Official 2019 Draft First Round Thread

41 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Anyone notice, the networks never talked about our new HC or did I miss it?  Also, does anyone think the Stoolers thought we were going to take the Michigan LB so the leaped us like most teams do with MFB sleeping at the wheel?

Yes the Stealers thought we were taking Bush. So?  We had huge needs at two positions so either Bush or Williams were good picks at 11 for us. The Stealers had to give up picks and are already hurting cap wise. 

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yes the Stealers thought we were taking Bush. So?  We had huge needs at two positions so either Bush or Williams were good picks at 11 for us. The Stealers had to give up picks and are already hurting cap wise. 

Agreed...and they overplayed their hand, methinks. If the plan was to simply get in front of us, that move doesn't appear, on the surface, to have been a valuable enough jump. 

Fuck Tomlin. Fuck Rothelisberger. And fuck the Stealers.

16 hours ago, SF2 said:

Ross was terrible pick.  He was a gadget and everyone knew it. 

Nonsense... Imagine if he had been drafted by a team that knew how to utilize what he excels at rather than trying to make him fit into what they have always had.

16 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Yeah, 4.65 is slow.  GTFOH!  We ALL understand you don't like him.  He didn't slide one up your poop shooter on a camping trip, did he?:P

That was at his pro day. He was 4.75 at the combine.  I guess I would prefer a second round pick who isn't a massive reach due to fairly poor athleticism at LB in an NFL where everyone is a rabbit now. Sorry. They can find LBers to challenge in that room who can actually move a round later which allows them to have BPA in second. 

It worked out well for the Bengals to get Jonah Williams even with the Stealers moving up to draft Bush right before we picked.  They probably weren't going to take Bush anyway and Pittsburgh gave up valuable picks to move up.  We still adressed a major need with Williams and he can contribute right away.   Nice start for the Taylor era in the draft.

20 minutes ago, membengal said:

That was at his pro day. He was 4.75 at the combine.  I guess I would prefer a second round pick who isn't a massive reach due to fairly poor athleticism at LB in an NFL where everyone is a rabbit now. Sorry. They can find LBers to challenge in that room who can actually move a round later which allows them to have BPA in second. 

And then when the LB's are the wink link again, you'll complain that we don't draft guys in the early rounds.  

1 hour ago, rcarpenter62 said:

Nonsense... Imagine if he had been drafted by a team that knew how to utilize what he excels at rather than trying to make him fit into what they have always had.

What does he excel at besides running really fast?  A WR drafted that high should be an immediate every-down threat, not a situational 5th guy on the depth chart you have to draw plays around.  

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

And then when the LB's are the wink link again, you'll complain that we don't draft guys in the early rounds.  

There are other LBs they can draft.  I'm hearing a lot that makes me want to pass on Mack Wilson as well.  Cashman is the top of my list right now.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

There are other LBs they can draft.  I'm hearing a lot that makes me want to pass on Mack Wilson as well.  Cashman is the top of my list right now.

Has he been Kneeling for the National Anthem?  

:ph34r:

Archived