Official 2019 Draft First Round Thread

15 minutes ago, soundstreamer said:

May be a boring pick but if he can actually block someone unlike their current RT it will make the offense more exciting.

It’s a very good pick. Fills a need.  It is still boring.  The Bengals are monochrome. 

I really figured that the pick would come down to Devin Bush or Jawaan Taylor but that's only because I've always assumed that Jonah Williams would be the first OL off the board and a top 10 pick.....to me, Williams for us vs Bush to Pitt is a win for our side. 

Color me happy. 

7 minutes ago, JC said:

Never saw the Simmons video until that point. Tough look. 

Wingo was sure to bring up Mixon and stressed how different this was and how the kid redeemed himself, but so did Mixon. The bengals caught a rash of shit obviously, but they're defending this pick.

12 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Grab another one in 2nd round?

Not sure about round 2, but wouldn't bother me a bit to grab another OT down the draft for depth/future (maybe a small school guy with a lot of upside).  Hadn't bothered much with studying Williams in the lead up to the draft because I thought he'd be gone.  A couple of things I had heard led me to believe he might shift to OG ala the C'Boys' Martin.  If he's a decade long LT then boy-howdy!  Like the Whitt comparison.

Really hoping Price blossoms in year 2 as well.

Interesting they are considering Williams to LT with Glenn to LG and Boling to RG.  I thought if the got a LT, they might move Glenn to RT, keep Boling in-situ with Hart, Miller & Redmond battling for RG.  Should make for an interesting camp war.

Archived