Trade with Pitt?

If the draft falls like this, would you be willing to trade with the Stealers; #11 for #20, their 2nd and their 2020 4th round pick -- knowing they're probably trading up to get Devin Bush?

1. ARI - Kyler Murray

2. SF - Nick Bosa

3. NYJ - Josh Allen

4. TB - Quinnen Williams

5. Tampa - Devin White

6. NYG - D. Haskins

7. JAX - Jawaan Taylor

8. DET - TJ Hockinson

9. BUF - Ed Oliver

10. DEN - Christian Wilkins

Just now, Jason said:

They will not trade with a division rival and especially not urineburgh. And neither would I, unless it was just super-lopsided in our favor. 

I would tend to agree, but part of me thinks we can't worry about what others are doing, we have to do what's best for us.  If we got #20, #52 and a 2020 4th rounder would be well worth it.  That would allow us to possibly get Dalton Risner at #20 (a tackle that's every bit as good as Andre Dillard in my opinion).  Then with #52 you're looking at another really good pick...maybe Jeffery Simmons (unlikley, but possible), Hakeem Butler, Irv Smith, Khalen Saunders or a host of other players.

34 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

If the draft falls like this, would you be willing to trade with the Stealers; #11 for #20, their 2nd and their 2020 4th round pick -- knowing they're probably trading up to get Devin Bush?

1. ARI - Kyler Murray

2. SF - Nick Bosa

3. NYJ - Josh Allen

4. TB - Quinnen Williams

5. Tampa - Devin White

6. NYG - D. Haskins

7. JAX - Jawaan Taylor

8. DET - TJ Hockinson

9. BUF - Ed Oliver

If they want Bush, they'll trade with Denver and take him at 10...and taunt the Bengals on the way to the podium.

[Yes, I know, it takes two teams to make a trade.]

44 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

1. ARI - Kyler Murray

2. SF - Nick Bosa

3. NYJ - Josh Allen

4. TB - Quinnen Williams

5. Tampa - Devin White

6. NYG - D. Haskins

7. JAX - Jawaan Taylor

8. DET - TJ Hockinson

9. BUF - Ed Oliver

Fuck Pittsburgh.   What was the question again?

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

1. ARI - Kyler Murray

2. SF - Nick Bosa

3. NYJ - Josh Allen

4. TB - Quinnen Williams

5. Tampa - Devin White

6. NYG - D. Haskins

7. JAX - Jawaan Taylor

8. DET - TJ Hockinson

9. BUF - Ed Oliver

Why?  Take Bush and tell Them to fuck off!

2 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Why?  Take Bush and tell Them to fuck off!

What if they have Christian Wilkins rated higher than Bush and can potentially get him at #20 AND  you're adding a 2nd round pick.  So it's either take Wilkins at #11 or take Wilkins at #20 AND get a 2nd rounder?  Of course it depends on where we have Bush and other rated -- and when you move back 9 picks there's no guarantee one player will be there.  I'm all about BPA in the first round, regardless of need (unless you already have a franchise QB).  I think Wilkins is a better player than Bush and plays a MUCH more important position.  Yes, our LBs are bad, but if we got Cashman in the 3rd or Burr-Kirven in the 4th/5th, isn't that worth it? 

I guess my point of this whole post is why potentially screw yourself just so a rival doesn't get a specific player?  Sounds counter intuitive. 

On 4/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, Cricket said:

If they want Bush, they'll trade with Denver and take him at 10...and taunt the Bengals on the way to the podium.

[Yes, I know, it takes two teams to make a trade.]

Damn.  Sometimes it sucks to be right.

Archived