Moritz Boehringer allocated to Bengals, part of international program

Moritz Boehringer allocated to Bengals, part of international program

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 15, 2019, 6:03 PM EDT
gettyimages-870563282-1-e1551414474894.j
Getty Images

The first European player to be drafted into the NFL without playing at an American college has another chance.

Per the league’s transaction wire, tight end Moritz Boehringer has been allocated to the Bengals as an exempt/international player. That means he can hang around as a 91st player on the roster, and the Bengals have a chance to keep him as an 11th practice squad player if need be.

After playing in the German league, Boehringer was drafted in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft by the Vikings as a wide receiver. He transitioned to tight end with the Bengals last year and spent the year on their practice squad.

The other players in the same category include Ravens running back Christopher Ezeala, Bills running back Christian Wade, Browns defensive back Tigie Sankoh, Dolphins defensive tackle Durval Neto, Patriots running back Jakob Johnson, and Stealers tight end Christian Scotland-Williamson.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/15/moritz-boehringer-allocated-to-bengals-part-of-international-program/

40 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Yawn, hardly worth a new thread

Well you're getting Bengals news aggregated for free here, so y'know..  Gift horse etc.

I for one am glad to see us building some no-risk depth at TE.  It's cool how these international players don't count at all until they hit the active roster.

55 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Yawn, hardly worth a new thread

Ask the mods to delete it to make room for another draft thread.  Like "What if we had a chance to trade all of our draft picks for Tom Brady?".

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Well you're getting Bengals news aggregated for free here, so y'know..  Gift horse etc.

I for one am glad to see us building some no-risk depth at TE.  It's cool how these international players don't count at all until they hit the active roster.

Build the wall!!!

Archived