's really how things went down it doesn't matter if Redeemer is in charge or not because we're only going to get more of the same.. if not worse.  Total disconnect and arrogance on dude's part.

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

For me it's just a bad impression of Troy Blackburn after hearing about the Whitworth fiasco.  If that's really how things went down it doesn't matter if Redeemer is in charge or not because we're only going to get more of the same.. if not worse.  Total disconnect and arrogance on dude's part.

My first impression of Boy Toy Troy was when I saw him at a Bengals game.  I was in the Club Lounge.  There are stairs to the second level, access to the private boxes.  This guy floated down the stairs to the concession area and Cincinnati's longest bar wearing a pastel suede sport coat, baggy white slacks and white deck shoes  (no socks) looking like he was going to the LBGTQXYZ teen prom.  He was flouncing around so much he needed wrist splints.  Someone called him "Troy", as in Donahue, and BOOM.

I *heart* Pumpkin.  She deserves so much better.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:57 PM, oldschooler said:

I bet you have that date tattooed on your body somewhere.

Admit it :lmao:

Actually, it is pretty sad that date still has meaning considering I made that signature 12 years ago.  

I cant figure out how to edit or turn them back on on my iPhone. 

• 7 months later...
On 4/11/2019 at 12:00 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

But the Browns have made more positive off season moves then we have. And the have a GM who is making moves to add significant players instead of just "waiting for the draft and accumulating 6th round comp picks". The one big Q mark for the Browns is Mayfield in year 2 - does he improve or take a step back - can go either way. For us the Q marks are the OL and the defense overall but LB's more specifically. The Defensive system is an open Q, our DC may be another Austin in which case we are in trouble. The OL , well, it is what it is. The Browns GM Dorsey is doing all the right things to build a contender. We are using hope and draft picks to build. 

I would give them a leg up on us at this point, but we will have to see. 

Yep

On 4/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, T-Dub said:

My impression is that they're blaming everything on the previous coaching group.  Right now Taylor & Friends are a little cocky and thinking they can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  The FO are happy to go along with that because it takes the blame off them for a little while.

I see a harsh reality check coming.

Nostradamus

On 4/12/2019 at 3:46 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

I would put plenty of the blame on the previous staff too.  Austin was a complete disaster and the defense had a historically terrible season under his stewardship.  Lazor was unimpressive as a play caller and will not be missed.  The new staff is replacing one that didn't have very much success the past several years and I can't pretend to be upset about finally moving on from Marvin.  It's fair to be skeptical for many valid reasons but it's not like Marvin and Co. were anything special.  

True

On 4/12/2019 at 4:05 PM, T-Dub said:

This is all true, but the same FO that hired these guys and signed off on their decisions didn't leave with them.  Brown said quite clearly in that press conference that he only fired Marvin because the fans forced the issue.  The same jackass who tried to lowball our All-Pro LT into leaving now has more power, if anything.  Taylor's staff is made up of whoever would take the job.

So Taylor may actually end up a good coach, but the deck is heavily stacked against him here.  Same situation that turned Marvin into a shell of himself.

Yep

On 4/12/2019 at 5:56 PM, oldschooler said:

Wow, that didn't age well.

On 4/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

The owner is the crux of the problem no doubt about it.  Then again, that would be the case no matter who was the head coach.  There are at least a few other voices in the front office now that weren't there in the past.  But we still know who has the real power and that isn't changing as long as he's alive.  

I am not going to be a pessimist before we see anything on the field.  I think Taylor is going into a much better situation than Marvin inherited in terms of talent.  They do have issues on both sides of the ball (specifically OL and LB), but there's a lot of talent too.  

Meh, dunno about that.

Archived