2019 NFL schedules released tonight

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Landry and OBJ will have a fist fight before the season is halfway over. And they will bully Mayfield like Ocho and TJ did to the quitter when he can't throw the ball to both of them every play.

That seems at least as likely as them winning the division.  Could easily be both, or neither.  If the Browns are good at anything, it's disappointment.  It's why we make such good rivals.   1/2 ninja.

I have to admit to being a tiny bit annoyed when I reply to the rare positive media coverage & am swiftly reminded of why this team deserves to be shit on.  The feedback loop there is a little toxic.  Sure it's a bunch of happytalk but it shows how hard the franchise is working to change perceptions.  Like it or not, perception goes a long way towards winning.  So does having a competent OL but they aren't on the field yet.

I mean, we only went to the playoffs five years in a row, we obviously haven't proven ourselves like Cleveland.   :rolleyes:   

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

That seems at least as likely as them winning the division.  Could easily be both, or neither.  If the Browns are good at anything, it's disappointment.  It's why we make such good rivals.   1/2 ninja.

I have to admit to being a tiny bit annoyed when I reply to the rare positive media coverage & am swiftly reminded of why this team deserves to be shit on.  The feedback loop there is a little toxic.  Sure it's a bunch of happytalk but it shows how hard the franchise is working to change perceptions.  Like it or not, perception goes a long way towards winning.  So does having a competent OL but they aren't on the field yet.

I mean, we only went to the playoffs five years in a row, we obviously haven't proven ourselves like Cleveland.   :rolleyes:   

I don't have a problem with the franchise trying to change perceptions but the coaches making speeches and saying the right thing will NEVER move the needle here.  The last time the team had legitimate national media buzz is when they signed Terrell Owens.  It is kind of similar to how the Browns are being talked about after signing OBJ.   

The fact is the Browns drafted an obnoxious Heisman trophy winner who was by far the best rookie QB last year.  A guy who threw his former coach under a bus on national TV.  They then signed the most talked about wide receiver (for good and bad reasons) in OBJ.  The Clowns are basically the Kardashians of the NFL now that Seattle got rid of all of their defenders.  The media whores can't get enough of it.

This is the same media that reported every word Jaguar CB Jalen Ramsey spouted off about how bad most of the wide receivers (by name) are in the league.  The Jaguars were 5-11 but it didn't matter, he was talking trash about other teams and players.    

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

The Clowns are basically the Kardashians of the NFL now that Seattle got rid of all of their defenders.  The media whores can't get enough of it.

Yeah we're on the same page there.  You're right about T.O. also, but the Taylor hire & what I've seen so far this offseason are much different.  This might fail too but not because it was a publicity stunt. I think we gave Taylor a deadline Marvin never had.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2019 at 11:24 AM, AmishBengalFan said:

This just in from Bengals UK:

57133748_2143059882395822_6800587865718784000_n.jpg

I'm off to Marriott.com to go find me some crash space.  Stayed last time at County Hall, which was under the London Eye and right across Westminster Bridge from Big Ben.  Great location, terrific view.

Season ticket holders, check your spam folder.  You should have received an email from Meridth Macy this morning (mine was at 10:30am) with instructions for the holders-only presale.  You will have to register at TicketMaster UK using the link provided in your email, update your password, then either stand by for a follow-up email with instructions or poke around their website and figure it out yourself.  Tickets go on sale at 10am ET Monday.  They ain't cheap, but it's a metric crap-ton less expensive than the post-scalper prices we paid in 2016.

Note:  The process requires using your Bengals.com Season Ticket Holder email address.  If you are not a Holder, you will not be eligible for this presale.

Here's the text from today's email.... the link in your email will be account-specific.

We will host an exclusive Season Ticket Member only on-sale on Monday, June 10 at 10:00am for our game in London. All game tickets must be ordered through Ticketmaster UK online.

***IMPORTANT***
Before the on-sale begins on June 10, you must reset your NFL UK password using the “forgot password” process and this email address.   Click the button below to reset your password. We acknowledge the additional steps are tedious and we apologize.  The need for an NFL UK account along with password compliance mandates that we take the proper steps to protect your account security. (NOTE: this is a separate account for London tickets only. This is NOT attached to your My Bengals Account).

* There is a purchase limit of 8 tickets per account and these are available on a first come, first served basis.
* Tickets will be charged in Great British Pounds (£), and range from Category 1 (£119) to Category 9 (£42.50)
* Child prices are available in the Category 5 (£25) and Category 9 (£23) for children aged Under 16. All children must be accompanied by an adult. There is a 3:1 ratio on child to adult tickets.
* Orders are subject to a £3.50 per-ticket service charge.

The current exchange rate is $1.27 to GBP1.00.  The email claims a GBP3.50 per-ticket service charge, but I am expecting about a 20% markup due to other nuisance charges.  The actual prices with fees are likely to run from $65.00 to $180.00 each.

I am getting four.  Two for me, and two in case Steve/Chris need a pair and don't feel like paying 8x face value again to a German scalper... I'll only charge them 2x because I'm a nice guy.  :)

wembley prices 2019.jpg

BTW, I just did this.  It's convoluted....

If you're a season ticket holder and you didn't already have an account at the TicketMaster UK site, the Bengals created one for you with your registered Bengals.com Ticketing email address.  That account's password is pre-expired.  If you try to log in using your Bengals password it won't work.  If you try to create a new account using your email address, that won't work either because you already have one.  If you try to create a new account using a different email address, that won't work either EITHER because that address isn't on the Bengals' presale list.  Here's what you have to do:

1 - Go to link the Bengals sent you.

2 - Upper right corner, click Sign In / Sign Up

3 - Click "Forgot password"

4 - Enter your Bengals.com Ticketing email address, then go play "fetch" and get the password reset email from TicketMaster UK.

5 - Select a new password.... important note: the UK site and the Bengals site and the St Louis Blues site and all of the other team-specific TicketMaster sites are NOT linked.  You are creating a brand new account on a brand new site, but are using the pre-approved email the Bengals loaded into their site.  When you select a password for this site, it does NOT change the password for your Bengals account.

6 - Go back to the link the Bengals sent you and log in using the new password.

Here's what the splash page looks like:

Untitled.jpg

If you are successful, the "account" page looks like this:

Untitled.jpg

When the presale opens on Monday, click the "Buy 2019 London Game" link up in the upper left corner.  If you click it now, you'll just piss off the site and they'll send a disgruntled Tottenham Hotspur supporter to your home to stink up your home with his horrific body odor.

Archived