!!! Bengals 2019 First Round pick Jonah Williams !!!

19 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Mike could have done a 2-3 year extension for less than LA and he would have stayed, just my opinion from what I've read.

To hear Whit tell it we made a low-ball offer & when he gave us a chance to counter LA, idiot Son-in-law wanted Mike to see what a big boy he was and started talking shit.  It's funny that this ended up being the last straw for Marvin and I doubt it was even his decision.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:33 PM, Gary said:

Could have brought in Jake Browning from the same high school here in Sacramento. 

LOL, yeah and then Jake could have continued his 4 year tradition of NOT throwing many passes to Drew Sample!!

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

LOL, yeah and then Jake could have continued his 4 year tradition of NOT throwing many passes to Drew Sample!!

Thing I was reading made it sound like Sample caught everything they threw at him for the one year they really targeted him.  Something like 20 of his 25 college receptions were last season iirc?  We can't count on Eifert so they got their guy where they had him slotted, it's whatever.  Like I was getting at in his thread, the first time he pancakes some blitzer on a TD pass no one will care where he was drafted.  

We got deeper at our 2 weakest positions, restocked at RB and got a backup QB who at worst still isn't Driskan't.  Don't get hung up on a 2nd round pick. 

7 hours ago, oldschooler said:

This is what I like about this kid,

“Absolutely [I play with a different personality on the field]. I’m not a trash-talker, I’m not dirty or anything like that. My goal is to make person not want to keep lining up across from me,” Williams said. “I want them to ask to switch to the other side or ask to get a sub in. I’m pretty calm, pretty collected off the field, but I have a switch that I can turn on, and it’s a whole different deal when that happens.

“I think people try to put other people in boxes, especially in this draft process. A lot of people will put me in that technician, smart-guy box.” Williams continued. “That’s true and that’s something I pride myself on, but I’m also a lineman, and I want to get on the field, I want to impose my will on people, and I want to be part of a unit that does that to opposing defenses. There’s no better feeling than blocking up the D-line, driving them off the ball, being physical, seeing your running back make a play or seeing your quarterback get the ball out. That’s such a satisfying feeling as an offensive line.”

That's playing Football!!

The top 10 in this draft was really strange.  No RB, WR, CB, S, or OL were picked.  7 of the 10 were defensive players, including 2 linebackers.  The Bengals were lucky to be able to take their top o-line prospect at #11.  Williams will push Hart to the bench where he belongs.  Literally every Bengals fan should be happy about that.  We also now have insurance for Glenn if/when an injury happens.  I think it was exactly the right pick to address a major need and have an immediate impact this year.

Archived