oldschooler

Lights, Camera, Action as Taylor Opens Workouts

17 hours ago, SF2 said:

Is that in my signature?  I seriously don’t know, I haven’t had sigs turned on for 10 years, it took too long to load pages on my phone in the pre 4G and unlimited data days. 

I bet you have that date tattooed on your body somewhere.

Admit it :lmao:

54 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

This is all true, but the same FO that hired these guys and signed off on their decisions didn't leave with them.  Brown said quite clearly in that press conference that he only fired Marvin because the fans forced the issue.  The same jackass who tried to lowball our All-Pro LT into leaving now has more power, if anything.  Taylor's staff is made up of whoever would take the job.

So Taylor may actually end up a good coach, but the deck is heavily stacked against him here.  Same situation that turned Marvin into a shell of himself.

The owner is the crux of the problem no doubt about it.  Then again, that would be the case no matter who was the head coach.  There are at least a few other voices in the front office now that weren't there in the past.  But we still know who has the real power and that isn't changing as long as he's alive.  

I am not going to be a pessimist before we see anything on the field.  I think Taylor is going into a much better situation than Marvin inherited in terms of talent.  They do have issues on both sides of the ball (specifically OL and LB), but there's a lot of talent too.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If the others in the room act like Mikey and run the team the same way then it does not matter is Mikey is in charge or gone.

For me it's just a bad impression of Troy Blackburn after hearing about the Whitworth fiasco.  If that's really how things went down it doesn't matter if Redeemer is in charge or not because we're only going to get more of the same.. if not worse.  Total disconnect and arrogance on dude's part.

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Shit is behind a paywall if anyone wants to clip out the relevant bits

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

For me it's just a bad impression of Troy Blackburn after hearing about the Whitworth fiasco.  If that's really how things went down it doesn't matter if Redeemer is in charge or not because we're only going to get more of the same.. if not worse.  Total disconnect and arrogance on dude's part.

My first impression of Boy Toy Troy was when I saw him at a Bengals game.  I was in the Club Lounge.  There are stairs to the second level, access to the private boxes.  This guy floated down the stairs to the concession area and Cincinnati's longest bar wearing a pastel suede sport coat, baggy white slacks and white deck shoes  (no socks) looking like he was going to the LBGTQXYZ teen prom.  He was flouncing around so much he needed wrist splints.  Someone called him "Troy", as in Donahue, and BOOM.

I *heart* Pumpkin.  She deserves so much better.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:57 PM, oldschooler said:

I bet you have that date tattooed on your body somewhere.

Admit it :lmao:

Actually, it is pretty sad that date still has meaning considering I made that signature 12 years ago.  

I cant figure out how to edit or turn them back on on my iPhone. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Actually, it is pretty sad that date still has meaning considering I made that signature 12 years ago.  

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

hes-right-you-know.jpg