!!! Bengals 2019 First Round pick Jonah Williams !!!

On 4/28/2019 at 9:34 PM, oldschooler said:

Wow! He's beating those boys like they owe him money!

If any of you haven't watched this, you should. Just about every positive gain by William's offense is a direct result of him...he's walling off almost the whole defense, mauling and tossing guys like ragdolls. It's beautiful!

On 5/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, kennethmw said:

This is what I like about this kid,

“Absolutely [I play with a different personality on the field]. I’m not a trash-talker, I’m not dirty or anything like that. My goal is to make person not want to keep lining up across from me,” Williams said. “I want them to ask to switch to the other side or ask to get a sub in. I’m pretty calm, pretty collected off the field, but I have a switch that I can turn on, and it’s a whole different deal when that happens.

“I think people try to put other people in boxes, especially in this draft process. A lot of people will put me in that technician, smart-guy box.” Williams continued. “That’s true and that’s something I pride myself on, but I’m also a lineman, and I want to get on the field, I want to impose my will on people, and I want to be part of a unit that does that to opposing defenses. There’s no better feeling than blocking up the D-line, driving them off the ball, being physical, seeing your running back make a play or seeing your quarterback get the ball out. That’s such a satisfying feeling as an offensive line.”

That's playing Football!!

I completely agree. A healthy Price and this guy along with Boling should be able to move some serious meat.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:50 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

The top 10 in this draft was really strange.  No RB, WR, CB, S, or OL were picked.  7 of the 10 were defensive players, including 2 linebackers.  The Bengals were lucky to be able to take their top o-line prospect at #11.  Williams will push Hart to the bench where he belongs.  Literally every Bengals fan should be happy about that.  We also now have insurance for Glenn if/when an injury happens.  I think it was exactly the right pick to address a major need and have an immediate impact this year.

Hell yeah I'm happy about that! Hart needs to never leave the bench unless injuries happen.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:50 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

The top 10 in this draft was really strange.  No RB, WR, CB, S, or OL were picked.  7 of the 10 were defensive players, including 2 linebackers.  The Bengals were lucky to be able to take their top o-line prospect at #11.  Williams will push Hart to the bench where he belongs.  Literally every Bengals fan should be happy about that.  We also now have insurance for Glenn if/when an injury happens.  I think it was exactly the right pick to address a major need and have an immediate impact this year.

Absolutely agree, as soon as the two too lbs were gone due to pitt giving up too much, we got a gift. We'll never know who the pick would have been had pitt not traded but I'm very happy with the pick.

4 hours ago, Bunghole said:

If any of you haven't watched this, you should. Just about every positive gain by William's offense is a direct result of him...he's walling off almost the whole defense, mauling and tossing guys like ragdolls. It's beautiful!

I watched it last week and I agree.  My thought was that he clearly understood his assignment on each play and then executed it.  He was obviously well coached, and absorbed it all.

57 minutes ago, ValleyBengal said:

Who is missing? Billy Price?

The first OL taken in the draft, the Bengals 1st round pick.

The topic of this thread.

First name starts with Jonah. Last name starts with Williams

Considering Murray is probably only going to compete with himself, that wasn't a hard pick.  They didn't forget Williams, they forgot the Bengals exist.  I am actually stunned the Lions got someone on that list but the league does have a soft spot for Detroit and Eminem. 

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

The first OL taken in the draft, the Bengals 1st round pick.

The topic of this thread.

First name starts with Jonah. Last name starts with Williams

lol... I assumed they were just kidding about who was missing...maybe not

4 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I noticed that this only shows ten players (and only four linemen)...and figured the eleventh player was cut out of the pic.   I was wondering if it was done intentionally as a joke...or as an incentive for Jonah.   So I went looking for the original image. 

Found it.  The eleventh player (fifth lineman) is Greg Little, Carolina.

WTF?

52 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I noticed that this only shows ten players (and only four linemen)...and figured the eleventh player was cut out of the pic.   I was wondering if it was done intentionally as a joke...or as an incentive for Jonah.   So I went looking for the original image. 

WTF?

But on a different note, Mt. Healthy alum David Montgomery is on the list. :)

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

WTF?

Williams would need to score 5 tds and block a few punts before he would make the actual all rookie team.  Andrew Whitworth was one of the best 2 or 3 tackles in the league for years before he even got a pro bowl nod. It took 10 years to finally be voted all-pro. 

21 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Williams would need to score 5 tds and block a few punts before he would make the actual all rookie team.  Andrew Whitworth was one of the best 2 or 3 tackles in the league for years before he even got a pro bowl nod. It only took getting the fuck out of Cincinnati to finally be voted all-pro. 

fixt

Archived