!!! Bengals 2019 THIRD Round pick LB Germaine Pratt !!! #72

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

This time last night we were wondering if they would go back-to-back OLs if the right guy was there in the second.  If Mack Wilson is there when they select 8th tomorrow, will they go back-to-back LBs?

/

Wouldn't be mad if they did.  Brown is the only one who has any business starting in the NFL, assuming he doesn't break something in the first game.

2 hours ago, snarkster said:

This time last night we were wondering if they would go back-to-back OLs if the right guy was there in the second.  If Mack Wilson is there when they select 8th tomorrow, will they go back-to-back LBs?

/

In my opinion,, yes. 

Our first two picks went to last seasons weakest link the line. 

Our next two picks to our 2nd weakest link LB. 

I see them drafting another 2 or 3 linemen for a total of 5, TEs included. 3 LBs total. 

Germaine Pratt LB North Carolina St

by Drew Boylhart • April 5, 2019

STRENGTHS
Germaine is an athletic linebacker with the cover skills needed, to be an every down linebacker. He has the size to play more than one linebacker position in any style of defensive scheme. He is an excellent tackler using the correct form and tackling “through” his opponent. Germaine is developing the instincts to become a dominant player with play making abilities. His cover skills are better than most LB’s and Safeties in this draft. He can be used to blitz, using his long arms to his advantage against running backs, H-Backs and Tight Ends who try to block him. Germaine has the biggest upside of any linebacker in this draft and I believe in a year or two he will be considered as one of the top players, in the NFL at his position.

CONCERNS
Germaine has moved around from position to position as he has grown into his body. Right now, he is succeeding on athletic talent and will need time to continue to develop the instincts and high football IQ needed to play at the level his talents suggest that he can play at.

TALENT BOARD ROUND 2.00 
In years to come there is no doubt in my mind that teams will be kicking themselves for passing on Germaine in this draft. I will be surprise if he doesn’t, somehow sneak into the back half of the first round but then again, maybe I won’t. Some are going to suggest, because he didn’t run a blistering forty time that he doesn’t belong with the other more “media known” linebackers but his explosion to the play is excellent and his ability to cover is so much better than others in this draft that it surprises me that his play on film isn’t being talked about. Germaine has played safety, inside and outside linebacker. His ability to play against the run and shed blocks to make tackles is very good. He is stout against the run when used on the outside but what Germaine brings to the table is commitment to what he sees and burst to the play, making tackles all over the field. He has to work on his leadership, communication, and understanding of down and distance and situational football. Give him time, and he will be one of the best players on the field and a defensive player who makes plays.

Ok........I feel a little better now. I had to switch to the Reds last night after our 2nd round fiasco.

This guy seems like he could turn into something - although - so did Dawson and others.

I like that he's a converted safety. He's used to covering receivers / tight ends.

This is my favorite of the 3 picks so far. I think he's a day 1 starter. Chiseled frame, thumper, and an old school LB who likes contact. I remember watching the combine and just liking his badass demeanor. He looked like a grown man, running around with baby-face boys. 

Give me him over Devin Bush who is going to get trucked by Jonah. 

Archived