Official 2019 Draft First Round Thread

13 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

Finally! I want Haskins if he's there. Bengals are going to be bad this year and a LB or OL isnt going to change that. Get the best qb in the draft and let him sit behind Dalton for a year. 

large.confuciusbush.jpg

1. AZ - QB Kyler Murray

2. SF - DE Nick Bosa

3. WSH from NYJ (projected) - QB Dwayne Haskins

4. OAK - DT Quinnen Williams

5. TB - DT Ed Oliver

6. NYG - QB Daniel Jones

7. JAX - OT Jawaan Taylor

8. DET - DE Josh Allen

9. ATL from BUF (projected) - DT Christian Wilkins

10. DEN - LB Devin White

11. CIN - LB Devin Bush

12. GB - TE T.J. Hockenson

13. MIA - OT Jonah Williams

14. BUF f/ATL - OT Andre Dillard

15. NYJ f/WSH - DE Brian Burns

39 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

1. AZ - QB Kyler Murray

2. SF - DE Nick Bosa

3. WSH from NYJ (projected) - QB Dwayne Haskins

4. OAK - DT Quinnen Williams

5. TB - DT Ed Oliver

6. NYG - QB Daniel Jones

7. JAX - OT Jawaan Taylor

8. DET - DE Josh Allen

9. ATL from BUF (projected) - DT Christian Wilkins

10. DEN - LB Devin White

11. CIN - LB Devin Bush

12. GB - TE T.J. Hockenson

13. MIA - OT Jonah Williams

14. BUF f/ATL - OT Andre Dillard

15. NYJ f/WSH - DE Brian Burns

You think we would pass on Drew Lock if he made it to us?  Honest question.  I am beginning to think we are going QB for two reasons.   One is for Taylor to have his own guy and second is simply due to economics of the position. 

Looking at Wilson's and Big Jen's contract, Dalton is  going to cost Cincy at least $25mil a year.  Rosen was the 10th pick last year and got $17.6 over FOUR years with a 5th year option.  It is simple math, if they can get a similar QB to Dalton at $4.5mil a year for a minimum 4 years they will probably do it.   Taylor came from LA and understands that having a $4mil a year QB allows you to pay your pro bowl LT $11mil a year and your very good RT $7.5mil a year.  It also allows you to pick up a Brandin Cooks for $16 mil a year instead of paying a second rate guy a few mil. 

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You think we would pass on Drew Lock if he made it to us?  Honest question.  I am beginning to think we are going QB for two reasons.   One is for Taylor to have his own guy and second is simply due to economics of the position. 

Looking at Wilson's and Big Jen's contract, Dalton is  going to cost Cincy at least $25mil a year.  Rosen was the 10th pick last year and got $17.6 over FOUR years with a 5th year option.  It is simple math, if they can get a similar QB to Dalton at $4.5mil a year they will probably do it. 

I'm buying into the rumors that Lock is slipping down boards and we're not taking a QB 11

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Looking at Wilson's and Big Jen's contract, Dalton is  going to cost Cincy at least $25mil a year.  Rosen was the 10th pick last year and got $17.6 over FOUR years with a 5th year option.  It is simple math, if they can get a similar QB to Dalton at $4.5mil a year for a minimum 4 years they will probably do it.   Taylor came from LA and understands that having a $4mil a year QB allows you to pay your pro bowl LT $11mil a year and your very good RT $7.5mil a year.  It also allows you to pick up a Brandin Cooks for $16 mil a year instead of paying a second rate guy a few mil. 

Yes, I think we would pass on Cutler, er,  Lock. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Yes, I think we would pass on Cutler, er,  Lock. :lol: 

Jay Cutler quality at $4.5 mil a year for 4 years minimum would be good.  I can do without the pouty face on the sidelines though.

For those of you who watch ESPN, is Herbstriet one of the main guys? Is he doing it this year? I’ve been watching NFLN for a while now but that was mostly for Mayock. But he’s the Oakland GM now so I might go back to ESPN. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

For those of you who watch ESPN, is Herbstriet one of the main guys? Is he doing it this year? I’ve been watching NFLN for a while now but that was mostly for Mayock. But he’s the Oakland GM now so I might go back to ESPN. 

I think he may have been last year. The draft is also being shown on ABC tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Any idea approximately what time we pick?

9:40 or 9:50 I believe.  Not sure when the first pick MUST be done.  Either 8 or 8:10.  10 minutes between picks.

8 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I think he may have been last year. The draft is also being shown on ABC tonight. 

From Herbie’s Twitter it looks like the College Gameday crew is doing the ABC coverage. I’ll have to watch that. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Dalton won't cost us 25 mil per year. A franchise QB with a market would cost at least that much but who else would go hard after Dalton if he reached free agency?  He'd have a market as a veteran backup QB but teams for whom he'd be an improvement are generally looking for someone with more upside. If the Bengals sign him to a new deal it probably won't be much more than 20 mil per year. 

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Dalton won't cost us 25 mil per year. A franchise QB with a market would cost at least that much but who else would go hard after Dalton if he reached free agency?  He'd have a market as a veteran backup QB but teams for whom he'd be an improvement are generally looking for someone with more upside. If the Bengals sign him to a new deal it probably won't be much more than 20 mil per year. 

Which is still 4 times as much as new guy who might be better (or worse).

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Kirk Cousins is getting $28M/yr

Archived