Bengals looking to change uniforms in the near future?

• 6 months later...
10 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Sorry to revive a year-old thread, but I didn't think this was worthy of a new one of its own. The Bengals didn't just win this tournament, they dominated it.

image.thumb.png.fff19a3a611d167e222299f5efc27505.png

I like the Bengals helmets..

I ser they won over the Giants bland one the 49ers bland one the Stealers bland one and finally the Vikings bland one imo..

They jad a great draw..

Teams I would think in the final four would be Rams. Raiders Cowboys and of course our Bengals..

Id like to see more opinions on the final four from this board..interesting

Tks for reentering this...

31 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The NFL changed it's 1 helmet per player rule for this season. So in theory we could see the old style helmets with Bengals on the side at some point,

I'm hoping for a white tiger one so our "color rush" matches better

Any changes to the one-helmet rule wouldn't take effect until 2021. I'm all for it, as long as it's limited to one throwback a year and MAYBE one alternate a year. I DON'T want to see any Oregons or Kentuckys out there. I like to have some clue as to what teams I'm watching when I turn the TV on.

A white helmet for the Bengals, once a year, would be nice. I also wish they'd bring out the pre-stripes uniforms at least once a year. They could do the earlier stripes uniforms already and just won't do it. That, and a ring of honor, seem like no-brainers. Induct players into the ring, trot them out onto the field in the jersey they wore when they played, and wear throwback uniforms that day.

On 4/21/2019 at 1:16 PM, Griever said:

Typically I'd say animal print should be reserved for women, but the helmets should not be touched. Agree with the OP, best helmets in the league. As dark of a time as it was, the 90s had the best design in my opinion. Always liked the leaping tiger, miss seeing it at midfield. Now we just have that big stupid B.797_2.jpg.a12c52019ae97b99393d5fcb1e0071c3.jpg

Loved those black unis as well.  I'd also love to alternate them with their black & white "color surge" unis (with a black & white helmet).

Is this the Bengals NFL Color Rush uniform - Cincy Jungle

• 2 weeks later...

Most old unis suck.  Nostalgia is great thing but reality can be harsh. I owned a 1968 Vette a few years back.   Original safari yellow convertible. It was beautiful. I absolutely hated to drive it. Just beat the living piss out of you, wind noise was horrible, uncomfortable as hell, hot in the summer cold in the winter.  In my opinion only Tampa Bay has great throwback unis. 

spacer.png

Just now, SF2 said:

Most old unis suck.  Nostalgia is great thing but reality can be harsh. I owned a 1968 Vette once.  Original safari yellow convertible. It was beautiful. I absolutely hated to drive it. Just beat the living piss out of you, wind noise was horrible, uncomfortable as hell, hot in the summer cold in the winter.  In my opinion only Tampa Bay has great throwback unis. 

spacer.png

The Bucco Bruce creamsicles are awesome, no doubt

11 minutes ago, Griever said:

The Bucco Bruce creamsicles are awesome, no doubt

Most throw back unis are either ugly or boring.  Tampa’s are hilarious. To think someone made that logo and everyone was like, “perfect”.  Bruce should have been the 5th member of the Village People. 

On 4/20/2020 at 2:17 PM, SF2 said:

Most old unis suck.  Nostalgia is great thing but reality can be harsh. I owned a 1968 Vette a few years back.   Original safari yellow convertible. It was beautiful. I absolutely hated to drive it. Just beat the living piss out of you, wind noise was horrible, uncomfortable as hell, hot in the summer cold in the winter.  In my opinion only Tampa Bay has great throwback unis. 

Yeah, the nostalgia factor brings cries for uniforms that should probably be left in the past. There are, however, some teams that need to return to their old colors, perhaps with a modern uniform.  There's too much damned navy and black in the league.

Broncos: back to royal blue

Falcons: more red, and they screwed the pooch by emphasizing the black with their new changes

Seahawks: back to royal blue and kelly green

Eagles: back to kelly green

Patriots: back to royal blue and more red

I really like what the Chargers did last week, with the emphasis on powder blue and no more navy on the regular uniforms.

This showed up on Twitter. Would make a good change.

7 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Yeah, the nostalgia factor brings cries for uniforms that should probably be left in the past. There are, however, some teams that need to return to their old colors, perhaps with a modern uniform.  There's too much damned navy and black in the league.

Broncos: back to royal blue

Falcons: more red, and they screwed the pooch by emphasizing the black with their new changes

Seahawks: back to royal blue and kelly green

Eagles: back to kelly green

Patriots: back to royal blue and more red

I really like what the Chargers did last week, with the emphasis on powder blue and no more navy on the regular uniforms.

This showed up on Twitter. Would make a good change.

I like it, stripes are more subtle but still says "Bengals" to me. And the side white panels definitely should be gone, as pictured here. I still miss the leaping tiger but this is a good look.

Archived