Anybody going to Seattle for the opener?

I booked a Seattle trip for me and my dad. Going on Friday and staying until Wednesday so we can also see the Reds game.

Anyone been there and have any must see's beyond the obvious pike place market and Space Needle?

Also, I'm thinking tickets will go down a bit after the draft subsides in May/June. Cheapest with taxes seem to be about $150 currently. Anybody else been and how much did you pay?

Definitely eat somewhere along the Waterfront. The last time I was there, stopped at this place (Crab Pot IIRC) where they just threw the whole lot on the table--literally. Great eats all over. Lots of cool pubs in the general area from Lower Queen Anne district on down, as well as around the UW area. 

Traffic and parking are for shit downtown--and stay off I-5 unless you like sitting for extended periods. I haven't been to the Seahawks stadium, but was at a Mariners game a few years ago--again, not that easy to drive or park. Take public transportation or just walk. 

The last Seahawk game I went to out there was when they still played at the Kingdome. That was by far the loudest sporting event I have ever attended--person right next to me couldn't hear a word I was saying...and I was basically screaming at the top of my lungs. I understand their home now is just as loud.

Have a great time! 

15 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Definitely eat somewhere along the Waterfront. The last time I was there, stopped at this place (Crab Pot IIRC) where they just threw the whole lot on the table--literally.

Have a great time! 

That's how a crab or lobster boil should be, big pile of feast with corn cobs rolling off the table.

Space Needle I thought was underwhelming, not worth the money to go up & the park there was sketchy but I hear they've cleaned that up at least.

If the weather is nice and you're into outdoors stuff & have wheels, any of the National Parks/Forests that I've been in around there were awesome.  You could probably find a shuttle to most of them even if you don't plan on driving.  Rainier is surreal & looks like a mountain from the Swiss Alps got lost.  Washington runs ferries around Puget & the islands, those can be cool.  Saw a pod of orcas from one once.

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/pdf/wsfroutemap.pdf

If the weather sucks and you're into "urban exploration" & offbeat history, the Seattle Underground is cool.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Underground

oh and Seattle's Chinatown is a good place to eat if you like any kind of Asian food, there are restaurants from all over Asia & not just China.   I love dim sum for a late breakfast.

Archived