Bengals looking to change uniforms in the near future?

3 hours ago, Cat said:

So when GB, Shittsburgh, et al wear those awful throwbacks - those helmets are decals? I am confused...

The one-helmet rule was put in place starting with the 2013 season.  The Stealers have worn nothing but black helmets and the Packers nothing but yellow helmets since 2011.  Some teams (NE, for one) wore an alternate helmet as late as 2012, but none since then.

The Bengals can't wear their pre-1981 uniforms, but why not throw back to 1981-96?  

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, BENGALS666 said:

SI BENGALS UNIFORM REDESIGN CONTEST

Expect to see more designs that look like horrible sneakers or 80's KISS.

Keep the helmet, go back to 70's jerseys. Done...

Exactly.

On a side note, am I the only gut that likes the all white unis? Not the color rush ones, the regular ones. If you lose the orange shoulders they would actually be tolerable.

1 hour ago, gupps said:

Exactly.

On a side note, am I the only gut that likes the all white unis? Not the color rush ones, the regular ones. If you lose the orange shoulders they would actually be tolerable.

The white over white is the team's best current look.  The awful white side panels aren't visible with that jersey.

I don't think the striped helmets would work with a traditional jersey like the team wore in the 70s. The jerseys they have now are awful, but they'll need something with some stripes to balance out the helmet.

18 hours ago, gupps said:

Exactly.

There are elements of the color rash whites that I like. Especially that it it's just black and white without orange stroke outlines etc. The stripes on the shoulder look pathetic though. White on white has always been one of their better combos though not worn much since the classic stripes era. The orange jersey is hideous in 20 ways and I dread when they break those out. Simply a really bad costume. All the "tradition" associated with this team is negative.. Argh..

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SmoothD said:

I might be the only one who likes the touch of green that represents the grass where Tigers hunt their prey on the orange and white jerseys

Or maybe complete uniforms in the tiger camouflage pattern as shown by the model below

image.thumb.png.255ab43ac54cc1de2be5778cb5991aea.png

Throw a dark color number on the front and back and dark nameplate across the shoulders.

image.thumb.png.3737927ec174ffd2592ffd9a531a194e.png

That online contest cements the fact that this team will never land decent duds. Even the fans can't come up with something cool. I'm sure Paul Lukas what like "WTF" with those submissions....

Orange and black diarrhea looks more appealing that most of those workups..

It was so bad that the guy that won simply submitted the current uniform sans the white panel on the jersey.. Good grief.

One decent submission out of all of them here (naturally the alt colors looks wretched)

Brandon_Moore_Bengals2

If you added the helmet on the left to tghe uni on the right it would be perfect:

adam.cain2

This one would be better with white pants, it's the away version of 666's uni above.  The orange one can go blow, otherwise they are the best of the rest

Brandon_Moore_Bengals3

18 hours ago, gupps said:

This one would be better with white pants, it's the away version of 666's uni above.  The orange one can go blow, otherwise they are the best of the rest

Brandon_Moore_Bengals3

Yeah that would be decent with white pants. Though the socks look a bit Browns-ish. White jersey over dark pants, as common as it is today, never looks good IMO. It's like a guy in a wife beater and jeans.. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Griever said:

No changes, but the jersey "schedule" came out. Surprised to see only one game with the orange jerseys.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-2019-uniform-schedule-color-rush-dates-revealed

Wot?  Wearing those goofy ass white things in London?

International game and we look like the Cincinnati Marcel Marceau

rather than the BENGALS?

Fuck that twice.

Archived