Draft picks you'd hate

36 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

What picks might the Bengals make that you'd absolutely hate? Apart from players picked way too early.

1st round: Rashan Gary or Drew Lock or Daniel Jones

2nd round: Mack Wilson

3rd round: Greg Little

I'm with you on 1 and 2, although I might add Polite to 2.  I wouldn't mind Little in 3.  

If we don't take Murray or Haskins in 1, I don't want any other QB before 4.

I don't care for Murray but think someone will buy the bullshit before 11.

Akili 2.0

If Haskins is there and no lb named Devin is available, they pretty much have to take

him for Ohio State fan base appeal.  Maybe BPA available.  No qb until at least round 3

unless someone really decent slides into 2.

Don't want either of the big tight ends at 11 and

would actually prefer the big, nasty wr over them.

Ross and Core are wastes of roster spaces, probably Tate, too.

19 hours ago, sparky151 said:

What picks might the Bengals make that you'd absolutely hate? Apart from players picked way too early.

1st round: Rashan Gary or Drew Lock or Daniel Jones

2nd round: Mack Wilson

3rd round: Greg Little

I'd love Mack Wilson in the second, especially if both White and Bush are gone.  Hell, I wouldn't mind getting him even if we took one of them in the 1st!

On 4/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, Jason said:

I'm with you on 1 and 2, although I might add Polite to 2.  I wouldn't mind Little in 3.  

If we don't take Murray or Haskins in 1, I don't want any other QB before 4.

Little strikes me as Ogbuehi 2.0. He has decent athleticism along with a reputation for not working hard at his craft. 

I co-sign not taking a QB on day one or 2 unless it's Haskins or Murray.

10 hours ago, kennethmw said:

I'd love Mack Wilson in the second, especially if both White and Bush are gone.  Hell, I wouldn't mind getting him even if we took one of them in the 1st!

Wilson seems to me to be another Alabama guy whose team mates make him look better than he'll be in the NFL. I see him as a poor man's Reggie Ragland. I'd much rather get Cashman or Pratt in round 3 or Burr-Kirven in round 4 or 5. 

Add me to the list for Rashaan Gary.  His supposed talent never matched his production at Michigan and it seems like he still has residual hype from being the #1recruit coming out of high school.   Part of it may be the scheme, but Bush and even Winovich stood out to me compared to Gary whenever I watched Michigan the past couple years.

I would really hate drafting Murray, especially since we would have to trade up for him. But even if he fell to us, I wouldn't like it. He could easily be another Mannziel. He ran up big numbers against really crappy Big 12 Ds. I wouldn't hate Haskins, but we need to build a line that's not going to get him killed. So if we have to trade up for him, I think it would be a bad move.

51 minutes ago, Girevik said:

I'm not high on Bush,  but I hope I'm wrong because I have a gut feel that's it will be if they don't get Haskins.

I am not sold on Haskins as an NFL QB.  It probably has more to do with Urban Meyer forcing him to run an RPO offense when the odds of Haskins running were about 1 in 10 then any real issue I have with him.  It was the perfect offense for Barrett but not for Haskins.  I would have loved to see him in more of a pro set for a year before pulling the trigger on him at 11.   I have more faith in Andy running the ball when necessary than Haskins who I think will simply take sacks or throw it away rather then try to make a play.  

And no, I am not sold on Murray either.  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see this guy on the field to see what he can do but I think I have already seen this movie before ala RGIII  and Marcus Marriota.   I think this will be the year Lamar Jackson gets broken in half as well.

1 hour ago, Numbers said:

...any QB in the 1st.

Brace yourself, I think it's as likely as anything.   I can see an argument to be made that we shouldn't expect a Top 10ish draft pick next year so our best shot at a young franchise QB is now.   I would say QB is usually a better draft value *by round* than LB. I could see a pair of 3rd round LB's starting day one on this roster. 

Any QB taken at #11 should be challenging Andy for his job in training camp & it's hard to see that in these rookies.  Maybe Taylor ganked all of LA's draft scouting along with their playbooks on his way out?  I am 100% fine with a HC running their system out of a 3-ring binder and smiling for the cameras.   

Archived