Pre-season Schedule

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Why are we playing Indy at home again this pre-season?

Proximity, nothing more.   Plus the Indy police don't wan't Bengals players in their city because they are all gangsters and such according to the media.

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Proximity, nothing more.   Plus the Indy police don't wan't Bengals players in their city because they are all gangsters and such according to the media.

But they usually alternate years. You're probably right. As usual, it only takes one player to revive the thug narrative.

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

But they usually alternate years. You're probably right. As usual, it only takes one player to revive the thug narrative.

I doubt the Bengals move the needle much in Indy.  Its the last preseason game as well so Indy is probably happy to have an away game so close. 

16 hours ago, SF2 said:

I doubt the Bengals move the needle much in Indy.  Its the last preseason game as well so Indy is probably happy to have an away game so close. 

You seemed to be missing my point. I realize why they play Indy the last game in pre-season every year. My point is that they alternate location every year and this is the 2nd year in a row we are stuck with it at home. It's their turn, dammit! 

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

You seemed to be missing my point. I realize why they play Indy the last game in pre-season every year. My point is that they alternate location every year and this is the 2nd year in a row we are stuck with it at home. It's their turn, dammit! 

I would always take the last pre season game at home regardless of the opponent. Indy should be the one bitching, not us. 

22 hours ago, SF2 said:

I would always take the last pre season game at home regardless of the opponent. Indy should be the one bitching, not us. 

Why? It’s the worst pre-season game for fans as no team playing in that game plays any regulars. It’s a complete waste of money. Getting stuck with a home game for pre-season game 4 sucks. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Why? It’s the worst pre-season game for fans as no team playing in that game plays any regulars. It’s a complete waste of money. Getting stuck with a home game for pre-season game 4 sucks. 

Meh, I am looking at this from a team player perspective, I don't care if Mike Brown makes more money.  The team doesn't have to travel back to get ready for the actual season.  I have never been to an actual pre season game, starters not in that much for the most part and plays are very vanilla. Would rather watch at a bar for a the first half then switch to women's tennis. 

I was looking at it from the fans point of view, not Mike Brown's. First and last pre-season games are the worst. I think last year those were the two they stuck on Bengals fans who still buy season tickets. At least this year they get a game two which should be starters for a little over a quarter. 

57 minutes ago, membengal said:

I was looking at it from the fans point of view, not Mike Brown's. First and last pre-season games are the worst. I think last year those were the two they stuck on Bengals fans who still buy season tickets. At least this year they get a game two which should be starters for a little over a quarter. 

I thought it was game 3 and 4 at home.

44 minutes ago, membengal said:

So it is. That's the best one, so, good. Getting 1 and 4 last year was a real shitty draw. 

Yeah, game 1 is pretty brutal.   My favorite play is, "Don't get hurt"

Archived